The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6BIO2 ~ 3rd June 2013 ~ AS Biology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
if you took the exam in Jan, and you're retaking in June, then it probably won't affect your June result, just aim for an A in this exam and you should be fine

nah, i didnt take it in Jan....i still didn't solve the jan paper...so i ll make it as an exam for myself on 2nd june....did u get my point?
Original post by Daniel Atieh
nah, i didnt take it in Jan....i still didn't solve the jan paper...so i ll make it as an exam for myself on 2nd june....did u get my point?

Are you trying to say you are doing the january 2013 paper as a mock to do on 2nd june?
Original post by georgiaxx
Does anyone know what point 16 means on the specification?

The importance of peer reviews, critical peer reviews, and the process of peer reviews, what happens during it and why? Why do it?

Original post by Rickrossmmg
So what would you say is the best way to get an A in this

make sure you actually understand your stuff, and practice are the 2 key ways to success. Other than that, learn how you should go about answering different question types.. CoolRunner posted a post a few pages back expaining it perfectly

I'd say the 2nd is too close to the real thing. Do it tomorrow, so if there's stuff you need to cover, you still have 3 days to get it done..
Original post by CoolRunner
Are you trying to say you are doing the january 2013 paper as a mock to do on 2nd june?

hahah exactly! good idea?
btw they may ask us difference between gene pool and genotype...any answers
can anyone explain me the diagram question of gametes crossing over in

Q.4.(a) of ​June 2010

I hope this answers your question :smile:

Original post by anonymouspie227
I think, it's because the point where the DNA starts to increase is apprx 6.25 hours. The point where it stops is 10, the difference us 3.75... Hence the range for the answers.

Original post by Rubyturner94
sorry mean the y axis
it starts rising from 7.5, this is when dna replication has started and finishes at 10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much guys :smile:
Reply 666
CoolRunner I got that question for tRNA vs mRNA correct because it was repeated exactly in my "loads of questions" word document....and u remember that question i sent u about natural selection is also from it! so how do u want me to send it to u...its toooooooooooooo large to post it here

Wll you please send it to me! I sent you my email :smile:
Original post by Nowshin Khan

Q.4.(a) of ​June 2010

I didn't get that myself. it was a stupid question
This is probably the best advice actually

(and you :colondollar:)

Nope

what sort of points are you looking for?

I learnt it just in case because a question has come up which requires you to know the structure, but it's not an important part of the syllabus if it's even in there. M

I know the xylem don't have end walls, they're continuous and they have pits, but I thought that the sclerenchyma tissure did have end cell walls

That's what I was led to believe

Spoiler

anyone want to try the questions as well? quote me your answers and I'll mark it for you

unfortunately, we do, but not too much, just differences, similarities and why 2 domains are more distantly related than any other

what are the similarities and differences between them? i know bacteria and eukaryota, but not anything about archaea :frown:
and about the 5 kingdoms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
what are the similarities and differences between them? i know bacteria and eukaryota, but not anything about archaea :frown:
and about the 5 kingdoms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're supposed to know that the archaea have a unique common ancestor with eukaryota, as shown in the phylogenetic tree on page 163 of the orange snab textbook. They'd usually give us information in the question as well since we don't need to know much as its hardly on the spec

Definitely learn the 5 kingdoms if you can, if not, then learn the easiest eg anamalia, plantae, prokaryotae and fungi.. the other is protocista

Q.4.(a) of ​June 2010

plz
help me!!!
I think you're supposed to know that the archaea have a unique common ancestor with eukaryota, as shown in the phylogenetic tree on page 163 of the orange snab textbook. They'd usually give us information in the question as well since we don't need to know much as its hardly on the spec

Definitely learn the 5 kingdoms if you can, if not, then learn the easiest eg anamalia, plantae, prokaryotae and fungi.. the other is protocista

do we have to learn the characteristics of the kingdoms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Q.4.(a) of ​June 2010

plz
help me!!!

Q.4.(a) of ​June 2010

plz
help me!!!

I've got to say I actually didn't understand that question, so I wouldn't be able to explain it.. I got it wrong when I did it

do we have to learn the characteristics of the kingdoms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's not in the spec but I can see them putting it in.. maybe the simple specs such as multi/single cellular etc
I've got to say I actually didn't understand that question, so I wouldn't be able to explain it.. I got it wrong when I did it

it's not in the spec but I can see them putting it in.. maybe the simple specs such as multi/single cellular etc

ive got so much to learn :frown: left biology quite late :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah doing my head in!

q.jpg
I said:

1) Pits are found in the xylem cells
2) Allow lateral movement of water between cells

But the markscheme says:

A description to include two from:
1. pits contain plasmodesmata / pass through pits
2. (plasmodesmata) are strands of cytoplasm (which connect plant cells)
3. pits are holes through (cell) walls / thinning of wall / eq {Accept thinning of wall / eq]
4. {plasmodesmata / pits} allow [ / named appropriate substance} to pass between (plant) cells / eq;

Where did plasmodesmata come in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll do well :smile: you know your stuff,

try not to stress :smile:

Keep re-assuring yourself
Ah doing my head in!

q.jpg
I said:

But the markscheme says:

3. pits are holes through (cell) walls / thinning of wall / eq {Accept thinning of wall / eq]
4. {plasmodesmata / pits} allow [ / named appropriate substance} to pass between (plant) cells / eq;

Pits are like plasmodesmata arent they? except theu are really thin and dont actually fully pass through both sides of adjacent cells :L

what a confusing ms answer :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

you're not alone :frown: don't worry though, there's still time to get the essential stuff down

Ah doing my head in!

q.jpg
I said:

But the markscheme says:

that's not an edexcel paper is it?
pit's don't contain plasmodesmata do they? if anything, plasmodesma contain pits..

I would have said areas of reduced cell walls, which are arranged in pairs between adjacent cells..
you're not alone :frown: don't worry though, there's still time to get the essential stuff down

that's not an edexcel paper is it?
pit's don't contain plasmodesmata do they? if anything, plasmodesma contain pits..

I would have said areas of reduced cell walls, which are arranged in pairs between adjacent cells..

I'm afraid it is (a really old paper)

http://intranet.wellingtoncollege.org.uk/resource.aspx?id=68553

Go to question 3.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending