The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Physics P4P5P6 - 18/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
Do you find the past papers really help your learning or are you just doing it to test yourself?

Both, because sometimes I feel I know a topic really well but then past papers reveal weaknesses which I wasn't aware of...and it also helps me to understand what the questions were asking for when I go through the mark scheme :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Same here- I keep managing to confuse different features of generators and motors up :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Urgh I know right, and those pesky relays and logic gates :frown: At least when if do the Fleming's left hand rule hand gesture on Tuesday the invigilators will be intrigued by the dance move...:biggrin:
Reply 242
Does swapping the polarity of the DC supply mean changing the direction of the current?
Original post by DeadUnicorn
Urgh I know right, and those pesky relays and logic gates :frown: At least when if do the Fleming's left hand rule hand gesture on Tuesday the invigilators will be intrigued by the dance move...:biggrin:

Haha, we should use this opportunity wisely... :colone:
Reply 244
How much have you guys revised so far? :redface:
Original post by Red Fox
Does swapping the polarity of the DC supply mean changing the direction of the current?

Yes, I think so, because switching the polarity would mean the magnetic field direction is reversed, so that switches the direction of the current :cool:
Original post by andersson
How much have you guys revised so far? :redface:

I've revised the first half of P4 and the first half of P6, although I was planning to do all of P6 today but I spend too long in trying to understand and assimilate the first half, that I thought I would be overloading my brain if I did the rest today. :colondollar:

Tomorrow, I'll have to do the rest of P6, and P4 and then spend the morning on monday to do P5. :cool:

How much have you done so far? :smile:
Reply 247
I've revised the first half of P4 and the first half of P6, although I was planning to do all of P6 today but I spend too long in trying to understand and assimilate the first half, that I thought I would be overloading my brain if I did the rest today. :colondollar:

Tomorrow, I'll have to do the rest of P6, and P4 and then spend the morning on monday to do P5. :cool:

Sounds good! Don't cram too much but don't leave it too late... it's quite hard to balance between the two :lol:

I've revised all of P4 and I'm just starting P5 now. I revise slowly though because I do questions on what I learned and mark it too so it's really stuck in my mind :colondollar:

It's annoying because I have Geography on Monday so I have to balance my revision. Physics is your last one, is it not?
Sounds good! Don't cram too much but don't leave it too late... it's quite hard to balance between the two :lol:

I've revised all of P4 and I'm just starting P5 now. I revise slowly though because I do questions on what I learned and mark it too so it's really stuck in my mind :colondollar:

It's annoying because I have Geography on Monday so I have to balance my revision. Physics is your last one, is it not?

:no: I have one more exam after this one- Statistics which is on Monday the week after physics :smile:
:no: I have one more exam after this one- Statistics which is on Monday the week after physics :smile:

Same as me :five:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Cool, do you have statistics as well then (if so, which exam board)? :cool:
Reply 251

As in A level maths or is it GCSE? Anyways good luck guys! At least you have a lot of time to revise without needing to revise for other stuff.

Do either of you have the physics specimen paper? Is so could you post it here please? :smile:

P.S: 10 more posts l'Evil! Ahhh

How do you revise??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool, do you have statistics as well then (if so, which exam board)? :cool:

Edexcel
As in A level maths or is it GCSE? Anyways good luck guys! At least you have a lot of time to revise without needing to revise for other stuff.

Do either of you have the physics specimen paper? Is so could you post it here please? :smile:

P.S: 10 more posts l'Evil! Ahhh

:zomg:
Edexcel

I'm on Edexcel as well (for GCSE Statistics) :wink:

Final countdown: 8 more posts :L
Is this exam in the morning or afternoon ?
Original post by sarahiscool

Morning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by benwalters1996
How do you revise??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I use the specification as a checklist, go through the checklist, see what I know, recall information and then read through the relevant topic in my revision guide. Then to finish off the day, I'm doing 2/3 past papers from the old syllabus :cool:
Reply 258
Original post by sarahiscool

Morning

Edit: ^ lol someone already said it before me
Reply 259

Was this your first account on TSR?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending