The Student Room Group

Economics f583 june 2013 work and leisure exam!

Hello,

So who else is doing this exam?
Can anyone post up the Jan 2013 paper for this unit please?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i'm actually quite scared about this exam, i feel like i remember nothing so i've going to do worse than i did in jan. plus i can't revise now as i'm revising for F585 exam. Then after F585 exam i need to revise for ICT exam which is the same day as my resit for F583 economic exam. I need help
Reply 2
Original post by Neha.P
i'm actually quite scared about this exam, i feel like i remember nothing so i've going to do worse than i did in jan. plus i can't revise now as i'm revising for F585 exam. Then after F585 exam i need to revise for ICT exam which is the same day as my resit for F583 economic exam. I need help

Same here! Really worried about this exam! It's terrible...Don't worry about F585 it is easier than you think. Worry about this one though, its AWFUL!. The past papers are awful urghh...Have you got the January 2013 paper?
Reply 3
Original post by Neha.P

same thing with me, i got F583 on the morning and ICT after :frown: i'm guessing your with WJEC for ICT then. I know we're here to post about f583, but just to say the A2 exam for ICT is piss easy compared to other A2 exams. Just memorize what they say on the mark scheme because they mostly ask the same questions in every exam but in a different format..... you should do well if you revised the important topics.
Original post by Teagen
same thing with me, i got F583 on the morning and ICT after :frown: i'm guessing your with WJEC for ICT then. I know we're here to post about f583, but just to say the A2 exam for ICT is piss easy compared to other A2 exams. Just memorize what they say on the mark scheme because they mostly ask the same questions in every exam but in a different format..... you should do well if you revised the important topics.

Lol F583 is soooo bad compared to other exams lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by DoctorWannaBe101
Lol F583 is soooo bad compared to other exams lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was on about the ICT exam, flip no, not F583. That exam is nasty
Reply 6
I did the F583 paper in January and it was utter crap, in my opinion.
F585 yesterday was way better then work and leisure....ew.
Reply 7
Original post by sabahijaz

Yeah I know even content wise its horrid! I did F585 in Jan and did good but in these F583 papers i'm not even getting a D. It's like the essays are so awkwardly worded urghhhh.

Have you got the F583 January 2013 paper by any chance? Would be great if you could post it up please.

Its not the quantity in this exam that's a lot, it the awkward understanding of the questions which is difficult to understand.
Reply 8
Original post by sabahijaz

yeap, especially that business studies question which was completely off topic
Reply 9
Any predictions for the essay questions or the section A topic from you guys/ your teachers?!
Reply 10
I hate this exam. This is the 3rd time me retaking it and I can't seem to get a bloody B which is all I need. I just can't get my head around all the leisure markets and those funky looking diagrams. It's completely nuts!
If anyone wants to trade some marked essays then pm me. I've typed up a few essays which I got 20/20 for and I'll like a few more to look at.
Thanks
Reply 12
any predictions on Section B??
I'm 80-90% sure that there will be an essay: "Discuss the consequences of flexibility for the operation of labour markets in UK". Any once have an ideas for a structure of this essay?
Reply 14
Original post by paramountor
I'm 80-90% sure that there will be an essay: "Discuss the consequences of flexibility for the operation of labour markets in UK". Any once have an ideas for a structure of this essay?

why would you think this?
i think they have already done this question.
Reply 15
Original post by paramountor
If anyone wants to trade some marked essays then pm me. I've typed up a few essays which I got 20/20 for and I'll like a few more to look at.
Thanks
June_2010_FS583_OCR_Economics_Exam_Essays_with_Commentary (1).doc
Anyone have the jan 2013paper? Would be great if ee knew what the essay qs where..
Reply 17
Hey i've got the 2013 paper, I'm also pretty sure that section A is going to be based on labour markets becaus2efor the past 2 years it's been based on market structures and industries
Reply 18
Anyone have any idea on senction B questions other than the one mentioned?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
there could be a question on the relationship between efficiency and market structure in leisure markets.
It's mentioned in the syllabus, but I'm not sure whether they have actually mentioned it before.
Its a possibility :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending