The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AshenSun
Thank you.
The bit I don't understand is when you solve theta to get a number, then you have to do certain things depending on if you're looking for the values of sin/cos/tan. How do you know what to do? eg. Add 180

ok, so we get a question like:

we use the identity sin/cos=tan
sin theta/cos theta = 3/4
tan theta = 3/4

you type tan^-1(3/4) onto your calculator for the principal value. Sketch a graph and using the graph's symmetry you can work out the other values within the region.

Do you know what the graphs look like?
I didn't want to risk doing PE outdoors in this morning's weather (PE Monday afternoon was ****ing ridiculous I'm not doing that again) so I was like "hey parents I'm not going to school" and they were all like "cool"
Reply 1522
Can I talk to someone? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Can I talk to someone? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

KIK
Got some more results :colone:

Spoiler

OFSTED are visiting my school tmorow s all my revision sessions are cancelled
Reply 1526
Original post by Bluffroom
OFSTED are visiting my school tmorow s all my revision sessions are cancelled

That's just stupid! The school cares more about sucking up to OFSTED than your grades. How much I detest this system is beyond words!

Original post by L'Evil Fish

Spoiler

Well done! why do you think statistics was marked wrong? Aside from the obvious fact that you could never get such a low grade if you tried!
Original post by Vionar
That's just stupid! The school cares more about sucking up to OFSTED than your grades. How much I detest this system is beyond words!

Well done! why do you think statistics was marked wrong? Aside from the obvious fact that you could never get such a low grade if you tried!

Because she entered marks before reading them... Eg she predicted some ****ing marks
Just downloaded the maths IGCSE papers I did last year out of interested.
Wondering how on Earth I actually dropped marks in them :tongue:
Reply 1529
Because she entered marks before reading them... Eg she predicted some ****ing marks

Now that's just plain idiotic. If you really want to, you could report her to someone!
Original post by NoMathsPlease
Just downloaded the maths IGCSE papers I did last year out of interested.
Wondering how on Earth I actually dropped marks in them :tongue:

hmm I might download my GCSE maths paper and mark scheme see where i dropped marks :L

Spoiler

How do you get full marks on biology? :confused:
Original post by Vionar
Now that's just plain idiotic. If you really want to, you could report her to someone!

Can't be asked... As long as it's not moderated down
Original post by Elm Tree
How do you get full marks on biology? :confused:

:dontknow:
Reply 1533
Can't be asked... As long as it's not moderated down

Could be moderated up!
Original post by techno836
hmm I might download my GCSE maths paper and mark scheme see where i dropped marks :L

It's quite fun. I know I got 100 and 97, but couldn't remember what I put for answers so not sure where I lost dem marks lol
Original post by Vionar
x

It won't... The ones being moderated are rubbish, so... It'll go down if anything...
I wish we had done coursework for more subjects.. So much easier :frown:
Only did in English
Reply 1537
It won't... The ones being moderated are rubbish, so... It'll go down if anything...

Maybe she was equally stupid with marking them... But you'll pull it back in the exam! (there is an exam, right? :tongue:)
Original post by NoMathsPlease
It's quite fun. I know I got 100 and 97, but couldn't remember what I put for answers so not sure where I lost dem marks lol

yeah I just realised I don't even know my marks because it was linear -.-
Original post by Vionar
Maybe she was equally stupid with marking them... But you'll pull it back in the exam! (there is an exam, right? :tongue:)

Coursework is 20%... So theoretically I should be able to get an A*

Latest