The Student Room Group

OCR A2 LAW G153 Criminal Law 1 - June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by danjones22
The exam was great but its still bugging me that I might have messed it all up. On the writting paper I put both section A answer and section B answer under the header 'Please write section A answer here'. After finishing my section B question I noticed this mistake. So I clearly marked what section each question was by placing my own headers, as well as writing a note to the examinor explain the where the answers where.

Will they still mark both questions? It will bug me all summer until results day! :frown:

i did the complete oposite and im scared ! :frown: i wrote section B bit, on the section B place, but there was a leaf in between without any writing, so im scared the examiners not going to see my section B and section C questions! :frown:

and yes they will mark it. because i did the same as you for sources of law, in Jan. and they did mark it.
Reply 1101
this is going to be real absurd question :biggrin: but on section B, for theft, we only needed to write about theft right? no burglary etc :biggrin:
Reply 1102
Original post by JLXP
What did you think of it? I'm praying I didn't miss anything out

My AO1 was awful forgot loads of case my mind just went blank:frown:
AO2 was simple , the only issue I had was the flower an exception of property (wild plant)?
Original post by JLXP
What did you think of it? I'm praying I didn't miss anything out

Think it was pretty good, I did all of AO1 and then started with the AO2 application.

Can't really remember much of it? Pretty much all I can remember:
- Definitely said taking the money out of the till was theft even if he intended to return it, as in Velumyl
- Putting stuff in shopping basket was not theft - as Lord Roskill said in Morris
- Eating the chocolate bar was theft - shop had proprietary right in the chocolate
- Taking the flowers I argued was theft because they came from a garden, and generally gardens are owned by people and thus they are not growing wild. Did argue that if they were wild it would not be theft.

What else did he do? I'm so exhausted from revising I can't even remember the question!
Reply 1104
Original post by N1037
For people that did insanity and automatism did you get accurate, accurate, inaccurate and accurate? Because I know of people that got both and I'm worried!

i put the exact same answers as you! however, i had no real structure because i was running out of time
Reply 1105
Original post by millie-rose
Think it was pretty good, I did all of AO1 and then started with the AO2 application.

- Definitely said taking the money out of the till was theft even if he intended to return it, as in Velumyl
- Putting stuff in shopping basket was not theft - as Lord Roskill said in Morris
- Eating the chocolate bar was theft - shop had proprietary right in the chocolate
- Taking the flowers I argued was theft because they came from a garden, and generally gardens are owned by people and thus they are not growing wild. Did argue that if they were wild it would not be theft.

What else did he do? I'm so exhausted from revising I can't even remember the question!

oh no! i defo got that bit wrong with the wild bit. however, i did state that if the flowers were growing on wild, then it wont be deemed theft. ( i completely forgot it was in the garden)
Original post by hoping
this is going to be real absurd question :biggrin: but on section B, for theft, we only needed to write about theft right? no burglary etc :biggrin:

I only wrote about theft, I was tempted to go into burglary, then I saw the time and was like hell no!!

I think we didn't need too because it said discuss if whatever the guys name is will be guilty of theft, not under The Theft Act - which would insinuate theft, robbery & burglary:smile:
Reply 1107

What else did he do? I'm so exhausted from revising I can't even

remember the question!

he also got money under mistake when he paid for the items in the supermarket
Reply 1108
Original post by hoping

Burglary is under the theft act , what was the question .. damn
Original post by hoping
oh no! i defo got that bit wrong with the wild bit. however, i did state that if the flowers were growing on wild, then it wont be deemed theft. ( i completely forgot it was in the garden)

No I did exactly the same, then as I was re-reading I thought crap, a garden is generally owned by someone! So quickly scribbled it in - I think if you've explained it and concluded accurately though should be fine. a 'garden' can be quite subjective!
Original post by hoping
he also got money under mistake when he paid for the items in the supermarket

Ahhh yeah that was it! I said it wasn't theft at the time, but when he realised that she had given him more the next day he had an obligation to make restoration - AG Reference
Reply 1111
I only wrote about theft, I was tempted to go into burglary, then I saw the time and was like hell no!!

I think we didn't need too because it said discuss if whatever the guys name is will be guilty of theft, not under The Theft Act - which would insinuate theft, robbery & burglary:smile:

thank god lol :biggrin:

for an instant i thought the supermarket was a 'building' and he was tresspassing. however, like you said, i read that the question was only asking about theft.
at first when we did theft during class, we had a assessment, and it was based on a similar scenario with the market, but i dont remember putting theft for that, and got a A, so i hope i did it right! :biggrin:
Original post by qr95

The question was discuss Tom(?)'s liability for Theft.

If they wanted us to discuss it all I think they would have said under the Theft Act
Reply 1113
Original post by qr95

What else did he do? I'm so exhausted from revising I can't even

remember the question!

( this was basically the content of the question, what Mille has already wrote. i hope burglary wasnt involved :biggrin: )
Reply 1114
Ahhh yeah that was it! I said it wasn't theft at the time, but when he realised that she had given him more the next day he had an obligation to make restoration - AG Reference

lol thats what i wrote, not sure but i wrote something about continuing act of theft :biggrin: i must have got confused with oapa !
Reply 1115
No I did exactly the same, then as I was re-reading I thought crap, a garden is generally owned by someone! So quickly scribbled it in - I think if you've explained it and concluded accurately though should be fine. a 'garden' can be quite subjective!

lol i just hope they wont mark me down for that, im expecting full marks for it:biggrin:
Reply 1116
I wrote that swapping labels was appropriation?
I didn't write about shopping basket coz that's not sn issue?
Reply 1117
also, you see the answer booklet had headings, i.e please write your question on section A here, please write your question on section B here etc. i did what it said, however i left out a page between a & b, due to that, im freaking out that the examiner wont see my question b & c bit :frown:

did anyone else do it like me?
Reply 1118
Original post by qr95
I wrote that swapping labels was appropriation?
I didn't write about shopping basket coz that's not sn issue?

i wrote swapping labels were theft. and i dont think you needed to write about the shopping basket, as i had a similar question in a class assessment, and my teacher said you dont. but i still did
Reply 1119
Original post by hoping
also, you see the answer booklet had headings, i.e please write your question on section A here, please write your question on section B here etc. i did what it said, however i left out a page between a & b, due to that, im freaking out that the examiner wont see my question b & c bit :frown:

did anyone else do it like me?

Don't worry he will see it, if you get a low grade you can get your paper bk and see if he's marked it if that makes you feel better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending