The Student Room Group

Official WJEC English Literature GCSE Exams - 20th and 23rd May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I was so happy Alfieri came up!! And Piggy!! Yessssss!!! I feel relieved!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Yay! November re-sits, here I come!
How did everyone find the A View from the Bridge and Christmas Carol?

I thought the extracts were good

but the Christmas Carol questions were surprising, seeing as June 2012 was VERY similar.
Reply 123
I think I did the view from the bridge section slightly better, I think it went alright! Hopefully I'll get my A* :erm:
Did the exam today with An Inspector Calls and Heroes (Higher). Would have been great had I not thrown away the new SPaG marks, meaning the paper was out of 68. Here are my predictions for the grade boundaries:

Higher:

A*- 59
A- 52
B- 45
C- 37
D- 31
E- 26

Foundation:

C- 54
D- 45
E- 35
F- 26
G- 19
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 125
Came out of English exam and asked my English teacher, "Lennie does die at the end of the book right?" My teacher sh*t himself. I was doing 'A View from the Bridge'
Reply 126
I think that went well. I seem to be the only person who did the terrifying LotF question. Anyone else out there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
How much percentage wise was A View from the Bridge and A christmas Carol worth?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ridl
Came out of English exam and asked my English teacher, "Lennie does die at the end of the book right?" My teacher sh*t himself. I was doing 'A View from the Bridge'

Oh no...
What was the choice of essay questions for Heroes?
whats SPag?

and I did the Piggy one, as it was easier to add some context in.

For A view from the bridge I did the one on relationship between Beatrice and Eddie as my teacher told us to avoid any actor one
Original post by emilialucy
whats SPag?

Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar.
Original post by ChrisMorris1234
Did the exam today with An Inspector Calls and Heroes (Higher). Would have been great had I not thrown away the new SPaG marks, meaning the paper was out of 68. Here are my predictions for the grade boundaries:

Higher:

A*- 59
A- 52
B- 45
C- 37
D- 32
E- 26

Foundation:

C- 54
D- 45
E- 35
F- 25
G- 19

Do you happen to remember the choices of essay questions for Heroes?
Original post by Hazwaz7
What was the choice of essay questions for Heroes?

Either: Francis thinks of himself as a 'fake' hero. What do you think of the way he is presented throughout the novel?

Or

'War has a lasting effect on everyone involved in it.' How does Robert Cormier present this in Heroes?

Can't remember the exact wording but close enough xD
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar.

well im screwed then :/
Original post by ChrisMorris1234
Either: Francis thinks of himself as a 'fake' hero. What do you think of the way he is presented throughout the novel?

Or

'War has a lasting effect on everyone involved in it.' How does Robert Cormier present this in Heroes?

Can't remember the exact wording but close enough xD

Thank you!
Reply 136
what did everyone think of the Inspector Calls and About A Boy questions?
Original post by emilialucy
well im screwed then :/

It'll be 8 marks in total, 4 for each essay.
Reply 138
Original post by merlynct

I did inspector , thought the questions were a bit strange ! I was very surprised so many people did the imagine you are mr birling ! I did the one about the inspector didn't think it was too bad
Original post by merlynct

Original post by Jlendon
I did inspector , thought the questions were a bit strange ! I was very surprised so many people did the imagine you are mr birling ! I did the one about the inspector didn't think it was too bad

I did both...

An Inspector Calls: Extract wasn't great, but it was okay... Essay I did the inspector too:smile:

About a Boy: extract was quite useless, and essay I did friendship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending