The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Managed 15 minutes of studying. Not much, but it's a start.
Original post by 08batee
Feel quite teary. Think it's gonna be a long night tonight Posted from TSR Mobile
I know where you are too well. ; ; Consider yourself warmly hugged. Could I help at all? I have all night.
Reply 602
Original post by ANONYM00SE

Long time no speak - good luck with exams!! Are you AS or A2? I keep forgetting everything sorry :frown: I'm struggling with motivation for exams too :frown: :hugs: mine start tomorrow but the ones I have this week aren't really important luckily. :hugs: I'm sending you good luck/motivation vibes :biggrin:

Hey! I'm doing A2 right now. Thanks for the luck :lovehug:
Reply 603
Original post by Mouse Potato

Hope the revision goes well! Kudos for waking up so early, I'm always completely zonked until about 10! D:

I was in school that time in class, and all we were doing was revision. Needless to say that I didn't really get anything done.
Reply 604
Original post by lethean girl
I know where you are too well. ; ; Consider yourself warmly hugged. Could I help at all? I have all night.

Thank you :jumphug: You too :hugs: Feeling slightly weird, really incredibly sad. How are you doing? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08batee
Thank you :jumphug: You too :hugs: Feeling slightly weird, really incredibly sad. How are you doing? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel oddly careless, oddly disconnected. It's starting to wear off, though, and be replaced with the usual edginess. Some of the other patients are beginning to kick off over having been caught trying to escape, and the empathy hurts. I kick off something awful when such things happen to me, so I can't help but feel their pain. At the same time, I feel awfully guilty, because, to some extent, my thoughts are, "oh, no, now I'll never get to sleep! I miss my soporific Zyprexa!".
Reply 606
I feel oddly careless, oddly disconnected. It's starting to wear off, though, and be replaced with the usual edginess. Some of the other patients are beginning to kick off over having been caught trying to escape, and the empathy hurts. I kick off something awful when such things happen to me, so I can't help but feel their pain. At the same time, I feel awfully guilty, because, to some extent, my thoughts are, "oh, no, now I'll never get to sleep! I miss my soporific Zyprexa!".

:hugs: You shouldn't feel guilty, at all :console: It sounds like you're going through an awfully tough time and not being able to sleep is awful. How long have you been in there, if you don't mind me asking? :console: I really hope things get better for you soon :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08batee
:hugs: You shouldn't feel guilty, at all :console: It sounds like you're going through an awfully tough time and not being able to sleep is awful. How long have you been in there, if you don't mind me asking? :console: I really hope things get better for you soon :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, thank you. (・ω・) I've been in eight months. Have you ever been in?
I can already feel that tonight is gonna be rough :cry2: I just need to block it all out and keep going till tomorrow and try and get some sleep! Barely got any sleep last night either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 609
Well, yesterday was not bad at all. When I was on a bus there was this girl with special needs that kept smiling at me and I smiled back at her :blush:. I did get the courage to talk to her but only managed as far as asking her name and where she was going. How **** was that?! :colondollar: :sad: Oh well. Then I went to that group where I usually go to on Tuesdays and had a great time. Went to the pub afterwards and had a little bit to drink :biggrin:.

But today was just ****. A class test in the morning that I was so tired for and only did half of. Then in the afternoon it was another lesson which dodn't go as bad as I thought. I was asked by someone to come and hang out with them (instead of the lesson) but as I was dropped off by my mum and she was still there when I was asked I didn't go with them :tongue:. A nap after coming home and now more time on the computer.

Something weird did happen yesterday. A girl that I hadn't spoken to in ages asked for my number and wanted to know how I was doing. I told her how I was struggling and she said I wasn't alone. Made me cry as well. And today I was just moaning at her about stuff :colondollar:. Not a very good idea lol. So many questions she asked I found hard to answer, such as why I'm not religious anymore and why I am drinking.

Tomorrow evening is what I'm looking forward to though. Some party event for people with learning disabilities :tongue:. Can't wait to have fun :biggrin:
Original post by -FireFlies-
I can already feel that tonight is gonna be rough :cry2: I just need to block it all out and keep going till tomorrow and try and get some sleep! Barely got any sleep last night either :frown: Posted from TSR Mobile
General hospitals are so bright and so noisy - hardly conducive to sleep! Have you considered asking the nurses for sleeping pills?
Does anyone else constantly wish they had a more 'normal' life? :frown: Literally every time I go on facebook I feel awful because everyone else has friends and hobbies and is successful and things. I don't know, probably a bit tired / hormonal but I just feel really upset this evening. :frown:
General hospitals are so bright and so noisy - hardly conducive to sleep! Have you considered asking the nurses for sleeping pills?

Indeed! All the machines beeping away.. It's petty hard to fall asleep half the time :rolleyes:

I have had drugs before to knock me out when I kicked off... May ask for something to make me sleep but I doubt they'll give me anything :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jargonglossary
I haven't. I've been thinking about it but I never looked into it. Do you reckon I should?

:yep:

Maybe it's just me but even simple things like being allowed to sit my uni exams in isolation (in a room by myself, rather than with everyone else in the scary exam hall) made a huge difference to my ability to do my Finals :colondollar:

Original post by Delain
Just had a call from my mum, my nan's taken a turn for the worse (she's in the hospital with pneumonia and her heart's giving out) and they don't think she'll last the week. I'm going up there on Friday if she hasn't passed on with my dad to see her. I feel like ****, she's the last grandparent I have left and I love her to bits. :frown:

Really sorry to hear that :frown:
Original post by superwolf

PRSOM! :smile: 15 minutes is definitely an achievement, well done hun! :party:
Reply 615
I can already feel that tonight is gonna be rough :cry2: I just need to block it all out and keep going till tomorrow and try and get some sleep! Barely got any sleep last night either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: I hope you're ok and manage to sleep soon.

Might be tomorrow before I manage to reply to your PM, have had several essays and a report to write and feeling pretty drained right now, but I'll reply when I can.
Indeed! All the machines beeping away.. It's petty hard to fall asleep half the time :rolleyes:

I have had drugs before to knock me out when I kicked off... May ask for something to make me sleep but I doubt they'll give me anything :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sigh... If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? It's much easier for adults to prise meds out of nurses' tight fists.
Original post by superwolf

:woo: Feel proud of that, it's definitely a good start.
Sigh... If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? It's much easier for adults to prise meds out of nurses' tight fists.

20 haha... I'm absolutely knackered and so want to sleep I just can't sleep! Stupid brain at times :rolleyes: doesn't help with a nurse coming in every so often to check up on me :facepalm:

Original post by asdfgah
:jumphug: I hope you're ok and manage to sleep soon.

Might be tomorrow before I manage to reply to your PM, have had several essays and a report to write and feeling pretty drained right now, but I'll reply when I can.

:hugs: I'm just tired tbh and cannot fall asleep for the life of me! Thinking about stuff and getting worried is not good at night haha.

It's no bother honestly! Just reply when you can.. Or you don't even need to :tongue: it's all good :smile: I hope your okay too :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
20 haha... I'm absolutely knackered and so want to sleep I just can't sleep! Stupid brain at times :rolleyes: doesn't help with a nurse coming in every so often to check up on me :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah - if they won't give you formal "sleeping pills" like zopiclone, you could try asking for a milder hypnotic like diphenhydramine. That's available OTC, so they'd really have no reason not to give it to you.

One thing I will miss about being at a low weight is how hard you're hit by pharmacology in terms of milligrams per kilogram. A little of something weak can knock you out completely, in the best sense of the phrase.

Latest