The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by TodayForTomorrow
Hi guyyyys!

I'm Katy, 20, and starting an economics degree in september...not staying in halls though, which is a bit of a downer, i dont know many first years who dont stay in halls....any economics friends on here? :smile:

Are you travelling then? If so, where do you live? :smile:
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 201
Original post by Bieldside
They have informatiob about the first year reading material online.

http://www.stir.ac.uk/undergraduate-study/course-information/courses-a-to-z/school-of-natural-sciences/psychology/

The essential text for Year 1 of the course, is:
Psychology (8th edition 2010), £40.99, Gleitman, H., Gross, J., and Reisberg, D., W.W. Norton & Company Ltd. ISBN 978 0 393 11682 3

Please don't go spending vast amounts of money on textbooks that they say are 'compulsory'; you will need them rarely, and that's where the library comes in.
Hey guys!

I'm Scott, 17, and studying history starting in September. so far i haven't found anyone else doing history... I live pretty close to the uni already but i'll be staying in ASH :smile:
Original post by scottnesss
Hey guys!

I'm Scott, 17, and studying history starting in September. so far i haven't found anyone else doing history... I live pretty close to the uni already but i'll be staying in ASH :smile:

Hey! I'm Emma also 17 and also studying History in September! I'll be staying in Willow Court. :smile:
Anyone doing management in September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emrobertson1
Hey! I'm Emma also 17 and also studying History in September! I'll be staying in Willow Court. :smile:

Finally! someone else doing history haha :biggrin:
Hey guys!

I'm doing history too, and staying in ASH :smile:
Hey guys!

I'm studying history too :smile: Along with sociology and professional teaching :smile:
Finally! someone else doing history haha :biggrin:

Yehp! What other subjects are you taking in the first year? :smile:
i'm not sure yet :frown: i was thinking english but apart from that i have no idea :P
i'm not sure yet :frown: i was thinking english but apart from that i have no idea :P

Aw theres plenty of time yet to decide :smile: Im taking Spanish and Philosophy as my other subjects.
Quick question, so we move into our accommodation on the 7/8th September but the term times on the website say teaching starts on the 9th. Please tell me that's a mistake, that's barely time to move in and do we not get some sort of freshers week?
Hi I'm Amy,
Scottish (Glasgow)
Studying sports studies BA
AKD halls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 213
Original post by shopgirl1818
Quick question, so we move into our accommodation on the 7/8th September but the term times on the website say teaching starts on the 9th. Please tell me that's a mistake, that's barely time to move in and do we not get some sort of freshers week?

Hey, I'm a current first-year.

When I moved in last year, teaching didn't start until the Wednesday, but I think it does start on the Monday this year. I wouldn't worry about it though - seminars don't start until the second or third week of term, and all the lectures in the first week will only be introductory ones, so it won't really matter if you miss them. They'll likely get put up on Succeed for you to listen to anyway.
Reply 214
Hey guys!

Hey Scott

I'm a current first-year, studying history and politics. If you've got any questions about history, don't hesitate to ask!
Reply 215
Hi, I'm Cornelia!
I will be 21 in the fall and I'll be studying psychology and living in Polwarth House (dunno if that's good or bad, but I have a home, wiie :biggrin:).
And I'm from Sweden!
Original post by Gredditt
Hi, I'm Cornelia!
I will be 21 in the fall and I'll be studying psychology and living in Polwarth House (dunno if that's good or bad, but I have a home, wiie :biggrin:).
And I'm from Sweden!

Hi, I'm hannah and am and will still be 19 in September :smile: in doing psychology too! Living in Fraser though. Are you excited yet? :smile:
Reply 217
Original post by shopgirl1818
Hi, I'm hannah and am and will still be 19 in September :smile: in doing psychology too! Living in Fraser though. Are you excited yet? :smile:

Yeah! Really excited, and nervous! :biggrin: A whole new country and all! You're from UK? :smile:
Reply 218
Hey guys!

Im studying history too:smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alwing
English Studies :smile: I'm so excited to start!

Sorry to intrude but I see you are studying English Studies! Me too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest