The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

My brother has decided to work from home from now on because he doesn't trust my dad.. Which I suppose is good but then I feel so guilty knowing that it's all my fault :frown:

I dunno I feel bad now :frown: all my fault :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cannot stop worrying today.
Got an exam on Tuesday I feel okayish about and then one of Thursday I am dreading.
I really need to do more revision for Tuesday but I have so much to do before Thursday. Lit exam that is closed book, studied two selections of poems that add up to about 50 poems and a play, all of which I need be able to quote confidently from, as well as critics quotes. I know the play super well and can quote that easily but with the poetry... One selection I am confidentish with but the other selection I can only even remember the names of about half the poems let alone what happens in them. I'm really freaking out because I just can't seem to learn these quotes and I'm so stressed about this exam and I just HAVE to do well so that I can escape from around here and all the triggers and all the memories and just go to uni. Just don't know what to do I've worked myself into such a state about it that there's barely any point trying. I will fail this exam if I go into it with one selection this poorly failed. I ****ing hate this I don't know what to do and I keep wanting to talk to mum about the possibility of me throwing this year and having to put off uni for a year but I've been putting it off because she's going to flip out at me and think I'm a failure and now I know I HAVE to talk to her because right now I am gonna fail this exam but I can't because she's on holiday and just **** **** ****. I am about to break under the pressure and I am about to lose control.
I'm so worried sick about my dissertation. Thinking of triggering my automatic ten days deadline postponement but I'm nervous about doing that because it pushes my viva into a bad time for my supervisor and second marker. I'm just really struggling to think and I don't want to disappoint anyone.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I'm so worried sick about my dissertation. Thinking of triggering my automatic ten days deadline postponement but I'm nervous about doing that because it pushes my viva into a bad time for my supervisor and second marker. I'm just really struggling to think and I don't want to disappoint anyone.

You need to do what is best for you. If things are difficult for your markers 10 days later, then perhaps talk to them about sorting a longer extension, or sorting it so it is good for all of you, but you are the most important person to cater for - don't forget that.
and yet again Poncho is in the bad books with my cashflow issues, even though i havent paid for tea :facepalm:
cant wait to move out of this house and not be question about where i got my money from or how i paid for some food!
havent posted in a while - somehow got logged out, and never got round to logging back in :colondollar:

EDish

Spoiler

Original post by Kindred
I guess they'll never be able to reveal his real name cos whatever they make it it will be a disapointment since our brains won't explode :tongue:
In the last episode some bloke showed up and it said "introducing ---- as the doctor" so I assume he's the new doctor. It was really confusing but I think it will be explained in the aniversary episode :smile:
Good. Hope you enjoy it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose so :L Yeah I watched that bit... did not understand that at all :s-smilie: I need to watch from the xmas episode onwards :rolleyes:
Original post by -FireFlies-
My brother has decided to work from home from now on because he doesn't trust my dad.. Which I suppose is good but then I feel so guilty knowing that it's all my fault :frown:

I dunno I feel bad now :frown: all my fault :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't feel guilty - you're not the one that lashes out at someone because they're ill.
At least you know you have someone there to protect you and look out for you :hugs:
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Don't feel guilty - you're not the one that lashes out at someone because they're ill.
At least you know you have someone there to protect you and look out for you :hugs:

I suppose.. I mean don't get me wrong I am glad he's here cause he's usually the only one who can stop my dad when he's that angry. He was only meant to be here for a month since he doesn't work in the country, just as a wee holiday.. and now I feel bad that he's decided to work from home now :/ It'll only be a for a few weeks probs, but still.. he shouldn't have to comprise his work for me :s-smilie:
I suppose.. I mean don't get me wrong I am glad he's here cause he's usually the only one who can stop my dad when he's that angry. He was only meant to be here for a month since he doesn't work in the country, just as a wee holiday.. and now I feel bad that he's decided to work from home now :/ It'll only be a for a few weeks probs, but still.. he shouldn't have to comprise his work for me :s-smilie:

:hugs: He doesn't have to, he is choosing to because he really cares about you :smile: don't feel bad for that, I'm sure you'd do the same for him :smile: I get what you mean though :hugs:
Original post by ANONYM00SE
:hugs: He doesn't have to, he is choosing to because he really cares about you :smile: don't feel bad for that, I'm sure you'd do the same for him :smile: I get what you mean though :hugs:

:hugs: I know.. I'd do the same for him in a heartbeat :tongue:... but you know still.. I do feel guilty about it, he shouldn't have to do this :frown:.. it's my fault I'm in this situation and my fault that he's now having to comprise his work :frown:
:hugs: I know.. I'd do the same for him in a heartbeat :tongue:... but you know still.. I do feel guilty about it, he shouldn't have to do this :frown:.. it's my fault I'm in this situation and my fault that he's now having to comprise his work :frown:

:hugs: come on you know deep down none of this **** is your fault. You can't control what other people do :hugs: huggggg
Original post by rmhumphries
You need to do what is best for you. If things are difficult for your markers 10 days later, then perhaps talk to them about sorting a longer extension, or sorting it so it is good for all of you, but you are the most important person to cater for - don't forget that.

I have ten days before the submission to trigger it so until the 7th. I see my supervisor on Tuesday and my disabilty mentor straight after so she can set anything I need up. I guess being obnoxious and getting in my markers bad books is better than submitting something I'm not happy with. My report is finally coming on but I'm still missing my design and implementation sections. It's just I'm so scared to get it wrong so I'm not able to write them at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is PonchKid on Rory's iPad. I'm too annoyed to turn my laptop on, or to log out of his account.

Alsojdghskdnvugjfjoehfjgojfnfjg
**** sake, even though I blitzed the kitchen the other day and cleaned 1 loo today I've been asked to help with the communal clean, so I've just hoovered the living room and downstairs hallway (refusing to Hoover up there because I only go upstairs for a shower, their rooms are up there. Anyway if I get asked to redo the kitchen I'll be pissed, I'll happily take the bin out but I think I've done my fair share. I've got all my own stuff to tidy up let alone the rest of the house, and I got told not to hoover yet cos horrible housemate was watching a film in her room, well I don't want to do it when her films finished, I wanted to do it there and then! I'm bloody knackered and just want to snuggle with Rory, not spend time cleaning other people's stuff up when I've not actually messed it up myself, I know it's a communal house, but that doesn't mean 1 housemate goes to the pub,1 watches a film and I clean up! Can't ****ing wait to leave this house!!!!!

Sorry for the rant!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2014
Feeling rather wobbly. Work isn't really working. I don't know anything. Just got one more exam to get through but struggling so much to focus. :cry2:
Reply 2015
Hopefully this is going to make me feel more confident about myself. Step one is looking how I want to look. I really hope that helps me feel how I want to feel!

DSCF0146.JPG

Right now I'm feeling good, although a bit anxious about the rubber bands. I have heard horror stories about rubber bands, about them melting into hair etc. I'm keeping them in until I need to wash my hair again (washed this morning so won't be for a couple of days at least) and if my dreads don't fall out I'll take the bands out.
Reply 2016
Original post by SciFiRory
This is PonchKid on Rory's iPad. I'm too annoyed to turn my laptop on, or to log out of his account.

Alsojdghskdnvugjfjoehfjgojfnfjg
**** sake, even though I blitzed the kitchen the other day and cleaned 1 loo today I've been asked to help with the communal clean, so I've just hoovered the living room and downstairs hallway (refusing to Hoover up there because I only go upstairs for a shower, their rooms are up there. Anyway if I get asked to redo the kitchen I'll be pissed, I'll happily take the bin out but I think I've done my fair share. I've got all my own stuff to tidy up let alone the rest of the house, and I got told not to hoover yet cos horrible housemate was watching a film in her room, well I don't want to do it when her films finished, I wanted to do it there and then! I'm bloody knackered and just want to snuggle with Rory, not spend time cleaning other people's stuff up when I've not actually messed it up myself, I know it's a communal house, but that doesn't mean 1 housemate goes to the pub,1 watches a film and I clean up! Can't ****ing wait to leave this house!!!!!

Sorry for the rant!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not long to go lovely :hugs:
Original post by HmMusic
Not long to go lovely :hugs:

go to see my mum and step dad tomorrow with my boyfriend :biggrin:

then MIGHT be sleeping here wednesday night again with my boyfriend, but need to beg my step dad to not let that happen, cant cope. even had stuff said on twitter about me!
Original post by HmMusic
Hopefully this is going to make me feel more confident about myself. Step one is looking how I want to look. I really hope that helps me feel how I want to feel!

DSCF0146.JPG

Right now I'm feeling good, although a bit anxious about the rubber bands. I have heard horror stories about rubber bands, about them melting into hair etc. I'm keeping them in until I need to wash my hair again (washed this morning so won't be for a couple of days at least) and if my dreads don't fall out I'll take the bands out.

You look awesome! I wear synth dreads through the summer (probably blonde and rainbow ones this year) and they just make life so much easier. I wish I could have actual ones but I have such oily hair they just wouldn't work for me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah
Feeling rather wobbly. Work isn't really working. I don't know anything. Just got one more exam to get through but struggling so much to focus. :cry2:

:jumphug: When's your exam? Take a break for a bit and give yourself some space from the revision - panicking about it isn't going to be conducive to anything. Chill out, watch a Charlotte-centric episode of 'Private Practice' (I suggest one of the season 6 ones) and then try again. You do know stuff for this exam I'm sure, but I suspect panicking that you don't is probably making it harder to focus. I'm on Skype if you want to talk. :smile:

Original post by HmMusic

DSCF0146.JPG

Glad you're feeling good and more confident. :smile: :jumphug: I wouldn't be worried about the rubber bands. I can't see why/how they could melt into your hair to be honest...

Latest