The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Deux

I mentioned vaccinations - which eliminate viruses from a population - and antibiotics - which reduce the number of people suffering from (and carrying) bacterial infections.

omg that was so obvious cant believe I forgot about that! I put better technology and more knowledge that pathogens cause disease :mad:
Reply 441
Original post by SportsFan
What did you guys write for what should the control group eat?

Yes, what was the answer to this? I wrote, "The diet that the majority of volunteers participating in the three slimming programmes normally eat." I have a hunch that's horribly wrong, though.
Original post by poppydoppy
I missed out the whole last page, really stressing out. Did everyone finish the paper?

Only just :redface: my handwriting didn't look particularly clear in the last 30 seconds.

Don't worry PoppyD, I'm sure you did just fine! Good luck
Original post by MattJGUK
Not confident about this one but I put the control group should eat a healthy diet consisting of suitable amounts of carbohydrates, fats, protein etc.

I put what they normally would eat, not sure
Original post by TherHig
omg that was so obvious cant believe I forgot about that! I put better technology and more knowledge that pathogens cause disease :mad:

Ditto, I put better technology and better doctors/more staffing, do you think they would accept any of these answers?
Reply 445
Not confident about this one but I put the control group should eat a healthy diet consisting of suitable amounts of carbohydrates, fats, protein etc.

I put it should be their "normal diet" seeing as they are the control group and shouldn't change - or so I thought. No guarantees though. :confused:
For the one, why are infectious diseases low today?
i put:
Because technology and medicine have improved. And because we have a better understanding of bacteria.
It asked for 2 reasons, im worried this could be classed as 3. what do you all think?
Also for the reflex arc i mentioned that the receptors in the eye detect the stimulus, but didnt specify what the stimulus was, in all past papers the stimulus hasnt had to be specified.....
Original post by TherHig
they lost mass because theyre slimming programmes. all 3 didn't go below the thick straight line where they would have gained mass

I put they gained mass, ugh

Original post by Deux

I mentioned vaccinations - which eliminate viruses from a population - and antibiotics - which reduce the number of people suffering from (and carrying) bacterial infections.

I put sterilising tools and keeping patients in isolation if infected

I put a balanced diet.
Reply 448
Original post by owjack
I put it should be their "normal diet" seeing as they are the control group and shouldn't change - or so I thought. No guarantees though. :confused:

I agree. If they all suddenly started eating a balanced diet for the experiment then it would skew the results, would it not?
Original post by what-urrp
Would 'Inherited Factors' be allowed do you reckon?

Yeah that comes under genes dude :biggrin:
Original post by owjack

controll group so i thought so i put the whole food group
I see that lot's of people on this thread were struggling for time, well from the comments
In my school nearly everyone finished like 15 minutes early I was like WTF and so I was like I am not going to finish this exam still had like 3 questions left but managed to finish it with 5 minutes to spare for checking. One the questions was so short the tick box one what a waste of two pages.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 452
Original post by owjack
i put it should be their "normal diet" seeing as they are the control group and shouldn't change - or so i thought. No guarantees though. :confused:

i put that first then crossed it out and wrote a diet with no slimming programme. :angry:
Original post by yoitskelvin123
just done my biology retake, it was pretty easy actually

what did you guys get for the part about women dying in a certain years about their weight?

i wrote 5 years

That would probably get 1 mark because it also said ''The mean(average) age is 82'' therefore you had to subtract it from 82 which is 77 years.
Original post by yoitskelvin123
just done my biology retake, it was pretty easy actually

what did you guys get for the part about women dying in a certain years about their weight?

i wrote 5 years

It was 5 years but that's the how low it would go, you then subtract 82 years which was the average death age with 5 years hence the answer should be 77 years.:smile: You should be getting atleast a few marks for your correct method :smile:
Original post by PINKFLEUR
Only just :redface: my handwriting didn't look particularly clear in the last 30 seconds.

Don't worry PoppyD, I'm sure you did just fine! Good luck

Aww thank you. I knew all the answers I just spent too long on the longer questions.

Does anyone have any idea what the grade boundaries will be ?
Reply 456
Original post by SportsFan
I see that lot's of people on this thread were struggling for time, well from the comments
In my school nearly everyone finished like 15 minutes early I was like WTF and so I was like I am not going to finish this exam still had like 3 questions left but managed to finish it with 105 minutes to spare for checking. One the questions was so short the tick box one what a waste of two pages.

I know, and then they had to repeat the graph on the next page! Al Gore would have a fit.
Nothing on the menstrual cycle, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
I knew that topic!
Reply 458

I said that as well
Reply 459
I added 5 years so got the answer 87 as on the graph it was adding not subtracting??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending