The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Adidas did a great little thing for Lampard the other day.

Watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjRpfz8-fdQ

Cheers, great watch :yy:
Good watch cannotbelieveit.

--

Rumours that Moutinho's linked with Monaco too :s-smilie:
Reply 2682
Jose does look like a bit of a broken man at the moment, not surprised considering how he is being treated. Madrid give far too much power to their captain, it was exactly the same with Raul. I hope he comes back here asap on a mission to prove everyone in Spain wrong. A lot of poisonous characters in Real's dressing room, I imagine Jose wanted to cut away those elements and move on with Real being the better for it, but obviously things haven't worked out that way.

Pity that Essien had to spend a year stuck in such a horrible environment.
Original post by mhsc
Jose does look like a bit of a broken man at the moment, not surprised considering how he is being treated. Madrid give far too much power to their captain, it was exactly the same with Raul. I hope he comes back here asap on a mission to prove everyone in Spain wrong. A lot of poisonous characters in Real's dressing room, I imagine Jose wanted to cut away those elements and move on with Real being the better for it, but obviously things haven't worked out that way.

Pity that Essien had to spend a year stuck in such a horrible environment.

I'd say we've been guilty of that ourselves when AVB was here and refusing to play Terry and Lampard. Although Mourinho is obviously a more adamant character than AVB and wouldn't fold to the pressure from the fans and media.

He's leaving Real in tatters tbh. Seems like a job invitation for Rafa :beard:
Reply 2684
Personally I backed AVB in his attempts to phase out older players, the reason he came under heat imo was more to do with the ultra high line being embarrassingly naive (and he just would not change it no matter how many times it embarrassed us :facepalm2:)
Reply 2685
Original post by The Assassin
hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng. Schmeichel-esque

cannot believe ozil missed that. really disappointed
Reply 2686
Original post by mhsc
Personally I backed AVB in his attempts to phase out older players, the reason he came under heat imo was more to do with the ultra high line being embarrassingly naive (and he just would not change it no matter how many times it embarrassed us :facepalm2:)

Yeah same here tbh. I didn't mind, but I was just annoyed with his tactics. Lampard plays but he's been phased out a little by benitez rotating, same thing goes for terry although he's been phased out much more and it's not really costed us that much.

Original post by Isometrix
I'd say we've been guilty of that ourselves when AVB was here and refusing to play Terry and Lampard. Although Mourinho is obviously a more adamant character than AVB and wouldn't fold to the pressure from the fans and media.

He's leaving Real in tatters tbh. Seems like a job invitation for Rafa :beard:

Personally think rafa will get and should get the madrid job.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2687
Moutinho. Well this reminds me of the pastore thing. He would have surely been an interesting signing for us.
Original post by ahmetk
cannot believe ozil missed that. really disappointed

Courtois saved it...............
Reply 2689
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Courtois saved it...............

i can't take anything away from the goalkeeper - it was an amazing save but Ozil (or any other world class player) should not miss from that distance.
Reply 2690
Original post by jam277
Yeah same here tbh. I didn't mind, but I was just annoyed with his tactics. Lampard plays but he's been phased out a little by benitez rotating, same thing goes for terry although he's been phased out much more and it's not really costed us that much.

Personally think rafa will get and should get the madrid job.

benitez is the man for real madrid. he's the one that can win them their tenth European cup.
Original post by ahmetk
i can't take anything away from the goalkeeper - it was an amazing save but Ozil (or any other world class player) should not miss from that distance.

tbh you wouldn't expect a save like that (and it doesnt count as a 'miss')
Original post by jam277

Moutinho. Well this reminds me of the pastore thing. He would have surely been an interesting signing for us.

Surely Abramovich can win this one though?! He's a fair bit richer than the owner of Monaco... one can only hope...

Edit: not sure what happen with the quotes here, lol.
Reply 2693
Original post by The Assassin
Surely Abramovich can win this one though?! He's a fair bit richer than the owner of Monaco... one can only hope...

Edit: not sure what happen with the quotes here, lol.

Fixed :lol:
Yeah, but we haven't even got a new manager yet before we can even talk about signings. :lol:
Original post by jam277
Fixed :lol:
Yeah, but we haven't even got a new manager yet before we can even talk about signings. :lol:

Tbf you guys don't need many players, reckon Lukaku, Ba, Torres would be a decent attack especially with Hazard, Mata and Oscar behind them who will be a season wiser in the PL, especially Hazard and Oscar who's first season in England it was. Luiz at DM looks decent, Lamps and Ramires there are pretty good and you could maybe do with another one for depth. Cahill, Ivanovic, Terry are decent CB's as a 3, Ivanovic is probably best of the 3 atm imo, you might buy one more, and Azpiluceuata (cannot spell that at all :lol:) is decent, reckon you might buy if somebody becomes available. However even with the squad you have now if Jose returns to PL i would definitely make you favourites for the league next year, especially with new managers at City and us with Moysey. Heck if Arsenal get a bit more consistent I can see them challenging even.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2695
Original post by cheetahs56
Tbf you guys don't need many players, reckon Lukaku, Ba, Torres would be a decent attack especially with Hazard, Mata and Oscar behind them who will be a season wiser in the PL, especially Hazard and Oscar who's first season in England it was. Luiz at DM looks decent, Lamps and Ramires there are pretty good and you could maybe do with another one for depth. Cahill, Ivanovic, Terry are decent CB's as a 3, Ivanovic is probably best of the 3 atm imo, you might buy one more, and Azpiluceuata (cannot spell that at all :lol:) is decent, reckon you might buy if somebody becomes available. However even with the squad you have now if Jose returns to PL i would definitely make you favourites for the league next year, especially with new managers at City and us with Moysey. Heck if Arsenal get a bit more consistent I can see them challenging even.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really liking how next season is panning out tbh. I always thought we'd be favourites for the league next year. I'm hoping that spurs put in a big challenge too but they lack the attacking depth. Seems like there's gonna be a breakaway between top 6 and the rest of the league. Liverpool will be about under the CL places like the tottenham team under jol or villa under O'neill.

Ramires isn't good enough to be a starter imo. (see what I say about him in the thread and you'll get what I mean) He seems to pop up with the important goal however, so he's a very weird guy. You can't bench him, and you can't start him.
Original post by jam277
I'm really liking how next season is panning out tbh. I always thought we'd be favourites for the league next year. I'm hoping that spurs put in a big challenge too but they lack the attacking depth. Seems like there's gonna be a breakaway between top 6 and the rest of the league. Liverpool will be about under the CL places like the tottenham team under jol or villa under O'neill.

Ramires isn't good enough to be a starter imo. (see what I say about him in the thread and you'll get what I mean) He seems to pop up with the important goal however, so he's a very weird guy. You can't bench him, and you can't start him.

Yeah i know what you mean, too inconsistent. The standard of the league has massively improved tbh, love how all of the teams are using fairly young players as well- you guys in Hazard, Oscar etc. And us with Jones, Rafael, Cleverley. Next season I can see you winning double, can't see any English clubs catching Bayern and I don't sense another group-stage exit for you guys:tongue: Although i would love it if Mourinho comes back and you guys **** over Madrid in CL final just so he can shut them up after the way they've treated him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Rami has been so overrated by fellow chelsea fans because of his Barca chip? Another thing I hear people say is that he has great stamina. Sure, he has great stamina, however I just don't think he's good enough to be starting ahead of Lampard, Luiz or Mikel. Not to mention, his rash challenges that he commits to far too often. Just me?
Original post by jam277

I don't think you'll win the title next year unless you bring in a top striker who fits into your system of play (not sure who that would be by the way). I think there have been times when I've seen, where you have looked like your struggling to finish attacking moves, maybe because of Torres. For me Ba doesn't necessarily solve that, Lukaka might. I cant remember the last time a team won the premiership without a real in form striker. I can't see Ba or Torres making the step up.
Original post by pessimist
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Rami has been so overrated by fellow chelsea fans because of his Barca chip? Another thing I hear people say is that he has great stamina. Sure, he has great stamina, however I just don't think he's good enough to be starting ahead of Lampard, Luiz or Mikel. Not to mention, his rash challenges that he commits to far too often. Just me?

No, it's not just you. A few of us have quite openly criticised him over the last few months. His ability as CM is extremely limited, and the one thing going for him is his stamina which is far better than most players on the team. Like you said, he's a walking yellow card, but additionally his crossing sucks, his long range shots suck, his ball retention sucks, and pretty much all other midfield attributes. He also has this strange belief that he can simply run through any line of defence unobstructed. He can be a very frustrating player to watch.

That said, his finishing can be quality sometimes. As you mentioned already with the Barca chip, but also the well taken goal on his left foot against Utd. And then there was this lovely goal worked goal against City:

[video="youtube;ZlSFivmemyw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlSFivmemyw[/video]

So I guess when his Brazilian flair kicks in, he's capable of producing some sweet goals. But he cannot be relied on as a starting midfielder for us.

Latest