The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1460
Question 7c was clearly 4 ohms
Original post by swagadon
i got the same as you, i dont think they care about the significant figures unless they tell you so

which question are you guys talking about please
Anyone remember how many marks there were for the question about changing the x/y gain on the oscilloscope?
Reply 1463
Original post by Felix Ivers
Anyone remember how many marks there were for the question about changing the x/y gain on the oscilloscope?

there were 3
Reply 1464
Original post by Goldn
Question 7c was clearly 4 ohms

Last one was 30000 ohms or 30 kilo ohms
Reply 1465
Original post by Goods
there were 3

I forgot to mention keep y the same only talked about x how much do you think i'll get?
Reply 1466
For the question on conservation of energy, what did everyone do, i added the powers, 50.4 i think i got and as p=IV, and current was 4.2, i divided 50.4/4.2, which gave me 12v, the amount which the cell was supplying, is this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1467
Original post by Qari
I forgot to mention keep y the same only talked about x how much do you think i'll get?

It definitely wouldn't cost you more than a mark, so i'd say 2 out of 3?
Original post by BayHarborButcher
That's what I put but I'm the only person I know that did :frown: It may reduce their energy but they're still being emitted surely? (Until it's below the threshold)

ive put the photons will have less energy, and therfore the electrons will have less kinetic energy
Reply 1469
Original post by zedd01
For the question on conservation of energy, what did everyone do, i added the powers, 50.4 i think i got and as p=IV, and current was 4.2, i divided 50.4/4.2, which gave me 12v, the amount which the cell was supplying, is this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did something like that, I added the others and I did 12*4.2
Reply 1470
ive put the photons will have less energy, and therfore the electrons will have less kinetic energy

I said the maximum kinetic energy of the photoelectrons decreases, but the number of photoelectrons emitted remains the same (as the intenstity remains the same).
Reply 1471

I've put lower frequency so less will be emitted due to less Ek
Original post by Qari
It does the kinetic energy would be lower

doubling the intensity means doubling the number of photons given out per meter squared,so as there are double the amount of photons( the photons frequency has not changed), there will be double the amount of photoelectrons emitted
Original post by zedd01

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I added the powers too and I got 50.4W. Then, I used P=I^2V and got 50.4 again. This showed that the energy transferred was conserved.
Reply 1474
Original post by BayHarborButcher
That's what I put but I'm the only person I know that did :frown: It may reduce their energy but they're still being emitted surely? (Until it's below the threshold)

The lower the frequency, the lower amount of kinetic energy each electron has until the frequency goes below the threshold frequency, where no electrons are then emitted, but the amount of electrons emitted remains the same. Check question 4a) on June 2009, it's a similar question but the opposite way (asking about an increase).
Reply 1475
Original post by Zakee
I said the maximum kinetic energy of the photoelectrons decreases, but the number of photoelectrons emitted remains the same (as the intenstity remains the same).

No but the ones deeper in the metal might not get emitted due to lower Ek
Original post by Qari

The question did not asked for what to keep same, but what to change. you should get 3/3.
Reply 1477
doubling the intensity means doubling the number of photons given out per meter squared,so as there are double the amount of photons( the photons frequency has not changed), there will be double the amount of photoelectrons emitted

I wrote increase first, but then realised they've said doubled, so I wrote number of emitted electrons will be double :smile:
Are you guys still talking about intensity and frequency?
Any worked solutions PDF ting up anywhere yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending