The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6BIO2 ~ 3rd June 2013 ~ AS Biology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
Original post by Nathan@
Did anyone else find that all the multiple choice questions harder than usual?

yes they were normally thy are easy marks :frown:
Reply 1941
for that question box tht scientist did ya tick all yes?
Reply 1942
Original post by Daniel Atieh
ok will these get me 1 mark for the last question ?
1)Reintroduce the species far away from each other to reduce the competition
2) Introducing a new prey will help to increase their survival chances

is it interphase or cytokinesis?
Reply 1943
the paper was tooo long no time i swear
Original post by Meehar17
do plants cells contain centrioles then?

No, plant cells lack centrioles. Don't know how they organise their spindles.
for the question was about whether the cell is in interphase or cytokinesis, a lot of people are saying that it is interphase because the chromosomes were not visible which means it must be in interphase

however, if u look in the textbook, it states that the chromosomes unravel during telophase so during cytokinesis they are invisible so thats why i personally believe it is cytokinesis
correct me guys, in the taxonamy question I wrote about that organisms are grouped according to their morphology and molecular phylogency.
also the question of the difference between totipotent and pluripotent, i wrote totipotent all genes are switched on while pluripotent some are on and off.also i wrote totipotent can give rise to all 216 cell types and pluripotent to all types but fewer the totipoten.is that right because i didnt stated extra embyrionic cells.
Except the q was which stage of the cell cycle it is undergoing...Cytokinesis is just the splitting of the cytoplasm, not a stage of the cycle. It must be interphase.
No, cytokinesis is just the splitting of the cytoplasm and is part of late telophase. The q asked which stage of the cell cycle so it must be interphase
WHat about the WIlliam WIthering q? I know he made the Digitalis soup but is that the same as isolating digitalis?:confused:
Original post by curiosity_1
for the question was about whether the cell is in interphase or cytokinesis, a lot of people are saying that it is interphase because the chromosomes were not visible which means it must be in interphase

however, if u look in the textbook, it states that the chromosomes unravel during telophase so during cytokinesis they are invisible so thats why i personally believe it is cytokinesis

Yes and i remember those 2 cells were the only ones that were attached together, all others with a nucleus was seperate. Hopefully both interphase and cytokinesis will be accepted provided a valid explanation is given.
Reply 1951
Original post by fadyfox95
correct me guys, in the taxonamy question I wrote about that organisms are grouped according to their morphology and molecular phylogency.
also the question of the difference between totipotent and pluripotent, i wrote totipotent all genes are switched on while pluripotent some are on and off.also i wrote totipotent can give rise to all 216 cell types and pluripotent to all types but fewer the totipoten.is that right because i didnt stated extra embyrionic cells.

you might get 1 marks for the toti and pluri questions and I put the same answer for the taxonomy question, that is correct but i'm unsure if that will give us the full 2 marks :s
Reply 1952
Original post by Zoologist
WHat about the WIlliam WIthering q? I know he made the Digitalis soup but is that the same as isolating digitalis?:confused:

yes it is
Reply 1953
Original post by mace0590
for that question box tht scientist did ya tick all yes?

2 ticks and a cross in the box where it said he tested on healthy individuals
Original post by Zoologist
No, cytokinesis is just the splitting of the cytoplasm and is part of late telophase. The q asked which stage of the cell cycle so it must be interphase

Cytokinesis is very much a part of the cell cycle mate.
any one can upload the paper????
For the naming of the other 2 domains if i put bacteria/ prokaryote would i get the mark?
Reply 1957
Original post by Meehar17
you might get 1 marks for the toti and pluri questions and I put the same answer for the taxonomy question, that is correct but i'm unsure if that will give us the full 2 marks :s

for toti i wrote it from early embro cells and made into any cells including embryo for puri i wrote made from late embryonic cells n made into many cells nt but nt embro cells will that gete 2marks?
Reply 1958
hi guys i hope my memory of the questions can help in order to come up with an unofficial mark scheme

multiple choice questions (8 marks)

question on mRNA synthesis on pollen tube growth (3 or 4 marks)

label stage of cell cycle (2 marks)

describe how you would use the apparatus shown to experiment tensile strength of fibres (4 or 5 marks)

explain how zoos can promote genetic diversity through captive breeding programmes in black footed ferrets (5 marks?)

taxonomic groups (3 marks?)

what happens in the egg cell after the acrosome reaction (4 marks?)

cellulose and microfibrils table (4 marks)

last question on what would effect the chances of survival of the ferrets (3 marks)

what happens in PROPHASE (4 marks)

explain how meiosis brings about genetic variation (3 or 4 marks)

comment on the effectiveness of the breeding programme from 1991-2000 (3 marks?)

from the graph explain why no ferrets were released before 1991 (2 marks?)

how to make the experiment of the tensile strength more accurate and reliable (2 marks)

why was temperature kept constant in fibre strength experiment (2 marks)

william witherings experiment of digitalis soup (3 marks)

explain what is meant by the double blind trial (3 marks?)

what is the difference between totipotent and pluripotent cell (2 or 3 marks)

how would you investigate totipotency of the cotton plant (tissue culture technique) (4 or 5 marks)

what are the other two domains other than eukarya (2 marks)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1959
Original post by Marshymallow
I only ticked 1,4 for the cellulose molecule, because there aren't any 1,4 bonds holding any of the molecules together in the microfibril

I did the same :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending