The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by shibucool
Did you put the first box for the pyramid of biomass question?

yeah..I feel so stupid but I think quite a few people might have fallen for this question.
Original post by ADT666
yeah..I feel so stupid but I think quite a few people might have fallen for this question.

But isn't the first box correct though?
Reply 942
But isn't the first box correct though?

That's what I thaught because I swear with a pyramid of biomasss the mass of living material decreases at each stage. but People have been saying that its different with plankton? it could be correct but I guess we will never know :confused:
Reply 943
This is gonna annoy me sooo much even though its only a one marka!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 944
Original post by ExamNerd123
when did it say june wtf

it asked for the biomass during june, trust me the Q said that
Reply 945
Original post by ADT666
That's what I thaught because I swear with a pyramid of biomasss the mass of living material decreases at each stage. but People have been saying that its different with plankton? it could be correct but I guess we will never know :confused:

so many made this mistake, the Q asked for the biomass in JUNE, in JUNE the graph shows there was more animal plankton then plant plankton so obviously more animal biomass, hence its the 3rd box
[QUOTE="js171;43016953"]
Original post by ADT666

Couldn't agree more! I think the test was good for people who didnt revise as it was all vague questions and graph interpretation. I think you could maybe get a c/d with very little revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My exam was at 1pm and the only revision I did was in the morning and I think it went really well, like A/B well. I agree that it didn't test our knowledge
I am gutted I revised LOADS but ill be lucky to get a B.

Does anyone remember how many marks the asexual question was?

Ella xx
Reply 948
Guys what's the predicted grade boundaries? Because I've estimated I got around 50 but say 48.
I am confused for the pyramid of biomass question because during the exam I remember that at first I was like pyramid of biomass is supposed to decrease as you go along the food chain. However, the graph shows that were more animal plankton than plant plankton and I was about to tick the third box WHEN I realised that they had different measurements along the y axis on the left and right. I remember looking at that and then to the question where it says their sizes which suggests that the plant plankton did have more biomass but I am not sure now.
Original post by KingChowdhury
I am confused for the pyramid of biomass question because during the exam I remember that at first I was like pyramid of biomass is supposed to decrease as you go along the food chain. However, the graph shows that were more animal plankton than plant plankton and I was about to tick the third box WHEN I realised that they had different measurements along the y axis on the left and right. I remember looking at that and then to the question where it says their sizes which suggests that the plant plankton did have more biomass but I am not sure now.

Pyramids of biomass always have a triangular shape and seen as the plant plankton was the producer in the food chain, it's definitely to first one.
Reply 951
Original post by king_revision
Pyramids of biomass always have a triangular shape and seen as the plant plankton was the producer in the food chain, it's definitely to first one.

According to the CGP revision guide, there are occasional exceptions (such as plankton at certain times of year) so it might not have been the first one
Original post by HJT513
According to the CGP revision guide, there are occasional exceptions (such as plankton at certain times of year) so it might not have been the first one

It is the first one, I've checked with multiple sources. Please stop trying to give yourself reason to believe it wasn't the first one as it was. We'll find out on results day.
The fact that the pyramid of biomass question was near to the end of the paper, it might have been a trick question as we have been told in class and textbooks that at each stage they reduce biomass, but the question deliberately said in June to try and make people fall for the third box where in fact it was the first box.
Why don't we all agree that it was box number 2 : D since we know this isn't right! :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys the box you were meant to tick was the third one, I ticked the first one and admit I am wrong!
Original post by SportsFan
Guys the box you were meant to tick was the third one, I ticked the first one and admit I am wrong!

How when the producers were smaller than the herbivores and in the graph you had two y-axis and the producers had a smaller gap between the squares compared to the herbivores. It had to be the first one
How when the producers were smaller than the herbivores and in the graph you had two y-axis and the producers had a smaller gap between the squares compared to the herbivores. It had to be the first one

I put the first one, it's only one mark and we are both wrong since we ticked the first option,
look a the bottom of the CGP book it justifies why the third option was correct
Reply 958
Original post by HJT513

Can you remember what the question was? I was being lazy so I didn't actually read the beginning bit about plant and animal plankton (I know I'm such an idiot) so I just ticked the first one because I assumed all biomass pyramids look like that.
Reply 959
I hope box number two is right :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending