The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Watched Eurovision to keep my mind off things.. but that's finished now :frown: and I'm back to square one :cry2: So not safe tonight :cry2:
Been feeling crap all day, didn't get up till 5pm. I've been worrying a lot all day, heart's been racing and i've been feeling really anxious. Managed to do a fair bit of work but im still feeling empty :|

Original post by Sabertooth
So I'm sitting in the park surrounded by people yet I'm totally alone I can't successfully talk to anyone why am I so bad at this :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure it's normal to be nervous and find it tough to talk to strangers, i know a lot of people (myself included) that struggle. Don't beat yourself up about it :hugs:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Meaty_man
Been feeling crap all day, didn't get up till 5pm. I've been worrying a lot all day, heart's been racing and i've been feeling really anxious. Managed to do a fair bit of work but im still feeling empty :|

Try to focus on the positives. Time cycles can be fixed, and if you didn't need to get up until 5pm, then you haven't lost anything by doing so. You have got a reasonable amount of work done which is good.

With worrying / heart racing / etc, have you considered beta-blockers?
Reply 863
Ability to feel good emotions disabled for the time being.

Just got back from the pub and spent 20 minutes lying on the grass staring at the stars trying to get the same sense of awe that I usually get when I think about how far away they all are and how moonlight is actually sunlight but got nothing.

Pub was full of loud drunk men who kept walking into me and being all loud and scary. :emo:
Reply 864
Original post by -FireFlies-
Watched Eurovision to keep my mind off things.. but that's finished now :frown: and I'm back to square one :cry2: So not safe tonight :cry2:

Watch this

http://youtu.be/c3l8oA0sBLM

That will put a smile of your face for real!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeyyy i love it when my brain refuses to switch off. looks like i wont be sleeping for a long time :s-smilie:
Original post by Nut.
Ability to feel good emotions disabled for the time being.

Just got back from the pub and spent 20 minutes lying on the grass staring at the stars trying to get the same sense of awe that I usually get when I think about how far away they all are and how moonlight is actually sunlight but got nothing.

Pub was full of loud drunk men who kept walking into me and being all loud and scary. :emo:

You are safe now though, yes? :hugs:

Sorry about how drunk men were in the pub
Reply 867
Original post by rmhumphries
You are safe now though, yes? :hugs:

Sorry about how drunk men were in the pub

Yeah am back inside now.

Thanks. Hopefully they'll all **** off home for the summer soon. :hugs:
Reply 868
Original post by PonchoKid
yeyyy i love it when my brain refuses to switch off. looks like i wont be sleeping for a long time :s-smilie:

Watch a movie I am, it helps all the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirHas
Watch a movie I am, it helps all the time

boyfriends watching dr who atm. ill be like this for the next few weeks unfortunately. yeyyy
Reply 870
Original post by PonchoKid
boyfriends watching dr who atm. ill be like this for the next few weeks unfortunately. yeyyy

Ohh I can't stand dr who, don't understand how people can find that interesting lol 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 871
I mansged 2hours sleep last night which made work this morning super fun. I got a text tjis afternoon fron s guy on my course basically asking how I was. I kinda slightly burst into tears went I read it which im thinking is a continuation of yesterday's 'no one cares' thing. I wrote out a reply s few minutes sgo but think I'll send it tomorrow since im pretty sure he hss normal sleeping patterns.

My parents come back from holiday tomorrow morning which im not looking forward to, given that my achievements since they leftvare basically im still alive and they're expecting me to have sorted my life out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My new flatmates are back :frown:
Reply 873
My new flatmates are back :frown:

Is that a bad thing? Do you not get along with them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 874
Original post by eddie4921
Me too omg i could sleep all day if i was allowed haha. My eyes are almost always tired too, you know like feel really heavy. Idk its just annoying :bawling:

Same. My body is always aching too which is even worse, I feel like an old man sometimes :sad:

Original post by Deyesy
Is it making you tired because it's messing up your sleep or is it just making you tired in general?

I think it is making me tired in general as my body is always aching.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirHas
Is that a bad thing? Do you not get along with them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a great thing. They are very 'normal' guys, as in muscly, and such.

I can't explain well here, but I don't particularly like them or want to live with them :frown:
Reply 876
Not a great thing. They are very 'normal' guys, as in muscly, and such.

I can't explain well here, but I don't particularly like them or want to live with them :frown:

Oh you can PM me or Skype if you want. Have you had a run in with them or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirHas
Oh you can PM me or Skype if you want. Have you had a run in with them or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, just heard them come back and that was enough to worry me ><
Reply 878
No, just heard them come back and that was enough to worry me ><

Ohh I see maybe try listening to music with your headphone, it works for me 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirHas
Ohh I see maybe try listening to music with your headphone, it works for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watching a TV show atm. Just looking forward to a couple of months from now, when going to be living with one of my best friends, and one of our friends.

Latest