The Student Room Group

me v procrastination!

So I've got 94 days until my first a level but I cant stop procrastinating and it's becoming concerning because when I did GCSEs the same thing happened where my procrastination started around this time and got worse leading up to May/June-- I would do things like read an entire fiction series while in the library instead of revising the day before exams!! I'm hoping i can use this to keep me accountable and on top of things :smile:)

I also have to get my grades up by quite a bit in order to meet my uni offer conditions!! (AAB but the A needs to be in chem!!)

stats (to motivate me to actually work):
days until 1st exam: 94
days until last exam: 129

Last mock exam results (last April)
Bio: A
Psych: A*
Chem: C

Scroll to see replies

Tuesday 14th Feb- 94 days left

Tasks while I'm at the library :
- work out the core practicals I need to know for chem (maybe make notes?? not sure)
- reorganise chem flashcards by paper
- Learn phys 9- rate equations on TT
If I have time:
- begin typing up psychology approaches

When I get home:
- chemistry tutoring at 4
- Psychology tutoring at 7

After/between tutoring seshes:
- begin refiling biology stuff

If I'm extra motivated:
- prep for vet med interview for in 2 days time
Wednesday 15th Feb- 93 days

Tasks while in the library:
- Make flashcards for the sections of module 2 foundations in biology that I don't already have using revision guide
- Make biology plan for revision leading up to A levels
- Learn cell division on TT and make flashcards
- Do homework set by chem tutor

If I have time:
- Timed biology paper 1 using TT method

At home:
- Psychology tutoring at 4
- continue filing biology paper 2
- Vet interview prep
Thursday 16th Feb- 92 days

At home:
- vet med interview prep
- do vet med interview
- pack for library

At library:
- finish Arrhenius things
- make full rates flashcards
- cont. w bio flashcards
- cont. w typing up issues and debates

At home:
- do as much filing and misc organising as possible
Thursday 16th Feb- taking a break!!

I'm so proud of myself rn so I'm typing this and taking break so I'll have this moment to look back on and can tell my brain to shut up with the negative self talk the next time somethings challenging-- IVE MANAGED TO LEARN A TOPIC I ALWAYS CONSIDERED IMPOSSIBLE!! yes its not 100%- I'm going to need to talk to my teachers when I'm back and yes it did take longer than the average person to do but IVE DONE IT IM SO PROUD AND SO HAPPY AND SO RELIEVED!!!

Also thought I might as well reflect on the past few days- I've had some really nice family time which has cut into working a bit but I don't mind it at all, it's been really nice but its also a bit embarrassing that my parents might have better A level grades than I do lol

I really want to fix my sleep schedule, I had mocks last week and it completely threw my body off because I would stay up some nights but not others but I always woke up between 6-6:30 which isn't that much of a change except I kept on having coffee (in a regular week I never do) so now my body just feels so wrong and I'm not getting enough sleep and I keep on waking up due to stress and it needs to stop :/ I keep on sleeping past my alarm which is honestly really nice to be able to do but it really won't help when I'm back at school tomorrow

My vet med interview this morning went surprisingly well!! Mostly because it wasn't super important to me because I wouldn't actually go even if I did get an offer but I loveddddd talking about my work experience because I've done it 5 times now in other interviews and mock interviews and also when complaining to my mom about not being able to say everything I wanted at one of my interviews so I've gotten really good at talking about it and its just so nice to be able to talk to a vet about what makes me want to become a vet!! the other stations were meh but I'm not bothered-- and I ended up getting an offer from another interview that I had written off as it was truly awful and none of my interviewers barely smiled!!

I'm going to finish listening to my song and move on to some hw set by my chem tutor, my laptops misbehaving so much rn so I'm going to have to do mainly paper and iPad tasks even though I was looking forwards to the reprieve that typing my psych notes would've been (psych is just so much easier than bio and chem its so unfair)
Thursday 16th Feb- ANOTHER UPDATE

my mom called me while I was memorising organic aromatic synthesis routes to tell me she's started the buying process for an apartment for my gap year, I'm so overwhelmed right now and I'm so excited and so grateful and I really feel like there's an end point in sight to my A levels now-- 23rd of June and I'm out of here!!!
Hey, just wanted to ask what is the timed biology paper 1 TT method? Also, good luck with revision :smile:
Original post by nendo_stan
Hey, just wanted to ask what is the timed biology paper 1 TT method? Also, good luck with revision :smile:

thank youuu :smile: the TT method is based off a website that I've signed up to where you do a past paper in entirely exam conditions then fill in a tracking sheet to see the types of mistakes you're making and the content that you need to go over as well as your overall score then you do the revision needed, wait 24 hours and redo the paper and see how much you've improved!!
Friday 17th Feb- 91 days

At the library:
- finish aromatic flashcards and go through until I can recall completely
- Make flashcards for organic 1 and 2, learn unknown content
- go through biology module 2 and list the things I'm not familiar with
(I'm probably going to deviate from my plan depending on how I feel so I'll edit this to add updates!)

At home:
(not sure how much time I'll have bc I'm seeing a friend)
- punch holes into new flashcards and organise
- split biology flashcards into paper boxes
- see what flashcards are in the pink folder
so i dont forget bc i just got a text about this: Make core prac plan for chem acids and bases?? And sort out core prac thing for bio
Saturday 18th Feb- 90 days

Its my final day at the library because I'm back to school tomorrow!! :frown: I need to chill out before school starts so I can go back and give it my all and the library closes early today so I'm going to go back, finish reading my book, have some snacks and start packing to leave!

To-do at the library:
- find chem paper 1 weak points and go over
- label folders that need labelling
- cont w making bio module 2 flashcards (LEARN DNA SYNTHESIS!)

To-do at home:
- anything chill!!
- light packing and sorting
proud of you!! hope you keep us updated. do you mind if i post my to-do list as a way of staying accountable?
proud of you!! hope you keep us updated. do you mind if i post my to-do list as a way of staying accountable?

hi! thank youuu :smile: and of course!!! we could keep each other accountable!! what subjects are you taking?
ok
thanks! i'm doing bio (|ocr) chem (ocr) geo (aqa)

what i've done today:
photosynthesis - just finishing notes and then blurting
made a physical chem mindmap on rates
classification practice questions
thanks! i'm doing bio (|ocr) chem (ocr) geo (aqa)

what i've done today:
photosynthesis - just finishing notes and then blurting
made a physical chem mindmap on rates
classification practice questions

well done!!!! I find blurting so mentally exhausting but I really do need to start doing it more :tongue:
Sunday 19th Feb- 89 days
I'm currently on my way back to school! I'm deffo not going to be able to stick to my to do list today because travelling is so exhausting (my suitcase has all of my a level notes in it and not much else so its super heavy)and wifi is patchy so I'll come back and edit it at the end of the day if I remember :smile:

At costa:
- Type issues and debates psychology notes and review tutor notes before lesson
- psychology tutoring
- continue issues and debates if I still don't feel confident
- call my parents (yes im considering this productive because I haven't spoken to them in a bit)
- Use TT to learn diabetes, the liver, neutrons and make flashcards

At cafe Nero:
- Type psychology notes (if I can plug my laptop in there)
- do chemistry paper 2 past paper (if I can't plug in my laptop)

Back at school:
- put booklets back into day folder for chem
- find gender and issues and debates psychology booklets
- clear whiteboard and bulletin board
- print off calendar for revision planning

!!DONT FORGET TO SEND BIO CORE PRAC PLAN TO TEACHER!!
yep, its tiring but worth it! good luck for today!

i will be:
watching transition metal question walkthroughs
finishing photosynthesis
thank you!! transition metals are one of my weaker areas too so I'll have to go over that some time in the next few weeks!

Today I ended up having a massive psychology day because I really struggled while doing questions with my tutor and I ended up sitting in spoons to do work instead of cafe Nero so I could stay longer :smile: I hate that there's school tomorrow I can already feel my anxiety building and an anxiety attack would be real inconvenient,, I also can't for the life of me think of a yearbook quote, my options are:
1. a reference to the fact that I had been crying before my yearbook photo and its very visible
2. a reference to my perfect attendance at chemistry support sessions
3. a phrase that I said a lot in year 12 that I used to joking describe to how i felt about a levels back when I was getting Ds

!!DONT FORGET TO SEND BIO CORE PRAC PLAN TO TEACHER!!
!! YEAR BOOK QUOTE DUE TOMORROW !!
Monday 20th Feb- 88 days
back at school :frown:

Before school:
- print spec for bio and chem
- print chem and bio core pracs
- find violin score
- do chem hw
- look through bio content for lesson later today

free period:
- went through thermodynamics flashcards

Library: