The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6BIO2 ~ 3rd June 2013 ~ AS Biology

Scroll to see replies

What do you think??
64 for an A? That's a bit high. This was definitely more difficult than Jan '13. I'll say 61.
Original post by ALevel96
4a) No point doing this im sure many will obtain four marks.

What would the answer for it be? I'm not too sure if I used the right wording Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Assassin
64 for an A? That's a bit high. This was definitely more difficult than Jan '13. I'll say 61.

Not sure, there were two practical questions. January 2013 wasnt to difficult apart from the cancer question which may have threw a few people off.
But who knows it'll defo be between 61-64 I'd say can't see it going higher than that if it does that's ridiculous!
ALevel96 mynameisntbobk CoolRunner - guys please check for me this answer (3 marks) where it says describe the effect of concentration on mean length of the tube...
here is what i wrote:
-A slight increase in the mean length of tube when concentration increased from 0.0000 to 0.0001 mol dm ^-3
-A decrease from 90 to 28 mm in the mean length of the tube when the concentration increased from 0.0010 to 0.1000 mol dm^-3
-An increase of only 1 mm in the mean length of the tube when concentration increased from 0.0000 to 0.0001 mol dm^-3 i.e a very slight increase .

Thankss in advance
I highly doubt the grade boundary for an A will be above 60 - That was quite a tricky exam.
When do you reckon someone will be able to get hold of the paper so we can see it?
Original post by Daniel Atieh
ALevel96 mynameisntbobk CoolRunner - guys please check for me this answer (3 marks) where it says describe the effect of concentration on mean length of the tube...
here is what i wrote:
-A slight increase in the mean length of tube when concentration increased from 0.0000 to 0.0001 mol dm ^-3
-A decrease from 90 to 28 mm in the mean length of the tube when the concentration increased from 0.0010 to 0.1000 mol dm^-3
-An increase of only 1 mm in the mean length of the tube when concentration increased from 0.0000 to 0.0001 mol dm^-3 i.e a very slight increase .

Thankss in advance

If I'm being honest, you may only get 1 mark, for the manipulation of figures.

Original post by billyfisher100
When do you reckon someone will be able to get hold of the paper so we can see it?

Pictures were posted a few pages back.
mynameisntbobk can they gv 2? for saying abt the decrease?
mynameisntbobk can they gv 2? for saying abt the decrease?

It depends on how nice your marker is.. I think the fact that you talked about it increasing and decreasing (the change in direction) may be a mark if the examiner is nice
Original post by mynameisntbobk
It depends on how nice your marker is.. I think the fact that you talked about it increasing and decreasing (the change in direction) may be a mark if the examiner is nice

well...in the worst situation am losing about 22 marks ....in the best situation am losing abt 14 marks ...so can hit an A?
wbu hw did it go ? what r u expecting?
well...in the worst situation am losing about 22 marks ....in the best situation am losing abt 14 marks ...so can hit an A?
wbu hw did it go ? what r u expecting?

Hopefully! :smile: good luck for August.

I actually haven't marked my work with the unofficial since I can't remember most of what I did. I think though, I may have lost about 4-12 marks depending on the examiner by looking at it.
Hopefully! :smile: good luck for August.

I actually haven't marked my work with the unofficial since I can't remember most of what I did. I think though, I may have lost about 4-12 marks depending on the examiner by looking at it.

thanks! good luck to you too!
so how was ur aqa chemistry? i actually did edexcel, but am hoping for a medium A ...tho chem is my worst subject
thanks! good luck to you too!
so how was ur aqa chemistry? i actually did edexcel, but am hoping for a medium A ...tho chem is my worst subject

Thank you :smile:
Chemistry was surprisingly alright, fairly hard exam, so a lot of mistakes made, but hoping I've done enough for that. Oh right, do you think it went well then?
Thank you :smile:
Chemistry was surprisingly alright, fairly hard exam, so a lot of mistakes made, but hoping I've done enough for that. Oh right, do you think it went well then?

I did a max of 12 mistakes (checking with the unofficial ms ) 6 of them in the mcqs (what a shame ) :frown: .....this for edexcel i mean...u did aqa right?
mynameisntbobk
btw ...where is the unofficial ms for bio2??
I did a max of 12 mistakes (checking with the unofficial ms ) 6 of them in the mcqs (what a shame ) :frown: .....this for edexcel i mean...u did aqa right?

Ah okay, well that should still give you a good grade. And yeah, I did do AQA
mynameisntbobk
btw ...where is the unofficial ms for bio2??

Its posted a few pages back I think
here is what i wrote:

Thankss in advance

I reckon that will be the full 3
Another odd question was the final one, but I suppose there are quite a lot of answers for that. I put:
- Constant food supply of prairie dogs
- whether their habitat still exists or whether it is destroyed.
- whether they are in competition with a different specie who has a similar/same niche.
here is what i wrote:

Thankss in advance

1/2 I'd say. The 3rd point you're missing is that at 0.0001moldm^3 it's the optimum concentration etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending