The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vionar
Did you do it today?y school had no exams today, so I didn't get the chance to write down some German vocab! :angry: And then the firebell went off!

:angry: The whole system is just wrong! I hate it.

It's awful, I really hate how such important subjects are totally disregarded.

I hate the entire system, they give them time to prep which is *******s.
Reply 1561
Original post by Bluffroom
I hate the entire system, they give them time to prep which is *******s.

To be fair, it is getting better. Before, they had like a week or something ridiculous like that! I still want them to have no notification until about an hour or two before they arrive or something.
Reply 1562
hey can someone answer my question regarding aqa english lit unit 1 thanks :smile: hate it when my posts get moved out of the gcse section no one comments on them :frown:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2352394
Original post by Vionar
To be fair, it is getting better. Before, they had like a week or something ridiculous like that! I still want them to have no notification until about an hour or two before they arrive or something.

Still, it's not good enough - at 3:25pm today they had an emergency assembly for year 11s (and one for every year for about an hour prior) bsically telling people what to do as they found out at 1pm and they are freaking out
Original post by Vionar

They should turn up, and be like 'Hi I'm from OFSTED." and school would be like :eek: :ahhhhh:
Still, it's not good enough - at 3:25pm today they had an emergency assembly for year 11s (and one for every year for about an hour prior) bsically telling people what to do as they found out at 1pm and they are freaking out

hahaha PANIC! :wink:
Reply 1565

I know, it needs to go further, but it's a step in the right direction at least. It shouldn't even need a warning, (obviously except so that OFSTED don't turn up while the school's burning down or something! So, they should have a warning, but only a few hours or something!) OFSTED want to see the real school, not the fake one to make them look good.
Original post by MattFletcher
They should turn up, and be like 'Hi I'm from OFSTED." and school would be like :eek: :ahhhhh:

That is what I want them to do.
Original post by Vionar
I know, it needs to go further, but it's a step in the right direction at least. It shouldn't even need a warning, (obviously except so that OFSTED don't turn up while the school's burning down or something! So, they should have a warning, but only a few hours or something!) OFSTED want to see the real school, not the fake one to make them look good.

It should do what Matt suggested. My school is good enough so they should calm the fook down instead of actling like vaginas.
It was my Dad's birthday today and everyone totally forgot :eek:
Reply 1568
Original post by MattFletcher

That's actually what they should do, it would show the school how it normally is, not how it looks like dressed up!

That is what I want them to do.

It should do what Matt suggested. My school is good enough so they should calm the fook down instead of actling like vaginas.

The schools may get a lower rating, but at least it's actually what the school's like. How are they supposed to improve if they dress up every time someone wants to see how to improve them!
Original post by NoMathsPlease
Anyone in here a big Drum and bass fan like moi?

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=0prFicLgXxw[/video]
Reply 1570
Original post by Elm Tree
It was my Dad's birthday today and everyone totally forgot :eek:

:eek: What was his reaction?
Original post by Vionar
:eek: What was his reaction?

He said he was upset... and he's going to start forgetting our birthdays :tongue:
Worst thing is people at his work remembered it was his birthday and his own family didn't :s-smilie:

I don't think he took it too seriously though...
Reply 1572
Original post by Elm Tree
He said he was upset... and he's going to start forgetting our birthdays :tongue:
Worst thing is people at his work remembered it was his birthday and his own family didn't :s-smilie:

I don't think he took it too seriously though...

:lol: Don't expect much on your next birthday! :tongue:
Awkward...

You will never know...
Reply 1573
How do you guys move forward from setbacks that quite literally, you can't move forward from? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
How do you guys move forward from setbacks that quite literally, you can't move forward from? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on what type of setback it is... care to

elaborate?
Reply 1575
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm...I think I'd try and find a 'place' where you can forget about it, just try and get some alone time. It doesn't matter when this is, and it doesn't even have to be a place, just put yourself 'somewhere' you don't have to worry about it. You could listen to music, do a hobby you enjoy...anything!
(edited 10 years ago)
Help :colondollar:

Spoiler

Original post by Vionar
That's actually what they should do, it would show the school how it normally is, not how it looks like dressed up!

The schools may get a lower rating, but at least it's actually what the school's like. How are they supposed to improve if they dress up every time someone wants to see how to improve them!

yep, it looks weird when I see people with top buttons done up, other than when they're made to at the front door. It lasts 2 seconds!
Reply 1579
Original post by Vionar
Erm...I think I'd try and find a 'place' where you can forget about it, just try and get some alone time. It doesn't matter when this is, and it doesn't even have to be a place, just put yourself 'somewhere' you don't have to worry about it. You could listen to music, do a hobby you enjoy...anything!

Ahh the irony of you saying "listen to music"... Thanks though. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest