The Student Room Group

**A2 Classical Civilisation**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Glad to hear that, my teachers give me top band without quotes so I am quite relieved, I re read all the tragedies again too, do you also mention things like context such as second peloponnesian war and plague in Athens, and Aristotle e.t.c?
Original post by EmperorA
Glad to hear that, my teachers give me top band without quotes so I am quite relieved, I re read all the tragedies again too, do you also mention things like context such as second peloponnesian war and plague in Athens, and Aristotle e.t.c?

I think it'd be good to write about how the audience can relate to the plays such as the fact there was a plague in Athens just before Oedipus was written etc :smile:
Reply 142
Yeah, the audience will like oedipus if he stops the plague, hopefully we don't get horrible 40 markers like 2011 tho :s-smilie:
*looks down at lists and lists of quotations"

All I can say is "I am wretched in my sufferings"
Reply 144
Since the current spec came in (from 2009/10) I notice their hasn't been any 40 mark questions on the Chorus and Messengers. Something to do with setting or gods could be possible as well I guess.
Original post by burbe
Since the current spec came in (from 2009/10) I notice their hasn't been any 40 mark questions on the Chorus and Messengers. Something to do with setting or gods could be possible as well I guess.

Doubt chorus or messengers will come up because its on the spec question (at least I hope so anyway)

Setting would be a dire question considering it has to be set outside the palace as they couldn't change sets :biggrin:
Reply 146
Original post by silence will fall
What do people think might come up for free standing? Or is it just going to be a random piece do we think?

Perhaps korai?
Original post by iamthestig
*looks down at lists and lists of quotations"

All I can say is "I am wretched in my sufferings"

Is that from Medea? XD
Good luck everyone doing Art & Arch. tomorrow!
Original post by Charlotte.e.r
Is that from Medea? XD

Yep hahaha
Good luck everyone! :smile:
How did people find the Greek tragedy exam? I thought it was a nice paper, though I'm really worried I didn't compare enough in the forty mark question, I only put a few 'unlike Medea/Phaedra in Hippolytus' and I'm worried I'll not get more than sixteen for that D:

What questions did everyone do?
I did the second forty marker, found both contexts difficult but chose the first one. Looking back on it I split my essay into four parts (Oedipus then Antigone etc.), and I didnt particularly do any comparisons between characters. However, I solely concentrated on how the Athenian audience would have viewed the main characters and why they would have thought they deserved what had happened to them, as well as their actions and why i think they deserved their fate. Is this the right idea? I have no idea and I'm starting to worry whether or not i did the wrong thing!
Reply 153
I liked it, but nearly everyone had to rush the end of the forty marker
Reply 154
Scott you did the right thing, Athenian audience was good to mention, I mean what other audience is there
Well the Art and Arch paper were ok... i did vases/sculpture... the vase question was a bit odd (part a) but apart from that good paper :biggrin: one exam down, five to go :/

How did others find it?
Original post by silence will fall
Well the Art and Arch paper were ok... i did vases/sculpture... the vase question was a bit odd (part a) but apart from that good paper :biggrin: one exam down, five to go :/

How did others find it?

I kinda hated it :frown: But that's my own fault because I was really risky with my priorities with which modules I revised!

I did the temples question and the last essay question on archaic art!
Original post by mightyscott
I did the second forty marker, found both contexts difficult but chose the first one. Looking back on it I split my essay into four parts (Oedipus then Antigone etc.), and I didnt particularly do any comparisons between characters. However, I solely concentrated on how the Athenian audience would have viewed the main characters and why they would have thought they deserved what had happened to them, as well as their actions and why i think they deserved their fate. Is this the right idea? I have no idea and I'm starting to worry whether or not i did the wrong thing!

I did exactly the same as you so I hope that's right! Did you choose Hippolytus or Antigone for the first section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mightyscott

Oh sorry just realised you did Antigone, so did I, the 20 marker was much nicer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannah_lou
I did exactly the same as you so I hope that's right! Did you choose Hippolytus or Antigone for the first section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I chose Antigone, I didn't like either of them though! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending