The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JenniS
its like my teacher says you can only get a C using the CGP guide. its best to use some extra stuff, but as long as you know everything that is on the specification you'll be fine. I just used the textbook last year and did well

Ok - just he says he spoke to an examiner who says you can't get anything above a B if you don't know stuff not on the spec.
Original post by wrnicholls
Ok - just he says he spoke to an examiner who says you can't get anything above a B if you don't know stuff not on the spec.

obviously it's good to research around but it doesn't mean you can't get a B+! as long as you know the book well, and practice the exam technique you could easily get an A - I'm just using the aqa textbooks :P I feel that is a rather a lot to know as it is!
Reply 582
really hope theres no question on waste management, its just boring
Original post by JenniS

I missed the lesson on that! What is it in a nut shell?...
Original post by Daniel George
obviously it's good to research around but it doesn't mean you can't get a B+! as long as you know the book well, and practice the exam technique you could easily get an A - I'm just using the aqa textbooks :P I feel that is a rather a lot to know as it is!

lol we did four topics so we can choose in the exam... death.
Reply 585
Original post by wrnicholls
I missed the lesson on that! What is it in a nut shell?...

just like positive and negatives on landfill, incineration, bit on recycling, couple of mini case studies/ examples of places managing waste
Original post by JenniS

Waste management is the best!

Edit: Negs for this, really?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 587
Does anyone have the Jan 2013 paper?
Reply 588
Original post by JenniS
its like my teacher says you can only get a C using the CGP guide. its best to use some extra stuff, but as long as you know everything that is on the specification you'll be fine. I just used the textbook last year and did well

Last year all I used was the cgp textbook and I got an A...

That's what I'm doing for this exam aswell, just use the cgp book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gary
Last year all I used was the cgp textbook and I got an A...

That's what I'm doing for this exam aswell, just use the cgp book

Posted from TSR Mobile

CGP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know what the 40 markers were in January? (as it is likely that those topics won't be repeated)
wow, ecosystems does my head in. what a bitch...

it's the whole human activity, sustainability and biodiversity stuff - it's basically (some) a reiteration of the tropical biome...

what case studies is everyone using for fragile environments? I'm using CACC and deep water horizon (which is terribly covered in the cruddy textbook that treats you like a GCSE student)

yeah, you can see my frustration*
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 592
Anyone who is doing weather, you know these Coleoptera beetles, I know their distribution at a cetain time indicates previous climates, but are their bodies dated using radiocarbon dating?
actually maybe they date the rocks the fossils are in? thats more likely?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JenniS
x

Jenny, in tectonics how do you revise case studies - I'm having trouble trying to remember all the facts? arghhh! I need help from a full mark student :wink:
Reply 594
Jenny, in tectonics how do you revise case studies - I'm having trouble trying to remember all the facts? arghhh! I need help from a full mark student :wink:

heard of Krammer cards? basically write the facts on little flip cards and go over and over them until the exam, repetition is how I have to learn it :tongue:
Original post by JenniS
heard of Krammer cards? basically write the facts on little flip cards and go over and over them until the exam, repetition is how I have to learn it :tongue:

have you got most of your case studies sorted now? it's only like two weeks :frown:
Reply 596
have you got most of your case studies sorted now? it's only like two weeks :frown:

no and I'm stressing, haven't quite finished my climate notes yet, then the repetition learning begins
Original post by JenniS
no and I'm stressing, haven't quite finished my climate notes yet, then the repetition learning begins

we can cram card together - I need an A in this exam...
Reply 598
we can cram card together - I need an A in this exam...

I need an A* and an A in my other 5 exams. Life is so fun right now....
Anybody any ideas what questions might come up for weather and climate, tectonics or world cities?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending