The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ccashman
Hahaa ahh I bet it was. I'll just pray they give me the mark

Yeh they should if your answer is only 0.3W out because of rounding you should get the marks :smile: they probably have a range of values

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1382
Original post by benroxo
I think it was just 1 so I should be okay :biggrin: do you know if it mattered which of the two arrows coming off the right of the Feynman diagram was the positron and which was the neutrino?

I don't think it matters but if it does it should've been the positron top and the neutrino bottom.
Reply 1383
Original post by benroxo
I think it was just 1 so I should be okay :biggrin: do you know if it mattered which of the two arrows coming off the right of the Feynman diagram was the positron and which was the neutrino?

No, that doesn't matter.
Reply 1384
Original post by Khenir
I don't think it matters but if it does it should've been the positron top and the neutrino bottom.

I put it the other way, oops. Reckon the boundary for an A will definitely be below 60?
Original post by benroxo
I put it the other way, oops. Reckon the boundary for an A will definitely be below 60?

Grade boundary has got to be 56-57 out of 70 for an A.
Original post by benroxo

Yeh it should be its rarely if never been higher :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just realised that for some absurd reason I put one of my answers as a fraction (1/3), it wasn't a sig fig question, will I lose any marks?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by g.k.galloway
Just realised that for some absurd reason I put one of my answers as a fraction (1/3), it wasn't a sig fig question, will I lose any marks?

I think yes.. but maybe not if the examiner is not tooo strict!:redface:
Reply 1389
What range of marks out of /70 is normally an A? I think I have an idea of my mark but I need to know a round about grade... Stupid ISAs.
Reply 1390
For the two marker on the photoelectric effect, did it say that the frequency increased or decreased?
Original post by Abbseh
What range of marks out of /70 is normally an A? I think I have an idea of my mark but I need to know a round about grade... Stupid ISAs.

Normally it is 54-56 out of 70 for an A.:biggrin:
Reply 1392
Original post by StalkeR47
I got same.

It didn't ask about Y sensitivity though
Original post by Pataiiii
For the two marker on the photoelectric effect, did it say that the frequency increased or decreased?

Exactly mate! I am also unsure. But I think it said decreased.... Which simply means emitted electrons will have less kinetic energy.:rolleyes:

It said what happens when you reduce it :smile:

Reply 1395

one of decreased frequency with the same intensity.

the other was double the intensity with the same frequency.
Reply 1396
Original post by g.k.galloway

I don't think so.

The mark scheme says:
"All other numerical answers should not be considered in terms of significant figures."
"Numerical answers presented in non-standard form are undesirable but should not be penalised."
Reply 1397
How much marks do you think I'd lose if I didn't do to it right signifacnt figures even though it don't tell you to?
Original post by Qari
It didn't ask about Y sensitivity though

Actually I saw 16 in your answer and ignored the rest. I said change the time base until 16 division on the x-axis appears since 8 division was for 1 wave cycle. So I did not get same as you:tongue:
Reply 1399
Original post by Qari
How much marks do you think I'd lose if I didn't do to it right signifacnt figures even though it don't tell you to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending