The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 ICT IT3 exam June 11 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I was really confident at first but now I'm starting to get slightly nervous!

I got 183 UMS at AS, and I think I got around 93 raw in my coursework this year so I'm not exactly sure what I need in the exam but I don't think it will be ridiculously high?

Anyone got any predictions for topics that are going to come up? I'm really hoping it's not security policies and networks, I hate both of those topics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dubes
I would have thought you would have known that from IT1?

I didn't question my result so I wasn't aware :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by Lucy1025
I was really confident at first but now I'm starting to get slightly nervous!

I got 183 UMS at AS, and I think I got around 93 raw in my coursework this year so I'm not exactly sure what I need in the exam but I don't think it will be ridiculously high?

Anyone got any predictions for topics that are going to come up? I'm really hoping it's not security policies and networks, I hate both of those topics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guess you want an A overall? You will need about 68 UMS which is 52 raw marks.

I did mine wrong I got 96/100 for IT4 which is 74 UMS so I need a few more marks then I said in my other post.
Reply 83
Original post by badbodydouble
I didn't question my result so I wasn't aware :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my whole class got U's in the IT1 exam last summer then this year we only have had 6 of us down from 30 last year and we all got at least D's in the exam. I got a high B. So when we revised for that we got told to just use mark schemes.
Original post by Dubes
Oh my whole class got U's in the IT1 exam last summer then this year we only have had 6 of us down from 30 last year and we all got at least D's in the exam. I got a high B. So when we revised for that we got told to just use mark schemes.

Oh gosh :frown: quite a few people in my class/year are on D's and E's at the moment. I've definitely learnt my lesson regarding the textbook now though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
I dropped 2 marks on a disability question (HCI) they ignored a point I made and dropped another mark as apparently I didn't give a specific disability, dropped 2 marks on adv/disadv of e-commerce as 2 points that I wrote were in the textbook but not the mark scheme, I dropped 3 marks on an Internet question as I didn't write enough (that was fair enough :P), a mark on disaster recovery programme as I only made 2 points on a factor, 3 marks on MIS as I put "accuracy and reliability" instead of "relevancy" and then my example of a factor didn't match the one in the mark scheme (but again it was right in the textbook), 2 marks on a security policy question (they don't give a definition in the textbook so I made one up (but since I have found one in a mark scheme and learnt it!))
Ooh I hate how finicky they are! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't a security policy question it was about code of conduct btw.

And plus they haven't asked a definition for security policy yet? whats yours?
Original post by iggyDash
It wasn't a security policy question it was about code of conduct btw.

And plus they haven't asked a definition for security policy yet? whats yours?

The question that I dropped 2 marks on was a security policy question and part of it stated "explain why the agency should have a security policy" and I had no idea as I hadn't read a clear cut answer so I had to put something off the top of my head, but according to the mark scheme, the correct answer worth 2 marks is "DPA (Data Protection Act I presume) puts onus on the Agency to keep this information secure (1) because of its potential for misuse. (1)" now where they've got that from, and how I was meant to know it I'll never know, but I suppose that's WJEC for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Its just to do with reasons why data has to be kept secure. It has been in a past paper before the one you did as I haven't used the latest paper to revise and I know it.
Reply 88
Guess if social, ethical and moral comes up it will be like an 8 mark question?

And anyone know for that question if we have to separate it into each of them or can talk about censorship, privacy, effects upon communities, ownership and accuracy separately?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by Dubes
Guess you want an A overall? You will need about 68 UMS which is 52 raw marks.

I did mine wrong I got 96/100 for IT4 which is 74 UMS so I need a few more marks then I said in my other post.

Ah yeah sorry I need an A for Uni. But that sounds achievable, thanks! (I think anyway haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by Lucy1025
Ah yeah sorry I need an A for Uni. But that sounds achievable, thanks! (I think anyway haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should be right just going to depend on if your IT4 coursework gets marked down.
Reply 91
gonna get myself ready for bed now, good luck for tomorrow everyone :smile:
Original post by alphadawg
gonna get myself ready for bed now, good luck for tomorrow everyone :smile:

Same here, good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
The exam is at 1pm yeah :colondollar:
Original post by Dubes
The exam is at 1pm yeah :colondollar:

Yep :smile: I think I might get up about 8 and do some last minute looking over notes before I head to college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Yep :smile: I think I might get up about 8 and do some last minute looking over notes before I head to college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good thought for a minute I might have got it wrong! Yeah I'm getting up at 8 and going to go over my notes to so its fresh in my mind. Going to get in at 12:30pm so have a good 4 hours after waking up to prepare.
Reply 96
I might even get up at 7 haha oh man I'm worried now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Has anyone got a definition for Data Normalisation?
It came up in January but I just want to make sure I know it incase it comes up again!
Reply 98
Original post by Cerelaaa
Has anyone got a definition for Data Normalisation?
It came up in January but I just want to make sure I know it incase it comes up again!

Suitable definition of data normalisation, such as:
A staged (mathematical) process (1) which removes repeated groups of data and
inconsistencies. (1)
Or
Simplifying data structures (1) so that attributes in each table only relate to the entity.
(1)
Or
Normalisation is the organisation of data into tables (1) which relate to a single entity.
(1)
Reply 99
Aced that exam :biggrin: I love the ICT papers, theyre so nice and easy. If I lost any marks it will only be maybe 2-4 marks :smile:

How did everyone else do? ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending