The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

on the verge of a breakdown/smashing up my printer/ throwing my laptop out of the window.

i give up, even technology doesnt want me to do anything.

just want to curl up in a ball and cry :cry2:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I dunno if I can do it anymore: they said it'll take 4 hours and cost between £350-450! :eek2: Thinking of getting it done without the writing, to see if it can be a bit smaller/more hidden, and thus less expensive :ninja:

Tattoo virgin solidarity ftw! :awesome:

Oh no :eek2: If you really want it you could get it done in sittings, I have friends who do that. I haven't had my consultation yet, going with someone to get tattooed so I can see what happens to make sure they don't touch me with the needle and I scream and jump a mile or something :tongue:
Original post by PonchoKid
on the verge of a breakdown/smashing up my printer/ throwing my laptop out of the window.

i give up, even technology doesnt want me to do anything.

just want to curl up in a ball and cry :cry2:

Printers can be annoying :mad: Can you email it ?
:cry2: back at the hospital now... Need to open this box :/.. I feel like it's finally the right time to. I'm going to be such a mess tonight :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Printers can be annoying :mad: Can you email it ?

my colour ink is pink (no matter what colour its meant to be) and my new black ink does exist :angry: iv got it on pen drive, but i was trying to save time and even more hassle trying to print it at placement!

Original post by -FireFlies-
:cry2: back at the hospital now... Need to open this box :/.. I feel like it's finally the right time to. I'm going to be such a mess tonight :/

glad your safe hun :hugs:
you can do it, ill be on skype if you need me :jumphug:
Original post by PonchoKid
my colour ink is pink (no matter what colour its meant to be) and my new black ink does exist :angry: iv got it on pen drive, but i was trying to save time and even more hassle trying to print it at placement!

That's annoying :frown: At least you've got it on memory stick!
Oh no :eek2: If you really want it you could get it done in sittings, I have friends who do that. I haven't had my consultation yet, going with someone to get tattooed so I can see what happens to make sure they don't touch me with the needle and I scream and jump a mile or something :tongue:

That's a good idea :beard: Although I have no friends who are getting tattoos - I'd be the first (and probs only!) in my friendship group :colondollar:
That's a good idea :beard: Although I have no friends who are getting tattoos - I'd be the first (and probs only!) in my friendship group :colondollar:

A few of mine are pretty heavily tattooed, so I have some experience at least through them! Where do you want to get it?
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Nah - I've been hiding away, still can't talk about how I am, and this thread moves far too fast. Would be good yes, alcohol is brilliant.

:console: just take baby steps - even talking about being unable to talk is still minor progress! And will PM you sometime. :yy:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
I stupidly saw my academic mentor before my meeting with my supervisor and won't see her again until after next week's supervision. I've been completely focused on programming (aiming to have it done before the end of this week) and now my supervisor has decided he wants a draft of my report in before next Tuesday. It's just really scattered me. The report exists but there's so much that needs expanding. My second marker thinks I'm brilliant and that my report so far is good (got a mark of 80% in my mid point viva) but my supervisor just terrifies me when he randomly throws out tasks to do. Just nervous that I won't be able to do it. He wants my viva presentation slides the week after too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: I think you need to talk to/email your supervisor and explain your circumstances and how they could better help you. Like if you could discuss deadlines and their feasibility before they're definitely decided. All these people are there to help you get this done, and if they're not helping you as well as they could then it's best for all of you if you tell them. :smile:

Original post by asdfgah
Exam went well this afternoon. Think I wrote three pretty solid essays. 21 pages of A4 :h: (and that was all actually to the point, no rambling required).

:five: Nicely done!

So I've been doing well recently :biggrin: This depressive episode is lifting and I don't feel so bad anymore and I have much less anxiety. AND my mental health team has finally got round to offering me an appointment soon :biggrin:

Glad to hear it. :smile:
Reply 1629
I feel so unbelievably broken

Posted from TSR Mobile

From someone who has been in an emotionally abusive/manipulative relationship and is also pretty damn relapsey (you can totally relapse on stuff like this :yes: ): PLEASE DON'T DO IT! :jumpghug: By all means write an email but just DON'T send it. You don't need people like that back in your life anymore :no:

It's just so hard :frown: It's been two years since we broke up and I still feel as if I need him in my life. Just don't know what to do :frown:

Also been out with my sister and her boyfriend for a little bit and it was great until he started to talk about one of his colleagues sister going into hospital for MH and SH issues and he was basically saying it was a phase and she was being a stupid teenager (him not knowing about me) and my sister and I were like... because I've been into hospital before and urgh it was just awful.
Today has just been getting worse and worse :'(
Original post by superwolf
:console: just take baby steps - even talking about being unable to talk is still minor progress! And will PM you sometime. :yy:

Well, I've spewed hot molten crazy over my best friend, and she's been supportive, but I'm still not comfortable telling anyone else, even my parents.
Reply 1632
Make sure you do. For British Asians, it's like watching your life played out on TV! :awesome:

A little taster of it for you. One of my fave scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkN9VdjgDwM

Ah OK! Good thinking on having a break through exams. Just give CBT your best go and do all the homework and everything. It really changed my life for the better :h:

Indeed :ahee:

Thanks! A very rare occasion, dw - I haven't changed completely overnight or anything :teehee:

Oh those! I've seen the Asian Top Gear one before :cool: :yep:

Yeah, the homework was why he wanted to have a break for the exams.

I could do with some of it though. Not leaving bed before 11am is not good at all :sad:

How are you today then? :smile: :hugs:
I dunno if I can do it anymore: they said it'll take 4 hours and cost between £350-450! :eek2: Thinking of getting it done without the writing, to see if it can be a bit smaller/more hidden, and thus less expensive :ninja:

Tattoo virgin solidarity ftw! :awesome:

I just got my first tattoo on Saturday. Was fun, and I love it. Been wanting it done for ages!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
I just got my first tattoo on Saturday. Was fun, and I love it. Been wanting it done for ages!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get?! I got my first on Wednesday (nearly a week now!)
Hi everyone
I
have a history of health anxiety and i'm having some trouble tonight.

I may need to go to my local A & E to calm my worries, i know it sounds silly but im stressing
Reply 1636
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone
I
have a history of health anxiety and i'm having some trouble tonight.

I may need to go to my local A & E to calm my worries, i know it sounds silly but im stressing

Sorry to hear that, it doesn't sound silly at all :console: Has this been triggered by something in particular? Is there someone in real life you can reach out to, or any coping mechanisms you can use?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08batee
Sorry to hear that, it doesn't sound silly at all :console: Has this been triggered by something in particular? Is there someone in real life you can reach out to, or any coping mechanisms you can use?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't think so. I'm normally okay but sometimes I just freak out for no apparent reason.
I finally got around to writing about my ex and now I'm really upset. Like, I'm not upset about ending it, no way. I don't know, just remembering what a horrible person he was... But on the other hand I'm doubting myself. What if I'm just making this all bigger than it is? I really don't know. What if he wasn't controlling? Maybe I'm wrong.

:cry:
Reply 1639
Original post by Aemiliana
I finally got around to writing about my ex and now I'm really upset. Like, I'm not upset about ending it, no way. I don't know, just remembering what a horrible person he was... But on the other hand I'm doubting myself. What if I'm just making this all bigger than it is? I really don't know. What if he wasn't controlling? Maybe I'm wrong.

:cry:

I assumed you had written it on your blog so took a look, seriously his comments about weight were utterly insensitive and controlling and so I can only imagine how else he was controlling.

Sounds like you made a good choice :yy:

Latest