The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Brighton Firmer's 2013

Hey guys and girls,

Just thought it would be a nice idea to have a thread for all the prospective Uni students who have made Brighton their Firm choice for next year.

I've done just that.

My firm choice is Computer Science (Games), Moulsecoomb Campus. My choices for accommodation are for Varley Park (my first 4), and Moulsecoomb Place (my 5th and 6th).

Just a chance to share some info. Have a chat, and give some friendly advice.

Enjoy.
Original post by GeorgeV
Hey guys and girls,

Just thought it would be a nice idea to have a thread for all the prospective Uni students who have made Brighton their Firm choice for next year.

I've done just that.

My firm choice is Computer Science (Games), Moulsecoomb Campus. My choices for accommodation are for Varley Park (my first 4), and Moulsecoomb Place (my 5th and 6th).

Just a chance to share some info. Have a chat, and give some friendly advice.

Enjoy.

Hi,

I've firmed Brighton for MPharm Pharmacy at the Moulsecoomb campus. :smile: My accommodation choices are:

1st Preference: Falmer - Paddock Field - Single En Suite Self Catered
2nd Preference: Varley - Woodland/Downland Lodge - Single En Suite Self Catered
3rd Preference: Varley - Cliffe/Firle House - Single En Suite Self Catered
4th Preference: Varley - Hub Building - Single En Suite Self Catered
5th Preference: Phoenix - Phoenix - Single En Suite Self Catered
6th Preference: Unihomes - Brighton - Single Self Catered.

So have you got your Student Finance sorted? I just got my confirmation yesterday that my application was granted and that I just need to send them my bank account details.
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Hiiiiii

I'm going to be doing textiles and business at thee grand parade campus :smile:
however this is so weird, when I did my application a few weeks ago for accommodation I only got to choose 4 options.

Anyway I chose Phoenix brewery as my #1 as its just practical being so close and then a further 3 at Varley park because they're all sooo nice.

Also does anyone know anything about bursaries/ when we get info on applying?
im doing film and screen studies :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by thegodofgod
Hi,

I've firmed Brighton for MPharm Pharmacy at the Moulsecoomb campus. :smile: My accommodation choices are:

1st Preference: Falmer - Paddock Field - Single En Suite Self Catered
2nd Preference: Varley - Woodland/Downland Lodge - Single En Suite Self Catered
3rd Preference: Varley - Cliffe/Firle House - Single En Suite Self Catered
4th Preference: Varley - Hub Building - Single En Suite Self Catered
5th Preference: Phoenix - Phoenix - Single En Suite Self Catered
6th Preference: Unihomes - Brighton - Single Self Catered.

So have you got your Student Finance sorted? I just got my confirmation yesterday that my application was granted and that I just need to send them my bank account details.

Haven't got Student Finance completely sorted, had a lovely caffaffle about them getting proof of my parents income, but I rung them up and they at least told me they have the proof and it will be a couple of weeks til I get the declaration to sign.

Have you heard anything about accommodation yet? I got my 1st choice which is your 2nd only apparently it was a mis-print and it's now catered rather than self catered.

Original post by megandoggett
Hiiiiii

I'm going to be doing textiles and business at thee grand parade campus :smile:
however this is so weird, when I did my application a few weeks ago for accommodation I only got to choose 4 options.

Anyway I chose Phoenix brewery as my #1 as its just practical being so close and then a further 3 at Varley park because they're all sooo nice.

Also does anyone know anything about bursaries/ when we get info on applying?

When I looked up for bursary information, all I could find is that the Uni get our information from UCAS and if we're eleigible for anything then they'll contact us and there's nothing for us to do apart from wait.
Original post by GeorgeV
Haven't got Student Finance completely sorted, had a lovely caffaffle about them getting proof of my parents income, but I rung them up and they at least told me they have the proof and it will be a couple of weeks til I get the declaration to sign.

Have you heard anything about accommodation yet? I got my 1st choice which is your 2nd only apparently it was a mis-print and it's now catered rather than self catered.

When I looked up for bursary information, all I could find is that the Uni get our information from UCAS and if we're eleigible for anything then they'll contact us and there's nothing for us to do apart from wait.

I haven't heard anything from the Accommodation people, have you paid the deposit for your flat yet? I've got a meeting with Santander the day after A level results day, to open a new student bank account with them :smile:
Reply 6
I haven't heard anything from the Accommodation people, have you paid the deposit for your flat yet? I've got a meeting with Santander the day after A level results day, to open a new student bank account with them :smile:

I'm going for the Santander student account - a four year railcard is too good to pass up! Although NatWest sent me an email telling me they will automatically turn my current account into a student account on the 8th of September - they don't even know if I'm going to university or not!

Hopefully it won't cause a conflict of having multiple student accounts - whilst I currently bank with NatWest, for the purposes of being a student, I'll be going with Santander - I already have a savings account with them anyway.
Reply 7

I haven't payed a deposit yet, their email only told me what halls I'll be in, and that I'll get notified of a room number mid-late august and have to pay the deposit within 7 days of that.
Hey! Does anyone know if we will be moving in like a week ahead of our course start date? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

Just so you're aware, the first payment isn't a deposit it's a first instalment of rent. If you have been offered accommodation, the amount will be shown on the offer screen, along with details of how to pay.

The standard move in date for most halls of residence is 28th/29th September. Great Wilkins moves in the weekend before and Unihomes have different dates again, but you should be advised of this by the Accommodation Office.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by GeorgeV

Hi I'm going to be studying textiles Ba this year at Brighton and accommodating at the grand parade campus, so excited! Not sure about the bursary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending