The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6BIO2 ~ 3rd June 2013 ~ AS Biology

Scroll to see replies

Anyone has the examiner's reports for 2013 Bio?
Reply 1361
Original post by Branny101
Can it be cross-sectional?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd draw a cross section. A circle with gaps indicating pores and then a dense splodge in the middle for a nucleolus.
Do we have to know about tumours, metasis and melignants in cancers?
Reply 1363
best to have the pores drawn around the circumference
Reply 1364
Original post by CoolRunner
My point is that the question is only 3 marks and this is AS Level. We are not meant to go into details of such processes, This is evidently shown in the markscheme.

Putting that aside, I agree with your statement, however its not needed in a question such as this and doing so would ultimately waste time.

yea...agreed!!!:smile:
Good luck for tomorrow
Original post by Agdsten
I'd draw a cross section. A circle with gaps indicating pores and then a dense splodge in the middle for a nucleolus.

Coool:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we use a control in practicals to ensure reliability or validity?
Reply 1367
Are umbilical cord and placenta stem cells pluripotent or multipotent??
Original post by Fuzzy
yea...agreed!!!:smile:
Good luck for tomorrow

Yup, Hope we all smash this exam! :h:
Original post by Fuzzy

Pluripotent :smile:
Original post by Fuzzy

Pluripotent. Multipotent are adult stems cells.
Original post by Kurraiyo

Every experiement has a control apart from the tensile strength experiment and the observing mitosis one.
Original post by kevsamuel
Do we have to know about tumours, metasis and melignants in cancers?

yes :smile: there were questions that came out in the SNAB papers about how tumours are formed.
Much obliged chocip :biggrin:

However, have you got any past paper questions on polygenic inhertiance, including the ones with the punnett squares?

This is from the June 2010 paper, I haven't been able to find any others though so I'm guessing most questions would be like this if they came up:

Untitled.png
Untitled2.png
Untitled3.png

And the mark scheme:

Spoiler

Please can someone help me with the totipotency and tissue culture experiment? Why do the explants continue to grow even though they are covered by a lid/cling film? Thanks :smile:
Every experiement has a control apart from the tensile strength experiment and the observing mitosis one.

What's the control for plant tissue culture? (demonstrating totipotency) And I meant is it used to make sure the results are reliable, or to make sure the results are valid? Thanks :smile:
can someone please tell me where to get the 2013 jan bio edexcel unit 2 paper from? thank you!
Original post by Kurraiyo

Validity........to be specific-We use controls to draw valid conclusions or to make valid comparisons.
Original post by Rubyturner94
the digestive enzyme break down and digest the style and surrounding tissue, it digests the middle lamella(region between the cell wall) so that it is easier for the pollen tube to grow and it reduces resistance. the tissues digested/hydrolysed are used as nutrients and energy so that the pollen tube can grow...
hope that helps :smile:

thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending