The Student Room Group

Need Help with Decision!

Hiii! Im an international student from the US and applied to start Uni in September. Honestly I have entirely no clue who’s offer I should accept. As of right now I’m leaning towards Brighton or Goldsmiths, but I would love to hear opinions regarding student life, the programs, the area, etc.
Offers Received
Unconditional
- Birkbeck: Art History w Curating
- Goldsmiths: Curating
- Uni of Brighton: Fashion and Design History
Conditional
- Arts Uni Bournemouth: Curating
Lmk what your thoughts are. Thanks!! <3
Original post by keirabanuelos28
Hiii! Im an international student from the US and applied to start Uni in September. Honestly I have entirely no clue who’s offer I should accept. As of right now I’m leaning towards Brighton or Goldsmiths, but I would love to hear opinions regarding student life, the programs, the area, etc.
Offers Received
Unconditional
Conditional

Birkbeck and Goldsmiths are in London, which is in my opinion a pretty great place. It's a beautiful place with a gazillion things to do. Heavy on the wallet though! Goldsmiths is based in southeast London though, so a bit far from the fun bits of town (but it isn't a mayor problem, and probably cheaper as a consequence). Birkbeck is based in Bloomsbury, which is quite a nice area of London, right in the centre, pretty old buildings all around, lots of museums nearby, plus you'd have UCL and Senate House within a literal five minute walk. Senate House is a nice place to go study and its library is dedicated to the arts and the humanities, so you'd have a trove of resources for your degree right at your doorstep.

Brighton and Bournemouth are coastal cities and much smaller than London, so they'd be a lot different. I have regrettably never been to Brighton in my life, although I hear it can be a very nice place. I've been to Bournemouth and it failed to make much of an impression on me. Nothing noteworthy to report, neither good nor bad, although my visit there was extremely brief so don't take my word for it! I'd imagine Bournemouth and Brighton would be better if you preferred a more relaxed environment, since London is a very fast paced place.

P.S.: Birkbeck primarily does evening teaching, 6.30-9.00PM, I think? Something to consider.
Original post by keirabanuelos28
Offers Received
Unconditional
Conditional
Hi @keirabanuelos28 :biggrin:

Congratulations on all of your offers!

Brighton is in the top 10 UK best student cities. Our city is forward-thinking, vibrant and inclusive as welcoming as it is exciting. The university has three campuses across Brighton, all within easy reach of the city centre, the beach and some beautiful countryside.

Brighton is the perfect place for creatives as there are many events that run in Brighton throughout the year and our students are often involved in these and create strong industry links, preparing them for their future.

Graduates from the History of Art and Design programme hold senior positions at the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Royal Ontario Museum in Canada and the Edinburgh College of Art and many take up careers in museums, galleries, heritage sites, arts administration and auction houses.

You can chat to our current students about their experiences at The University of Brighton and how they find living in Brighton City.

I hope this is helpful! If you have any questions let us know :h:

Best of luck with your offers!

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending