Does anyone know what I would write about;
- Liquefaction
- Lateral Spreading
- Ground Movement/displacement
etc

for Earthquakes please, for 7 or 8 marks please
I am really struggling and cannot find anything good enough online :frown:
Original post by Daniel George
apparently examiners don't like that :O!

They don't like the abbreviation? Can you say 'for example?'

How many case studies does everybody have in total?
does anyone have any idea of what might come up for Weather?
is everyone relaxing or chilling tonight?

edit..I mean revising...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2264
Original post by Daniel George
is everyone relaxing or chilling tonight?

lol you meant revising or chilling

the latter :smile:
Reply 2265
Has anybody else got General Studies in the morning? I've got 4 and a half hours of exams tomorrow!
Original post by GT121
Does anyone know what I would write about;
- Liquefaction
- Lateral Spreading
- Ground Movement/displacement
etc

for Earthquakes please, for 7 or 8 marks please
I am really struggling and cannot find anything good enough online :frown:

Liquefaction is the effect that earthquakes have on soft soils (eg reclaimed land) causing it to turn into something similar to quick sand so the foundations of a building become useless and the can sink into the ground/collapse/tilt to one side. (Sorry this isn't very good wording) they definitely wouldn't give you an 7/8 marker just on this!
Reply 2267
Could anyone help me with conclusions? I've been told by my teacher that my conclusions are poor and I have no idea what to put in them! I'm very stressed and would appreciate any help at all! :s-smilie:
Thank you
Feeling fairly confident atm, not sure by tomorrow though.. has anyone got an idea as to why management of the Montserrat eruption was poor? That's my general thoughts anyway seeing as it's an LEDC. Good luck for tomorrow y'all :biggrin:
Reply 2269
think they could have an 8 marker on the effects of earthquakes e.g. tsunamis, liquefaction, landslides but not just liquefaction by its self
Original post by Khushaali
For the intro do we put our viewpoint or leave it open?

When my teacher told me this, I first questioned it. As in other subject you will conform your argument to lead to the conclusion. Having said that, I think in this geography essay I think it is wise to put a view point: it will give direction to the essay and allow you to structure an argument better. I say this, but then again, depending on the question I may just come to that in the conclusion. Hope this helps.
Reply 2271
Original post by HenryLinguistic
Feeling fairly confident atm, not sure by tomorrow though.. has anyone got an idea as to why management of the Montserrat eruption was poor? That's my general thoughts anyway seeing as it's an LEDC. Good luck for tomorrow y'all :biggrin:

Its more the fact that there weren't sufficient strategies in place, and so people couldn't live on the island, hence 7000 people were evacuated to neighbouring islands, the uk and us.
Reply 2272
Original post by dawg
Has anybody else got General Studies in the morning? I've got 4 and a half hours of exams tomorrow!

i have, it sucks, wouldnt be so bad if geography was first, gonna be writing so much tomorrow
Reply 2273
Original post by Khushaali
For the intro do we put our viewpoint or leave it open?

I've been told to put our view point in the conclusion after discussing it throughout the content
Reply 2274
Original post by razza41
i have, it sucks, wouldnt be so bad if geography was first, gonna be writing so much tomorrow

Have you revised for it? I haven't even bothered, my college makes students do it and it doesn't count towards my course so I just thought **** it
Original post by Gary
lets say the tectonic essay was on plate tectonics, what case study material can you use for that then? and surely if there are some it there will be little examples anyway and so it means everyone will fail? lol

probs use either the two LEDC and MEDC volcanoes or two earthquake case studies. i'd mention them eg. when talking about landforms at different types of plate margins...
Ok so I've got to the stage of my ~revision~ where I'm wanted to bury myself alive because none of the case studies/facts and figs are going into my head. Bol**cks.

I'm doing Plate Tectonics, Ecosystems and World Cities (scrapped the fourth completely because it was just too much). I haven't managed to read the whole thread so I don't know if people have already answered this but does anyone have any ideas of what could come up/won't come up in any of these topics?

For Ecosystems, questions on ecological conservation areas (e.g. Mersey Forest) have come up more than once so I'm thinking that won't happen, and for World Cities questions on partnership schemes in urban areas has come up twice too. I know I shouldn't be ruling out anything, I just want to know what topics would be best for my last minute cramming!! I've already pretty much bailed out on some of the topics from the Jan 2013 paper which won't stick in my head!
Reply 2277
Original post by dawg
Have you revised for it? I haven't even bothered, my college makes students do it and it doesn't count towards my course so I just thought **** it

no i havent, geography is way more important for me as im doing it at uni, yeah same with my college
Reply 2278
Original post by BethanHann
Liquefaction is the effect that earthquakes have on soft soils (eg reclaimed land) causing it to turn into something similar to quick sand so the foundations of a building become useless and the can sink into the ground/collapse/tilt to one side. (Sorry this isn't very good wording) they definitely wouldn't give you an 7/8 marker just on this!

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 2279
How hard is it to get a C in this exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending