The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by emilyroseclayton
Did anyone else write about China and France for the population 15 marker?

I did :smile: I said they were both successful but perhaps not to the extent that the governments wanted them to be. I think that was my best 15 marker.
God reading everyone's answers to the questions has made me realise just how badly I've done in the exam and I thought I did alright lol... I'll be resitting next summer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1322
Original post by Melissajwilson
God reading everyone's answers to the questions has made me realise just how badly I've done in the exam and I thought I did alright lol... I'll be resitting next summer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
same, but I realised how wrong some of my health and population was. trying to stop thinking about it but I want to do geography at uni and getting a bad mark will really affect my chances :frown:
Original post by kate3

Posted from TSR Mobile
same, but I realised how wrong some of my health and population was. trying to stop thinking about it but I want to do geography at uni and getting a bad mark will really affect my chances :frown:

Have you done the skills section yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

tell me about it
2 things i know for sure ive done wrong is the hard engineering for rivers on the dam i just explained how the water is reduced to not cause flooding or overflow not anythiing about concrete or it being concrete or sluice gates WHICH I KNEW BUT FORGOT TO WRITE

and population the stages of development i just wrote about china and uganda but didnt state what stage of development they are in WHICH I KNEW BUT DIDNT WRITE
arghhh :frown:
I found the rivers, coasts and health sections relatively straight forward but, population is where I think I have lost most marks..
Reply 1326
Did anyone here do Food Supply Issues? By the looks of it, most of you did Health. What did people put for the question that asked about how agricultural systems can be classified? I talked about arable/pastoral, commercial/subsistence and intensive/extensive... was that the right way to go about that question?
grade boundaries?
can anyone who did deserts help ?
on the 15 marker where you had to explain two causes of aridity, i wrote about hadley cells, then the rain shadow effect. thing is, the basic principles of them are kind of the same (air rises, condenses, dry air descends etc) and i only realised afterwards ! will they penalise me for this ?! :frown:
For population I did Canning Town and London for the settlement contrasting areas ... These are too similar right ? I forgot what else to write ! Will I get some marks ? Thanks !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1330
Any tips for GEOG2?
Reply 1331
Original post by mescoriza
For population I did Canning Town and London for the settlement contrasting areas ... These are too similar right ? I forgot what else to write ! Will I get some marks ? Thanks !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well Canning Town is in London, I did Richmond-Upon-Thames and Canning Town which are contrasting areas.
Original post by rickyy
Any tips for GEOG2?

Be familiar with all the skills on the spec and practice using them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1333
[QUOTE="Melissajwilson;42631784"]
Original post by kate3

Have you done the skills section yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no, exam next week. I am hoping now to do really well on the skills, which is going to be hard.
Original post by MobQ
Did anyone here do Food Supply Issues? By the looks of it, most of you did Health. What did people put for the question that asked about how agricultural systems can be classified? I talked about arable/pastoral, commercial/subsistence and intensive/extensive... was that the right way to go about that question?

I just wrote about extensive, intensive and subsistence mainly. I did a sentence at the end mentioning arable and pastoral though. Although wasn't it only worth 5 marks?
Reply 1335
Original post by Mr Potato
I just wrote about extensive, intensive and subsistence mainly. I did a sentence at the end mentioning arable and pastoral though. Although wasn't it only worth 5 marks?

Yeah it was 5 marks, guess if you talked about 3 it should hopefully be enough to get the 5 marks :smile:. What issues did you talk about in the 15 marker if you can remember? It talked about demand for seasonal produce and high demand for from rich countries from poorer countries.
Reply 1336
did anybody do the glaciation section? The 15 marker for that section completely threw me! I've never seen a question based on ice movement before? Never even mentioned Antarctica like I was expecting it too as it was on nearly all the past papers! Hope the grade boundaries are low for this paper!
Reply 1337
Original post by 6formsce
did anybody do the glaciation section? The 15 marker for that section completely threw me! I've never seen a question based on ice movement before? Never even mentioned Antarctica like I was expecting it too as it was on nearly all the past papers! Hope the grade boundaries are low for this paper!

Well i know i did bad when this was my best question :angry: AQA WHAT ABOUT BODCASTLE BANGLADESH TRANS ALASKAN PIPELINE RIVER QUAGGY THREE GORGES DAM YOU IDIOTS I KNEW EVERYTHING ON THESE NOT ONE THING ON ESKERS ENERGY TRADE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1338
Original post by rickyy
Any tips for GEOG2?

Well for the second section, I would just explain everything in lots of detail.. also, if a question asks you to refer to data from your fieldwork, as long as it is reasonable, you can make the figures up, as the examiners won't see our fieldwork data :smile: And I guess just go over all the graphical techniques to make sure you know them all.
Reply 1339
Original post by mashaw
Well i know when i did bad when this was my best question :angry: AQA WHAT ABOUT BODCASTLE BANGLADESH TRANS ALASKAN PIPELINE RIVER QUAGGY THREE GORGES DAM YOU IDIOTS I KNEW EVERYTHING ON THESE NOT ONE THING ON ESKERS ENERGY TRADE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I know!!!! It was the most confusing and horrible question they could have given us! That eskers question was just as bad, completely mucked up the entire section. :mad: I pretty much just blagged the entire paper in the end :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending