The Student Room Group

**A2 Classical Civilisation**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natterina
Aw no! Mind you, I looked at that question and if I would have done it, I would have answered it like you did, so you're probably not the only one who did that! :smile: I hope if so many have answered like we have, or ran out of time, or just plain struggled, they might just lower the boundaries for this year! Fingers crossed!

Ahh we can hope!! :tongue:
Anyone do Alexander? D:
Reply 302
Is anyone else doing the virgil and the world of the hero paper tomorrow?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I used the argument that the more attention spent on the successors and improving their status's showed they were thinking about who to succeed them etc. Threw some quotes in so they should be happy! The mark schemes tend to give vague points then say "And any other supported argument." so they're pretty chill on what you argue as long as it relates. You guys should all be fine. :smile:
Reply 304
Original post by vm7169
Is anyone else doing the virgil and the world of the hero paper tomorrow?

Yeppp! V worried! Any predictions on questions that may come up?
Reply 305
What themes have you revised for Virgil and world of the hero?
Is anyone doing Greece in Conflict: Greece vs Persia? Or am I the only one? :/
What do you do if you think the invigilators messed up?

The exam hall was just out Classic class, which is only about 14 people. So they started early, at 1:26 (should've been 1:30).

The exam was an hour and a half long, so the time it should have finished was 3:00, but since we started 4 minutes early, 2:56.

However, I'm 90% sure we finished at 2:46. When the guy told us to stop writing, we all looked confused and he said it so quietly... I know 10 minutes isn't THAT much, but nearly my whole class came out and said we were mid-way in our final point/conclusion, and I just can't stop thinking that we got robbed of 10 minutes. >.>

Should I complain to the college, or? But of course, with the no phone rule, I couldn't take a picture of the clock so really, it's just our word of 14 students against the word of experienced invigilators. But like I said, I really am 90% sure that they stopped us before 2:56... >.>
Original post by Amelie118

My predictions are Family or Fate.
Reply 309
Original post by hannah_lou
Yeah I was really happy too :biggrin: yeah I did the book 6 q as i had actually planned that 20 marker! Did you do the first or second 40 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

me to i had already done the 20 marker before as a practice essay that my teacher gave us :smile:... i did the first one i think... the suitable role model one..
Original post by Aamna01
me to i had already done the 20 marker before as a practice essay that my teacher gave us :smile:... i did the first one i think... the suitable role model one..

That's brilliant then! Unlucky that Book 11 came up though haha. Me too :smile: so much to say about it so was a good q

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 311
That's brilliant then! Unlucky that Book 11 came up though haha. Me too :smile: so much to say about it so was a good q

Posted from TSR Mobile

i know but as soon as i saw that turning point question i was like yes!! lol.. yeah there was.. hopefully done enough :smile: what do you need in this exam?
Original post by Aamna01
i know but as soon as i saw that turning point question i was like yes!! lol.. yeah there was.. hopefully done enough :smile: what do you need in this exam?

Haha me too! Almost exactly identical in wording to a q on the old spec I had gone over! Fingers crossed was a very good paper :smile: I need an A but would be sooo happy if I did better, how about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natterina
Ah, we did the same ones then! I too tried to write everything for the 20, and it was difficult because it was practically a forty marker! That could easily have been a praetorian guard vs other factors for a forty if they'd put their minds to it, it was really unfair :frown: think I spent about five minutes trying to think what to put into it! How do you think you've done? I think I've scraped a high D or a low C, which sucks cause I need a B for uni :frown:

I know :/ I tried to cut some information out and focus on detail instead of all of the facts so I'm hoping to get a high D and the Augustus paper pull me up to a C- fingers crossed! I need a C- good luck! Hope you get a good grade :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingFalcon
My plan was to do the Claudius questions and the questions on the writers but when I looked at the Claudius questions, yeah my jaw kinda dropped :eek:

So I did the Tiberius questions and the strengths and weaknesses of the emperors instead :/

Exam was okay I think...

How did you find yours?

I'm hoping I did okay but I don't think I did very well but I don't think I did really bad either! Haha fingers crossed for good marks :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 315
Original post by Amelie118

I have attempted to learn it all from scratch the past 3 days, so kind of all of them, in a stupid chaotic sense! The last four years a question on heroism has come up in the 50 marker, so I'm kind of thinking that won't happen again though, which is sad! I mainly focused on Fate and the Role of the gods. Also a bit on Augustan values and women

Reply 316
Haha me too! Almost exactly identical in wording to a q on the old spec I had gone over! Fingers crossed was a very good paper :smile: I need an A but would be sooo happy if I did better, how about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

fingers crossed.. the 10 mark language one a bit :/ but im not really good at language questions that the only thing i wasn't happy with i guess.... i want an A because don't think i did as well on tragedy :biggrin:
Original post by Aamna01
fingers crossed.. the 10 mark language one a bit :/ but im not really good at language questions that the only thing i wasn't happy with i guess.... i want an A because don't think i did as well on tragedy :biggrin:

Ahh i don't know why the 10 markers exist tbh they waste time that could be spent doing the two bigger essays :/ can you remember what the 10 marker question on Antigone was? I was trying to remember but it's gone lol. Same, I always feel trag is harder :/ I'm sure you could get an A as it was quite a good paper :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
screwed for tomorrow morning!!!! :frown: good luck PRAY justice/revenge/fate DOES NOT COME UP.. ditto with gods (for aeneid and iliad):eek:
Original post by Jeanie_Olivia
I know :/ I tried to cut some information out and focus on detail instead of all of the facts so I'm hoping to get a high D and the Augustus paper pull me up to a C- fingers crossed! I need a C- good luck! Hope you get a good grade :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I did more analysis of what they did that was important with little to no facts! Good luck to you too!! What's your uni? :smile:

Also, I need a bit of advice. When I first started the Tib&Clau paper, I started with the forty marker, but couldn't concentrate because two teachers were having a conversation about the geography exam right in front of my table. I've been debating all weekend, should I tell one of the college directors about this? (I'm hesitant to do so because one of the teachers IS a director and I can't really see what good it would except piss off the said teacher)
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending