The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

SHOWERED :biggrin: oh yeah i'm over proud about that one.
One of my friends can't make it but I am not really that bothered so that's kinda good too.
...But... I just got a phone call from the GP about my meds. Apparently they aren't allowed to perscribe what I was given before so i'll have to take a slightly different med. The dose is twice as much and the change will happen like the day of my exam. Not good. I can talk to the doc I got them from before and get the same but that'll cost me money. Things just got really confusing. I may make the change cos then i'll at least have a better case for screwing up my exams but that's just stupid isn't it?
I've got long term, short term, physical, mental, economic and gerneral effort pros and cons to weigh up. It sounds like such a simple decision but it's actually so complicated. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
One of my friends can't make it but I am not really that bothered so that's kinda good too.
...But... I just got a phone call from the GP about my meds. Apparently they aren't allowed to perscribe what I was given before so i'll have to take a slightly different med. The dose is twice as much and the change will happen like the day of my exam. Not good. I can talk to the doc I got them from before and get the same but that'll cost me money. Things just got really confusing. I may make the change cos then i'll at least have a better case for screwing up my exams but that's just stupid isn't it?
I've got long term, short term, physical, mental, economic and gerneral effort pros and cons to weigh up. It sounds like such a simple decision but it's actually so complicated. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why can't they give you what you were given before? Seems like an unnecessarily complicate thing they're doing :s If you change ask for a note to be put with your exam
Original post by IDukem
:hugs:

Play the air guitar and sing in the shower or something :biggrin:

:hugs: hahaha I cannae sing to save my life :redface:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Why can't they give you what you were given before? Seems like an unnecessarily complicate thing they're doing :s If you change ask for a note to be put with your exam

I went private to start with cos otherwise it would've taken 2 months just to be seen. This is my first perscription from my normal practice and they aren't allowed to give it cos it's too expensive or something.
I already have a note for special consideration but how i'm feeling that just ain't gunna cover it. If I start a new med and i'm all over the place with side effects and throwing up like last time i'll have a decent excuse to not take the exam and get the grade I would have if it weren't for this damn episode. I know I absolutely deserve my target grades cos that's the level i've been working at all year but I can't focus at all at the moment so I may not be able to do as well as I should. I'll only get up to 2% added for special concideration but if I miss the exam for a decent reason i'll probably get my predicted grades given. I just don't think that's really moraly right. I'm not going to do as well as I should because of this episode but I feel like that would be playing the system (and i'm not even sure it would work) so I don't want to do it although it'll give me the grades I deserve. :s-smilie: so conflicted. Hopefully if I give it a few hours i'll be able to sort it out better. No use making a rash decision on the spot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
I went private to start with cos otherwise it would've taken 2 months just to be seen. This is my first perscription from my normal practice and they aren't allowed to give it cos it's too expensive or something.
I already have a note for special consideration but how i'm feeling that just ain't gunna cover it. If I start a new med and i'm all over the place with side effects and throwing up like last time i'll have a decent excuse to not take the exam and get the grade I would have if it weren't for this damn episode. I know I absolutely deserve my target grades cos that's the level i've been working at all year but I can't focus at all at the moment so I may not be able to do as well as I should. I'll only get up to 2% added for special concideration but if I miss the exam for a decent reason i'll probably get my predicted grades given. I just don't think that's really moraly right. I'm not going to do as well as I should because of this episode but I feel like that would be playing the system (and i'm not even sure it would work) so I don't want to do it although it'll give me the grades I deserve. :s-smilie: so conflicted. Hopefully if I give it a few hours i'll be able to sort it out better. No use making a rash decision on the spot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The waiting lists are a joke, I'm still waiting.

That's ridiculous, try seeing a different GP? Sometimes certain GPs are more...likely to listen than others. I have tramadol on prescription for endometriosis, and I had one GP basically laugh t me and tell me there was nothing they could give me for 'period pain' and to just get on with it, so I went to a different one who prescribed me tramadol and was understanding. Don't know if this will work with you but it's worth a shot.

I get what you mean, I have a friend who couldn't sit her exams because of an illness and she got her preicteds. It seems really unfair if you don't get what you deserve. I wouldn't say it's not morally right, I mean you've done the work, it's the system that's ****ed up. I hope you can decide what's best for you :hugs:

That's ridiculous, try seeing a different GP? Sometimes certain GPs are more...likely to listen than others. I have tramadol on prescription for endometriosis, and I had one GP basically laugh t me and tell me there was nothing they could give me for 'period pain' and to just get on with it, so I went to a different one who prescribed me tramadol and was understanding. Don't know if this will work with you but it's worth a shot.

I get what you mean, I have a friend who couldn't sit her exams because of an illness and she got her preicteds. It seems really unfair if you don't get what you deserve. I wouldn't say it's not morally right, I mean you've done the work, it's the system that's ****ed up. I hope you can decide what's best for you :hugs:

Thanks. I think it's my entire surgery doesn't have permission to give it though so that may not work.

Thanks for the support :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
Thanks. I think it's my entire surgery doesn't have permission to give it though so that may not work.

Thanks for the support :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it is that sucks! Hopefully you can get something worked out. You can always PM me if you want to talk :jumphug:
Why am I so rubbish that simple stuff is impossible for me right now :frown: Everything is just such a mission :/ yesterday I increased my anti-depressants dose so hoping it is actually going to have some kind of positive effect now.... next psychiatrist appointment is in a week and a bit... if I can actually go that long without losing my marbles... yesterday had something I've never experienced before it was like I was high I guess... not that I'd actually know because I've never taken drugs but that is my best description... wasn't a pleasant "high" either... kind of like I was floating away but my mind was trying to hold on to my body and bring me back down? so kind of being pulled in 2 directions physically and mentally? I dunno.. mind fuzz
finished placement :woo:
but ended up getting on the wrong bus and having to walk home :frown: now done my back and knee in with no money to go back to placement later :sad:

just need a cuddle and to see my mummy!

:hugs: for everyone
Original post by Kindred

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remember that you have a say in this - would it be better to wat until after your exam in case you get quite bad side effects? Might be something to consider? :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what was it that they weren't allowed to prescribe?

That's really bad! :eek: There are NSAIDs specifically for period pain... Also, Endometriosis is a bit more than "just period pain..." Thankfully my GP's been great with helping me find a way to make my periods a bit better.

Original post by ANONYM00SE
Why am I so rubbish that simple stuff is impossible for me right now :frown: Everything is just such a mission :/ yesterday I increased my anti-depressants dose so hoping it is actually going to have some kind of positive effect now.... next psychiatrist appointment is in a week and a bit... if I can actually go that long without losing my marbles... yesterday had something I've never experienced before it was like I was high I guess... not that I'd actually know because I've never taken drugs but that is my best description... wasn't a pleasant "high" either... kind of like I was floating away but my mind was trying to hold on to my body and bring me back down? so kind of being pulled in 2 directions physically and mentally? I dunno.. mind fuzz

:jumphug:
Original post by Anonymous
Remember that you have a say in this - would it be better to wat until after your exam in case you get quite bad side effects? Might be something to consider? :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what was it that they weren't allowed to prescribe?

That's really bad! :eek: There are NSAIDs specifically for period pain... Also, Endometriosis is a bit more than "just period pain..." Thankfully my GP's been great with helping me find a way to make my periods a bit better.

R

I can't take NSAIDS they make me wheezy. Luckily I have a much better GP than that one though so it's fine, some people have no idea how bad it can be

I consulted my private doc and he said it should be fine so I'm going to make the change ASAP. Thanks for the advice :smile:
No I don't mind at all. It was Cipralex (eciatalopram).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
I consulted my private doc and he said it should be fine so I'm going to make the change ASAP. Thanks for the advice :smile:
No I don't mind at all. It was Cipralex (eciatalopram).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah OK. What's it being changed to?
Reply 1854
Feeling really overwhelmed and smothered. Really want all the people who are trying to help me to just leave me alone for a bit. :cry2:
Ah OK. What's it being changed to?

Citalopram I think.
Reply 1856
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You're really too hard on yourself about over-attachment, especially with a therapist. It's VERY common in therapy to attach to the therapist and it's up to the therapist to address it gently but firmly and set boundary lines that are clear and safe and comfortable for both parties. Look at the Wikipedia article on transference, if you haven't already: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transference

I guess so. Just abit bleh about the chances of it happening and not even being aware of it and at the time even thinking what I was doing was completely fine. I don't know. Just going to have to make a concerted effort to make sure I don't attach to anyone and make sure I keep my distance with people. I evidently can't be trusted with boundaries.
Saw my study coach today. Every time I talk about my dissertation I just end up crying. All my instincts are telling me I need to push myself further to do work on it, but my study coach wants me not to do that, and only do work when I genuinely want to. If I do what I think then I might get more work done, but my mental health will suffer, leading to lower quality work. But if I do what he thinks then I don't see how I'll get it done ever. :s-smilie:
Original post by Kindred
Citalopram I think.

I'm on that, I've actually got on with it quite well. I've hated every other thing I've ever taken and with this found I had hardly any side effects, other than a bit of anxiety and the burning. They gave me diazepam to help get over the initial part, maybe that's something you could ask about!
Reply 1859
Original post by superwolf
Saw my study coach today. Every time I talk about my dissertation I just end up crying. All my instincts are telling me I need to push myself further to do work on it, but my study coach wants me not to do that, and only do work when I genuinely want to. If I do what I think then I might get more work done, but my mental health will suffer, leading to lower quality work. But if I do what he thinks then I don't see how I'll get it done ever. :s-smilie:

You have anyone you could talk to about your dissertation (in a semi-academic way)? I don't mean like a tutor or someone you'd be kind of trying to impress, just maybe a friend who is interested in what you are writing your dissertation on?

I wonder if your study coach's point is that if you take some of the pressure off yourself, you might start to want to do it. I know when I'm feeling really pressured to do something it just makes me want to do it less and less. Maybe having a chat with an interested person about your dissertation subject could help spark your own interest a bit? :hugs:

Latest