The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Applicants & Offers Chat Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Received an offer from Manchester metropolitan uni and it's my first choice!
Studying a combined honours in Business Enterprise and Marketing.
Just wondered if there's anyone else out planning on going there as well? Anyone studying a similar course? And also halls, I have no idea which ones to go for, is there any current students that can offer some advice on which ones are best?

Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 321
Hopefully I will, if I meet the grades, to study Accounting and Finance.
Applied for Daisy Bank halls as a first choice (You get a choice of 4) as it is the cheapest en-suite.
I'd suggest you apply for accommodation now as you firmed it (Been open since April) :biggrin:
Reply 322
I will be studying something completely different; Physiotherapy but also put Daisy Bank as my first choice!
I think I'm in as I did an access course but it's not quite been confirmed. When do you guys find out?!
Reply 323
Original post by nicky5885
I will be studying something completely different; Physiotherapy but also put Daisy Bank as my first choice!
I think I'm in as I did an access course but it's not quite been confirmed. When do you guys find out?!

Results day in August ! :smile:
Reply 324
I'm going! (Hopefully!) will be studying law :smile: I applied for Cambridge Halls as my first choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 325
Original post by paganpizzaparty
I've firmed Law and I will hopefully be staying in Cambridge halls weee!!!

Me too!! Exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ebduff
I'm going! (Hopefully!) will be studying law :smile: I applied for Cambridge Halls as my first choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge halls :O They're shockingly disgusting flats them are. You bedroom walls will be just brick work painted over with a white coat of paint.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 327
Original post by MrShazzyMan
Cambridge halls :O They're shockingly disgusting flats them are. You bedroom walls will be just brick work painted over with a white coat of paint.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well then I shall put posters on the wall...not that hard a problem to solve. I've seen the flats and they were fine when I went.
Better than Cavendish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ebduff
Well then I shall put posters on the wall...not that hard a problem to solve. I've seen the flats and they were fine when I went.
Better than Cavendish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good point. But you should see the state of some of the student rooms who live in Oxford court where I've been staying for my first year. One girl had empty cigarette boxes stuck to shelf like loads of em. and you really don't mind sharing your toilet with a bunch of other people?
Reply 329
Original post by MrShazzyMan
Good point. But you should see the state of some of the student rooms who live in Oxford court where I've been staying for my first year. One girl had empty cigarette boxes stuck to shelf like loads of em. and you really don't mind sharing your toilet with a bunch of other people?

Well I'm glad I'm not on Oxford then :wink:
Not really no, most people share a bathroom in their house, you manage with that! There's usually 2 toilets between 8-10 of you, I'm sure ill manage xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 330
Hopefully I'll be there in September aswell studying events management :smile:
Got a conditional for International Business studies, with a year working. Just a little worried about the offer I got though, If I don't get my points what do I do? Do I just call them straight away and see if they'll let me in or? Oh, and I've applied for Cambridge Halls, parrttttttyyyy!
Reply 332
Who's going to be starting Manchester Metropolitan University in September 2013?
Original post by HiccupingDuck
Got a conditional for International Business studies, with a year working. Just a little worried about the offer I got though, If I don't get my points what do I do? Do I just call them straight away and see if they'll let me in or? Oh, and I've applied for Cambridge Halls, parrttttttyyyy!

You either call them and see if they'll still take you, see if you have enough for your insurance and go there instead or decline your insurance and see if you can go through clearing to get on a similar course with places left.
Reply 334
Hey guys!

I'm looking to start getting to know people who may be on my course this year! :smile:

So excited to finally be going to Uni as it took me a fair few years longer to get here so it would also be great to hear off any "mature" students out there too!
Reply 335
Original post by -Olivia-300609
Hi!
I'll (hopefully) be doing film and media! Quite looking forward to it, it looks really interesting!

I'm doing Film and Media at MMU aswell! So excited, but curious as to whether we will be doing any production? And have you applied for accomodation yet?
Reply 336
I'll be going to MMU in september, Criminology and Forensic Science. :smile:
Fyi there is a thread (sticky'd) at the top of the subforum for chat about this!
You'll probably get more people welcoming you/replying to you over there :smile:

Congratulations on your place though, it's alright here at MMU :tongue:
Hi,

This probably isn't all that relevant to the thread, but I saw a MMU graduate from 2012 is racing in the legendary Le Mans 24 hours race at the weekend which doesn't happen everyday, so thought I'd post a link.

http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/200611148-obscurity-spotlight-manchester-graduate-targets-top-five-finish-le-mans-24hours-d%C3%A9

Thanks
Reply 339
Hey, has anyone put Man Met as their insurance? And if so, do we have to wait until results day to apply for accommodation? Say if we don't get into our firm choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending