This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Feeling a bit urgh. ED triggery.

Spoiler

Original post by IDukem
So worn out and tired mentally, when can I get a break away just for a while, where I don't worry about anything? It would be so nice.

I think lots of people on here would recognise this feeling. I always think that it is vastly underestimated just how exhausting just existing can be when you are also battling mental health issues. Like climbing a hill with a weight on your back while other people skip past. It takes real guts and bravery which I see and read about on this thread every day.

I hope you can get some kind of break soon even if its just getting out somewhere beautiful for a walk.

Hug.

:smile:
Original post by octoberbaby
At a loss for how to explain how I feel. I just don't like people or life today.

:hugs: do you know if anything may have triggered it or is it just random? It's probably just a one day thing and you'll be back to normal after a good rest. Hope you feel better tomorrow.
PM me if you wanna talk about anything and I'll get back to you as soon as I can :smile:
Happy thoughts! What's your favourite memory/ person/ pet etc? Relax and listen to some music. Try not to let it get you down, It will pass soon enough. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
urgh started talking to someone that will be in my block at uni and we were both saying it'll be nice to know someone and it was making me feel better and then i majorly put my foot in it with a really close friend and i feel awful. all i do is push people away cause i'm ****.
Original post by Kindred
:hugs: do you know if anything may have triggered it or is it just random? It's probably just a one day thing and you'll be back to normal after a good rest. Hope you feel better tomorrow.
PM me if you wanna talk about anything and I'll get back to you as soon as I can :smile:
Happy thoughts! What's your favourite memory/ person/ pet etc? Relax and listen to some music. Try not to let it get you down, It will pass soon enough. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks. i hope it passes asap.
Original post by catoswyn
Fantastic! Two days could maybe build up with extra hours too.... some places only like to offer part time but can offer extra hours over and above that. I know someone who was taken on for ten hours a week but then built up to full time. Best thing is he can always say 'no' he can't do the extra as technically he's only contracted for the ten. So he can choose when he wants to work and earn the extra money.

Good luck.

Yeah its just for summer. But it means i can save up a bit of cash ready for moving out. Its just saturdays and sundays cooking and waitressing in a local farm visitor centre place. Ironically the same place i got my first job, but its now under new owners :smile:
There on friday for 2 hours and hopefully saturday aswell like trial type stuff. :smile:

Original post by ANONYM00SE
PRSOM!!

------------------

Been to psychiatrist again today, nothing she can do about my crazy vivid dreams/nightmares but she said she's never ever had anyone have them on this medication... awkward.. but we decided I should persevere with it. She made me feel a lot more positive about life. She always does. She is amazeballs. If it wasn't weird I would probably try to adopt her... She makes me happy again temporarily. Got to go back again in July. Feel sort of guilty because I'll be draining my dad's bank account, dread to think how many thousands he's spent over the years on my mental health :/ oh well..

EDIT: also got rejected for a job at Tesco...... actually made me laugh.. usually I would be really upset about a job rejection.. I guess the meds are making me take things less personally? I dunnooo

Thanks hun :smile: had a productive day. Even saw my sister and felt her baby kick and stuff :smile: but going down hill kinda fast riggt now :frown: all because im restless :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
urgh started talking to someone that will be in my block at uni and we were both saying it'll be nice to know someone and it was making me feel better and then i majorly put my foot in it with a really close friend and i feel awful. all i do is push people away cause i'm ****.

thanks. i hope it passes asap.

It's cool that you're already getting to know somebody from your block. Everyone makes mistakes, I'm sure they will understand and it'll be history in no time. Don't be too hard on yourself, what's done is done. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good day, exhausting though. Went to shopping with my mum to look at ideas for redoing my bedroom. Ended up running backwards and forwards around the store all day so my legs ache, but it took my mind off yesterday's session nicely and got me out if the house. I also took a train! I was rather worried about that cos I don't always do too well on trains but it was fine. :smile:
spending tomorrow and Thursday with friends then off to see my grandad for Father's Day. This week is looking rather interesting... Although I will have to sleep in an unfamiliar hotel for a night which may be a bit stressful. All in all things are looking good :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
so apparently my GP says im not fit to work (im doing that well at the whole life thing apparently :tongue:) but anyway according to the internet this means I get Income Support of like £87.80 a week cause I get DLA anyway (plus housing benefit if/when I move out), so apparently I just have to do/claim this and then that's okay, I don't know how/if that affects my doing a BTEC though? (which is what I want to do come September in IT as a way of looking at that as a career option)

so it's all a bit confusing but the good news I guess is that I don't have to find a job or get JSA which means no stress of that (which trust me with me is a good thing :tongue:) but I just have to figure out how it affects me in terms of education.

not sure if this means good morning or bad, still a bit confuzzled by it all tbh.
My girlfriend is currently getting her PhD viva result. So nervous for her I could throw up. Having to sit in a really loud coffee shop isn't helping me feel less like my heart is about to explode.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just called a friend to see if we could hang out today and she's with one of the people that I'm finding really triggering atm :frown:
Reply 2450
Way to get free prescriptions: Act so pathetically pathetic that your care coordinator actually begs to pick yours up for you. :teehee:

:emo:

Seriously though, prescriptions are pricey. It would have cost me near enough £24 for less than 2 weeks' worth of drugs. Should probably buy a prepaid certificate or whatever, but that requires forward planning and I can't justify the initial cost when I'm not going to be around to take advantage of it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sultana
Way to get free prescriptions: Act so pathetically pathetic that your care coordinator actually begs to pick yours up for you. :teehee:

Seriously though, prescriptions are pricey. It would have cost me near enough £24 for less than 2 weeks' worth of drugs. Should probably buy a prepaid certificate or whatever, but that requires forward planning and I can't justify the initial cost when I'm not going to be around to take advantage of it.

:jumphug: Aw, that's really nice of her! Have you looked into applying for a HC2 certificate? Mine is an absolute godsend... Free prescriptions, dental, money off glasses...

If you want, you can PM me your number and I can text you or whatever to make sure you're safe? And you are awesome, lovely!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sultana

offering myself as someone you can talk to to keep yourself safe. don't mind if you pm me or we can swap numbers/skype. whatever you need. Will also be checking up on you to see that you're online and safe. I hope you're okay, don't hesitate to ask if you need anything x :hugs:
(edited 10 years ago)
Just a very quick message guys:

I'm away on holiday to my brothers :h: so I won't be around for a few weeks at least! So hope youse all stay safe :smile: :hugs: Have a lovely summer! xx
Really shouldn't have brought that up in session. Now I keep going back to it and worrying. Why did I have to remind myself!? I'm such an idiot! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just called a friend to see if we could hang out today and she's with one of the people that I'm finding really triggering atm :frown:

:hugs:
May make you feel better to know it took me 3 tries to spell "hugs" right :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
May make you feel better to know it took me 3 tries to spell "hugs" right :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

bless you
Reply 2457
Original post by catoswyn
I think lots of people on here would recognise this feeling. I always think that it is vastly underestimated just how exhausting just existing can be when you are also battling mental health issues. Like climbing a hill with a weight on your back while other people skip past. It takes real guts and bravery which I see and read about on this thread every day.

I hope you can get some kind of break soon even if its just getting out somewhere beautiful for a walk.

Hug.

It saps all the energy out of me and i'm constantly running on fumes it seems. My ill power is really strong though and so I just can't quit or give up, I have to keep on going until I have no choice but to stop. That's a blessing and a curse for me, being a perfectionist comes with great rewards but also great despair and tiredness. I put a lot of effort into pretty much everything I do and usually pour all my hart and soul in things and I get frustrated and upset quickly if something doesn't feel quite right. People say it's cause I worry too much and I should stop, I say that's true but they're failing to realise that I do it cause I care and I care about other people and not wanting to let them down. But a lot of people just flat-out don't see that some times :

I'm approaching the end of the year and a big break does appear to be insight. I get little breaks, but I want a big break cause I feel like earned one through working hard through the worst time of my life and STILL working my backside off to keep everyone happy, even if at times I have to fight through a depressive episode.

But thank you for the hug and sorry for the rant :colondollar: It felt a little good I must admit :redface: I hope all is well in your world :smile:

Reply 2458
Original post by -FireFlies-
Just a very quick message guys:

I'm away on holiday to my brothers :h: so I won't be around for a few weeks at least! So hope youse all stay safe :smile: :hugs: Have a lovely summer! xx

Have fun!! You deserve all the fun you can get :h: :hugs:
Original post by SciFiRory
so apparently my GP says im not fit to work (im doing that well at the whole life thing apparently :tongue:) but anyway according to the internet this means I get Income Support of like £87.80 a week cause I get DLA anyway (plus housing benefit if/when I move out), so apparently I just have to do/claim this and then that's okay, I don't know how/if that affects my doing a BTEC though? (which is what I want to do come September in IT as a way of looking at that as a career option)

so it's all a bit confusing but the good news I guess is that I don't have to find a job or get JSA which means no stress of that (which trust me with me is a good thing :tongue:) but I just have to figure out how it affects me in terms of education.

not sure if this means good morning or bad, still a bit confuzzled by it all tbh.

It can be very stressful to get through the benefit system at the moment!! You are welcome to PM me as you go along if you hit any problems or difficulties. Hopefully not but you never know. Also a care co-ordinator may be able to refer you to their welfare advice people who can help.

If you are asked to go for an assessment with ATOS you are welcome to PM me for advice beforehand and there are also lots of advice agencies on line about this. It is all doable but you probably need some support.

Good luck,

(edited 10 years ago)

Latest