The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Delohery
Just wondering what everyone wrote for the 6 marker on the social welfare question on the population section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Education levels income levels and consequent effects :smile:
Reply 1201
Original post by mahatma ghandi
lower quality damp housing=poor health
lower educational achievement=unlikely to get a skilled job
therefore less disposable income, leads to less money to spend on high quality food, lower standard of living more possible health problems.
also I put even though I think it's a weak point but was in a textbook- less money to spend on enjoyment therefore more depression. Also a negative multiplier effect is possible.
fumes from cars in inner city exacerbate asthma problems

My points seemed to be mainly based around health, but I think they are legitimate.

this is for inner city compared to rural urban fringe

Thankyou, did you do food?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone talk about salt marshes on the question about landforms connected to submergence?
Reply 1203
Original post by Blueray2

Thankyou, what about the 5 marker on the same section regarding the socioeconomic factor?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blueray2

Omg that's what I did! Unfortunately I rushed this question cuz I was really struggling for time... Feel like crying because I was forced to miss out a whole 5 maker in health to prioritise the 15 marker...so because I wrote about education and figures about A*-C grades at GCSE therefore better uni degrees and jobs and income so better housing and lifestyle etc. would that be enough for six marks?
Can someone tell me what they did for the COLD ENVIRONMENTS 15 marker?
Reply 1206
Original post by hassanakhtaruk
Omg that's what I did! Unfortunately I rushed this question cuz I was really struggling for time... Feel like crying because I was forced to miss out a whole 5 maker in health to prioritise the 15 marker...so because I wrote about education and figures about A*-C grades at GCSE therefore better uni degrees and jobs and income so better housing and lifestyle etc. would that be enough for six marks?

I included things like:- healthcare being poorer in the inner city, higher crime rates as people are less educated and tend to rebel against society in inner city areas, also talked about how people in inner city areas have higher % of people with no qualifications as they are poorer and therefore cannot afford transport/resources associated with education, also used car ownership as an example of wealthier people in the rural areas... I used facts and figs from the Preston case study to back all my points up as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1207
Original post by RobertBanks
Did anyone talk about salt marshes on the question about landforms connected to submergence?

I did about fjords, are salt marshes submergent landforms? I thought they were just when the river loses velocity behind a spit and deposits its load? I'm not sure you may be able to use that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankyou, did you do food?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no problem, no I did population, energy, coasts and rivers
Reply 1209
If we all retaliate and complain about the LQ image and the first rivers question never being taught before, are they more likely to lower the boundaries?
Reply 1210
Original post by rickyy
If we all retaliate and complain about the LQ image and the first rivers question never being taught before, are they more likely to lower the boundaries?

Probably not... The world is a very cruel world, where printers are low quality and examiners are harsh lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by homefind
I included things like:- healthcare being poorer in the inner city, higher crime rates as people are less educated and tend to rebel against society in inner city areas, also talked about how people in inner city areas have higher % of people with no qualifications as they are poorer and therefore cannot afford transport/resources associated with education, also used car ownership as an example of wealthier people in the rural areas... I used facts and figs from the Preston case study to back all my points up as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yh I included the crime rate too! :biggrin: the 2 questions on social welfare were weirdly worded...
Reply 1212
Oh yh I included the crime rate too! :biggrin: the 2 questions on social welfare were weirdly worded...

Yeah I know what you mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1213
So any of you planning to re-take the exam next year or do AS Geo or A2 Geo at the same time?
What on earth was flood magnitude frequency analysis for the first question in rivers..?

Also i spent ****ing half an hour trying to draw a fjord oh and also i messed up the health one where it said a local case study i said cuba haha -.-
Reply 1215
Original post by The Eden project
What on earth was flood magnitude frequency analysis for the first question in rivers..?

Also i spent ****ing half an hour trying to draw a fjord oh and also i messed up the health one where it said a local case study i said cuba haha -.-

I just sketched out the long profile and cross profile of a fjord

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone tell me what they did for the COLD ENVIRONMENTS 15 marker?

I was hoping someone would mention this. This is the question which I think I did the worst on. I mentioned how Basal slippage is a small layer of water at the bottom of a glacier which acts as a lubricant and speeds the glacier up and how this can only happen in temperate glaciers. I also mentioned something about internal deformation (which was incorrect) and about extending and compressive flow.
Thankyou, what about the 5 marker on the same section regarding the socioeconomic factor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh crap I should have said housing, bt yeah I used that A*-C grades at GCSE as well :biggrin:
Original post by homefind
I just sketched out the long profile and cross profile of a fjord

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh i didnt realise you could do that so i started drawing out a valley with deep water and even drew a boat in it showing it's deep haha
Reply 1219
Original post by The Eden project
Oh i didnt realise you could do that so i started drawing out a valley with deep water and even drew a boat in it showing it's deep haha

Awesome :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending