The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emah123
How hard is it to get above 80% in this exam?! i mean what are the stats from last year like in terms of the percentage that got A/A*?

only the top 7% get the A* - would be no fun if there wasn't a challenge! :wink:
Reply 361
what grades have everyone got so far? any one else sit the pre release in January?
Reply 362
On 100% so far :smile: Fairly straightforward for me to get an A overall but somewhat harder to get the A*! What case studys are people doing for ecosystems?! I have Kinder scout, Batwa Pygmies, Troopers hill and need another!
Original post by kabutsu12
On 100% so far :smile: Fairly straightforward for me to get an A overall but somewhat harder to get the A*! What case studys are people doing for ecosystems?! I have Kinder scout, Batwa Pygmies, Troopers hill and need another!

We're doing North Yorkshire Moors but not for the 40 marker, for the 40 mark question we're using tectonics, not ecosystems. Anyone else doing the same?
Reply 364
Also, for ecosystems what biomes are people studying? Is it ok to do two (i.e. Serengeti and tropical rainforest)
Globalisation and Development has me a bit stumped- anyone who's doing this what case studies are you using, is it things like NAFTA, EU, etc?
Reply 366
is everyone just revising 3 topics? cos i'm revising all 4...
can someone please briefly and simply explain how ocean currents/circulation address global heat transfers?
also in my notes it says; the North Atlantic is warmer than the North Pacific, leading to higher rates of evap. and higher salinity and therefore denisty. Sinking of saltier, denser water drives the conveyor belt and cold currents feed into the Pacific where it mixes with warmer less dense water.
Whaaaaaat? it said the N Atlantic was warmer right before that! |:
Original post by kabutsu12
Also, for ecosystems what biomes are people studying? Is it ok to do two (i.e. Serengeti and tropical rainforest)
s

specification only says to study one - so I think its best to study one in depth :smile:! and the development issues associated with the potential for sustainability :smile: I'm doing tropical rainforests!
Who is doing world cities? how many case studies do you have? i have about 16 lol
Original post by ScottENGLAND
Who is doing world cities? how many case studies do you have? i have about 16 lol

Care to list the names of them? just curious which things i've missed :confused:
Reply 371
Original post by ScottENGLAND

about 16 give or take a few too :tongue: they're not all huge ones though
do we have to know about how jet streams and rossby waves occur?
can't find much detail in the text books.. :/
I think someone has gone on a negging spree....

what book is everyone using to revise???

edit: to illustrate my point*
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 374
QUESTION

Spec does not mention impacts of a tsunami so I presume we don't need to know them?
Original post by Axion
QUESTION

Spec does not mention impacts of a tsunami so I presume we don't need to know them?

yes, but the impact of seismic activity*** and tsunamis are related and useful :smile:!
Reply 376
Original post by Daniel George
yes, but the impact of seismic activity*** and tsunamis are related and useful :smile:!

Aight cheers, they might ask a 7,8 or 10 marker on tsunamis but can't see them asking a 25 marker on it considering ou don't need to know a case study

How many topics were you taught :?
Original post by Axion
Aight cheers, they might ask a 7,8 or 10 marker on tsunamis but can't see them asking a 25 marker on it considering ou don't need to know a case study

How many topics were you taught :?

they won't ask a 40 marker specifically I don't think :smile: fingers crossed!
Reply 378
Original post by Daniel George
they won't ask a 40 marker specifically I don't think :smile: fingers crossed!

Woops yeah didn't mean 25 lol. No change of a 40 marker. A nice one on comparing case studies would be brill (as usual!)
Reply 379
For the ecosystems section, I think they might ask about human activity/ sustainable management of a biome you have studied as neither of thoughs has came up yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending