The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by liabhimani
does anyone happen to know what the 10 mark jan 13 was for tectonics?

0 3 With reference to examples, discuss the ways in which the nature of volcanic hazards
can vary. (10 marks)
:smile:
Reply 1441
Original post by JLXP
I'm looking at 56 marks to get an A overall, apparently. Fingers crosssed that shouldn't be too difficult.
thanks for that.

That's exactly what I'm aiming for as well but maybe a bit higher so I can drop more marks on geog4b :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by razza41
0 3 With reference to examples, discuss the ways in which the nature of volcanic hazards
can vary. (10 marks)
:smile:

thanks so much you're a miracle!! :P really hoping volcanoes doesn't come up!
Reply 1443
Original post by liabhimani
thanks so much you're a miracle!! :P really hoping volcanoes doesn't come up!

no worries haha :smile:
Reply 1444
Are the grade boundries always low in Geog 3? We did the Jan 2013 paper in class and alot of the class got A*'s, I think it was 70% for an A*
Reply 1445
Original post by dawg
Are the grade boundries always low in Geog 3? We did the Jan 2013 paper in class and alot of the class got A*'s, I think it was 70% for an A*

yehhh its quite low, average mark to get an A is 56/90 which is roughly 62%, so if you think about it, it really shouldn't be that hard to get an A theoretically :P
Does anybody have a good link that they used for urbanisation in mumbai that explains its effects as well? Also, what case study are people using for their MDC urbanisation city?
I need 107 Ums for an A, impossible!?!?!!
Original post by Khushaali
I need 107 Ums for an A, impossible!?!?!!

you can do it! :smile:
Reply 1449
Has anybody got a link to a good case study for city centre retail redevelopment please?

I've got the Trafford Centre for the out of town but i have a feeling retailing will come up on the World Cities 40 mark essay.

Thanks,
Reply 1450
Original post by emah123
do you guys think 2 days cramming is enough to memorize all the casestudies for 3 topics? ive made my notes but cant recall all the facts instantly :frown:

also is it enough to do all past paper questions?
Reply 1451
Original post by dawg
Has anybody got a link to a good case study for city centre retail redevelopment please?

I've got the Trafford Centre for the out of town but i have a feeling retailing will come up on the World Cities 40 mark essay.

Thanks,

oh no! i hate this topic so much!!! what kind of stuff do you need to talk about in this type of question?
Reply 1452
Quick question guys! In the development and globalisation topic, are there different types of trade that we need to know? It says in the specification about trade vs aid so I'm really not sure now and I'm stressing outtttt
Reply 1453
Original post by emah123
oh no! i hate this topic so much!!! what kind of stuff do you need to talk about in this type of question?

Yeah same here, ermm just about an example of a city's attempt to redevelop it's CBD to try and compete with out of town retailing.
Reply 1454
Original post by rc22
Quick question guys! In the development and globalisation topic, are there different types of trade that we need to know? It says in the specification about trade vs aid so I'm really not sure now and I'm stressing outtttt

I personally haven't got any specific types of trade, just aid (e.g top-down aid, bottom-up etc).

Although I don't think it'll come up on the 7, 8 or ten markers as it came up in the Jan 2013 paper.
Reply 1455
Please say plate tectonics theory isn't going to come up as a question, I cannot get my head around the evidence and also vulcanicity just blags my head, I hope the 25 marker is more focused on seismicity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dawg

Thanks,

We learnt Touch Wood in Solihull, but that was because we did Merry Hill as our out of town centre. It's probably best if you do a city centre near to Trafford Centre, I know in the CGP it has a page about how Manchester has redeveloped, but I don't have it to hand, sorry.
I feel really sorry for anyone who has 4 topics. We're doing three and there are enough case studies as it is!
everyone seems to use the cgp book? is that the revision guide or? I have it and have been using it for bits! probably better than the textbook haha!
Original post by Daniel George
everyone seems to use the cgp book? is that the revision guide or? I have it and have been using it for bits! probably better than the textbook haha!

I'm using CGP for weather mostly as I find it most difficult and complex! World cities I am using both cgp and textbook then mainly textbook for tectonics as I am planning to do essay on it and need as much detail as I can get!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending