The Student Room Group

Edexcel M2/M3 June 6th/10th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by idknow
3marks???? i would be really happy but im very sceptical, as for how many you would lose probably 2 accuracy for each answer maybe and if they really aren't lenient a mark for the method so max u should only lose out on 3 but probably 2

I always think of the worst you will probably lose 1 or 2 accuracy mark depending on the mark scheme, sometime they have correct solution only for the last accuracy mark and you never know when they have it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thephysicsguy
I just remembered the whole centre of mass question and I am quiet sure about it. I will appreciate if you can double check it for me.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2z6eezt.jpg

(I was about to do the proving part aswell but I passed that to just get the answer using the formula)

I took moment directly from the base and got the same answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 742
but there is also the fact that it caused me to make a mistake in the second part hence i should lose about 3 in that as well
anyone posted solutions or anything yet? i thought arsey does this?
Original post by jakub675
too easy, finished it in about 45 mins, and decided to ask for some paper to bang out some fp3 integrations. D2 was much more challenging.

shut the **** up you c**t. I hate trolls like you.
I almost feel really guilty because you guys all seem so nice, but I actually found the paper quite nice barring Q7 (c). And I think I got what most other people are saying (although I didn't totally simplify). Bad luck guys :frown:
Original post by Jakub675
Too easy, finished it in about 45 mins, and decided to ask for some paper to bang out some fp3 integrations. D2 was much more challenging.

Oh really, i find D2 sooo easy, I finished about 40 min and just sat there, you are not so clever after all are you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cant_think_of_name
I almost feel really guilty because you guys all seem so nice, but I actually found the paper quite nice barring Q7 (c). And I think I got what most other people are saying (although I didn't totally simplify). Bad luck guys :frown:

It's okay if you find it easy. But i hate some people think they are soo clever and just insult everybody

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milliezhao
It's okay if you find it easy. But i hate some people think they are soo clever and just insult everybody

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I do find arrogance quite annoying. I mean I didn't find it easy, there have been easier papers definitely but I didn't think that it was awful except that last question really :redface:
I took moment directly from the base and got the same answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay i got 0.7 from fat end!! :smile:
Original post by koolkid1011
anyone posted solutions or anything yet? i thought arsey does this?

Arsey isn't doing M3 this year as no one at his exam centre sat the paper this year, I think he said this on the M2 thread when asked.

To all of you, I hope M3 went well! I haven't seen the paper (sat it in Jan) but judging from overall reaction here it sounds like it was a fun one.
Reply 751
Seems like I've totally messed up the SHM question, don't know where I went wrong :frown:
Somehow managed to get root 10 for a or something ARGHHH

Can anyone remember how many marks the SHM questions were? I did the proof okay
Reply 752
Original post by goodkwong
Will anyone post the solution of international M3 paper?

I'll start work on both of them as soon as Graham puts them on the Emporium. They are not there yet - maybe he's stuck in traffic!
Reply 753
Oh God, it was such an easy paper but I made so many mistakes! Lost 20 marks overall, genuinely want to cry.

Do you guys reckon 50/75 could scrape 60 UMS?
Original post by cant_think_of_name

The paper itself was alright, I just messed up the algebra in 7a and spent too long on 6... its annoying because I looked through the paper and was like oh good I know how to do all of this

Hopefully I'll get method marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomnum
Seems like I've totally messed up the SHM question, don't know where I went wrong :frown:
Somehow managed to get root 10 for a or something ARGHHH

Can anyone remember how many marks the SHM questions were? I did the proof okay

Question 6 was 14 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry, I meant 0.51 and 0.7, I was tired :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's what I got too....although for the first bit didn't it ask for the coordinates so it was 1.5 something?
(edited 10 years ago)
I thought the paper was pretty okay up until 7(a). When considering centripetal force I only wrote [mv^2]/a rather than [5mv^2]/a which led to a complete waste of time trying to figure out where I went wrong [and I never did find the problem until I talked to someone after the exam]. I then rushed through 7(b) and (c) thinking that I had my equation for v^2 wrong as I couldn't get part (a), luckily I didn't. But I didn't have time to check the rest of the paper, so I would really like a solutions thread just to see whether I have a chance of that 90+UMS.
Original post by LShirley95
I thought the paper was pretty okay up until 7(a). When considering centripetal force I only wrote [mv^2]/a rather than [5mv^2]/a which led to a complete waste of time trying to figure out where I went wrong [and I never did find the problem until I talked to someone after the exam]. I then rushed through 7(b) and (c) thinking that I had my equation for v^2 wrong as I couldn't get part (a), luckily I didn't. But I didn't have time to check the rest of the paper, so I would really like a solutions thread just to see whether I have a chance of that 90+UMS.

I did that first bit initially and realised my mistake.the last bit was a pain, but doable. I was just getting negative where I didn't want them :tongue:
It was a par paper but I somehow messed up the COM by expanding it with I shouldnt have :/ and ended up with a 7x^2 instead of a 6X^2. That cost me marks because then part b would've been wrong too :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending