The Student Room Group

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
i'm s0 happy that's d0ne n0w! the paper was quite nice, t00 - when i turned t0 section b and saw l0ftus and palmer, i was 0ver the m00n... alth0ugh s0me 0f the secti0n a questi0ns were a bit iffy 0_0

here's t0 h0ping every0ne gets g00d results!
Original post by Aradia
i'm s0 happy that's d0ne n0w! the paper was quite nice, t00 - when i turned t0 section b and saw l0ftus and palmer, i was 0ver the m00n... alth0ugh s0me 0f the secti0n a questi0ns were a bit iffy 0_0

here's t0 h0ping every0ne gets g00d results!

Me too! generally the wording was abit eh
but so happy its finished :biggrin: still cant believe a perspective didnt come up though!
(edited 10 years ago)
Came out the exam and cried. Hardest paper ever and I really need a B to go uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yellowglitter19
Came out the exam and cried. Hardest paper ever and I really need a B to go uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? what did you revise for section C?
Original post by jodie.irwin27
can you give me an example of how you'd answer it? kinda don't know how to change it :L

Sorry, I went to bed so i couldn't reply you... OMG HOW DID YOU FIND THE EXAM BY THE WAY?? I LOVED IT!!! AND PHYSIOLOGICAL CAME UP!!! YAAAAAAYYYY!! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Sorry, I went to be so i couldn't reply you... OMG HOW DID YOU FIND THE EXAM BY THE WAY?? I LOVED IT!!! AND PHYSIOLOGICAL CAME UP!!! YAAAAAAYYYY!! :biggrin:

when I saw physiological I was gonna CRY with JOY!
arent you surprised that not even one perspective came up though?
Reply 1506
WTF, what is the apparatus used in baron and cohen?! wtf does that even mean. Procedure?
That exam was flipping awesome!! I'm so glad the Reicher and Haslam question in section A wasn't so bad, I had just literally revised permeability before I entered the exam hall... The answer was I think something to do with the prisoners being able to be promoted as guards.. ANYWAY... ALL THREE of the studies that came up for section B were so good! They were all so good I couldn't decide which to do but I ended up with Baron-Cohen... That Apparatus/ Materials question was weird though.. I was like huh??

I knew Individual differences would come up... But thanks to most of you guys I revised over physiological and it came up! I had tons to write about that... I used the extra pages at the back lol.
Original post by wozup8
WTF, what is the apparatus used in baron and cohen?! wtf does that even mean. Procedure?

Naaah I think they mean like what 'things' did they use to obtain results. So you had to be kind of vague and state the obvious. Remember they used standardised pictures of people's eyes.. then there was the strange stories task... and the Sally Anne test and so on... It was quite a weird question though!
Original post by random1234567
when I saw physiological I was gonna CRY with JOY!
arent you surprised that not even one perspective came up though?

I know right???! I literally shrieked with joy in the exam hall and everyone looked at me haha... And yeah I really thought behaviourist would come up but thank God for physiological, and I have to thank you by the way because you were there one that corrected me on the fact that physiological would come up so I revised that extra hard! :wink:
Reply 1510
Original post by wozup8

I just wrote what materials were used for each task eg. 25 black and white photos of eye regions of males and females in eyes task, 6 photographs displaying basic emotions in emotions task etc. then how they were questioned after each task

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ommmmggg I was soo over the moon when what we predicted came up especially for section c I only revised the physiological approach so I waz SOO HAPPY!!! I was that happy that I think I messed up a bit on the similarities and differences for the b question and realised it but didn't have time to correct it properly but the second half was okay though and OMG I LEFT THE 8 MARKER FOR THE MATERIALS ON SECTION B!!! I was like what the heck am I spose to write?! Soo I thought ill go back to it but I didn't!!!! ;( and the section a questions were a bit dodgy as well some of them :/
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I know right???! I literally shrieked with joy in the exam hall and everyone looked at me haha... And yeah I really thought behaviourist would come up but thank God for physiological, and I have to thank you by the way because you were there one that corrected me on the fact that physiological would come up so I revised that extra hard! :wink:

LOL ikr?
yess physiological I remembered my model answers too ! :biggrin:
haha np :wink:
HOW THE HELL DID BARON COHEN AND PHYSIOLOGICAL COME UP OH MY GOD HAHAH! thank you guys every single one of you that predicted either of them, so happy with that exam!
Original post by Billie Jean
Ommmmggg I was soo over the moon when what we predicted came up especially for section c I only revised the physiological approach so I waz SOO HAPPY!!! I was that happy that I think I messed up a bit on the similarities and differences for the b question and realised it but didn't have time to correct it properly but the second half was okay though and OMG I LEFT THE 8 MARKER FOR THE MATERIALS ON SECTION B!!! I was like what the heck am I spose to write?! Soo I thought ill go back to it but I didn't!!!! ;( and the section a questions were a bit dodgy as well some of them :/

Me too thats the only approach I revised too and I dont even know what I wrote for that 8 marker :s-smilie:
ikr a few dodgy questions in section A but not too bad overall I guess
Reply 1515
Original post by qs2xo
I just wrote what materials were used for each task eg. 25 black and white photos of eye regions of males and females in eyes task, 6 photographs displaying basic emotions in emotions task etc. then how they were questioned after each task

Posted from TSR Mobile

OCR wording is so goddamn ambiguous, they should of said "describe the tasks" not apparatus. Apparatus is goddamn things like beakers, and test tubes for god sake.
I just pray the Grade boundaries aren't too high... BUT WHO CARES???! BARON-COHEN AND PHYSIOLOGICAL CAME UP... LET'S PARTAYY!
Original post by qs2xo
for the savage rambaugh question on reliability what did you guys write?

i said about blind testing then went on to talk about how they recorded it and watched it back and observed for inter rater reliability! :smile: :smile:
Original post by qs2xo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did that too! Hopefully it's right! Most people in my year did sperry.
Original post by leanne1996
i said about blind testing then went on to talk about how they recorded it and watched it back and observed for inter rater reliability! :smile: :smile:

yess I spoke about the blind task!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending