The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Psychology: G544: Approaches and Research Methods - Monday 17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by clonedmemories
Did it matter if our study had no conditions? Everyone else was talking about how they did theirs with groups of participants (male/female, age etc) whereas mine was just looking at attitudes in general. Otherwise, I didn't find it too bad!

I didn't put mine into conditions either, just a questionnaire on attitudes. Im sure the only thing the instructions specified was that it was a questionnaire on a self-selected sample...I hope! :smile:
Reply 621
Original post by mkhan9035
Dude, calm down I only blagged it cause i didn't revise it properly idgaf

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am calm, just asking some questions man, we all took the same exam, I just want to find out what other people have written. I'm kind of offended by your stance.
Reply 622
Original post by Jakez123
I am calm, just asking some questions man, we all took the same exam, I just want to find out what other people have written. I'm kind of offended by your stance.

I'm just curious, but what kind of stuff did you write for the outline the nature-nurture debate? I just want to compare my answer with someone else :tongue:
Reply 623

There's nothing offensive about what i said to you! If your idea about "discussing" exams is putting people down about what they write then you're being offensive! It probably did say "assess the reliability of the questionnaires" and you're probably right but in the heat of the moment i thought it was asking about test-retest etc whatever i did it wrong, so what big deal, i know what grade i need to get to get into uni, so take your attitude elsewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 624
Original post by Aliyaa
I'm just curious, but what kind of stuff did you write for the outline the nature-nurture debate? I just want to compare my answer with someone else :tongue:

Well, from past mark schemes I remembered that examples of studies were not needed for full marks.

So I just wrote down:

The Nature-Nurture debate is the extent of which behaviour can be said to result from our biology, genes and hormones (Nature) or our interaction with others and the environment (Nurture).

I guess you could further bolster your answer by providing studies which fit into each category but I did not do that.
Original post by imi.byrne
I didn't put mine into conditions either, just a questionnaire on attitudes. Im sure the only thing the instructions specified was that it was a questionnaire on a self-selected sample...I hope! :smile:

Yeah, that's what I picked up on as well and I have a habit of underlining every important point in the question to make sure I'm answering about the right thing. It never outright said it, so I hope we've done okay! Which topic did you pick?
Reply 626
Well, from past mark schemes I remembered that examples of studies were not needed for full marks.

So I just wrote down:

The Nature-Nurture debate is the extent of which behaviour can be said to result from our biology, genes and hormones (Nature) or our interaction with others and the environment (Nurture).

I guess you could further bolster your answer by providing studies which fit into each category but I did not do that.

Ahhh right! I pretty much said that too, just not as well written. All the relevant points were there so I guess it'll do aha. Thanks!
Is it wrong to have a rating scale questionaire part of a question to ask p's how stressed they felt on a scale of 1 to 10????
Original post by Aliyaa

I said that the NN debate discusses how we acquire particular behaviours; are they learnt, as the nurture side of the debate suggests, or are they innate and present from birth, as supported by the nature side. The nature element of the debate looks at our genes and other biological factors, and is often linked to the physiological approach. On the other hand, the nurture side suggests that we are all born a blank slate and learn everything after birth, as supported by the behaviourist perspective.
Original post by revise7869
Is it wrong to have a rating scale questionaire part of a question to ask p's how stressed they felt on a scale of 1 to 10????

Nope, that sounds fine to me!
Reply 630
Original post by mkhan9035
There's nothing offensive about what i said to you! If your idea about "discussing" exams is putting people down about what they write then you're being offensive! It probably did say "assess the reliability of the questionnaires" and you're probably right but in the heat of the moment i thought it was asking about test-retest etc whatever i did it wrong, so what big deal, i know what grade i need to get to get into uni, so take your attitude elsewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

All I simply did was clarify what the actual question said, never did I once put you down in any way, shape or form. I do not have an attitude, this forum is for us students to talk and discuss the psychology exam, you seem to be enforcing some idea that you're being attacked. I am not attacking you, I simply pointed something out and corrected you. I believe you really need to calm down, you're over-escalating the situation.
Reply 631
I said that the NN debate discusses how we acquire particular behaviours; are they learnt, as the nurture side of the debate suggests, or are they innate and present from birth, as supported by the nature side. The nature element of the debate looks at our genes and other biological factors, and is often linked to the physiological approach. On the other hand, the nurture side suggests that we are all born a blank slate and learn everything after birth, as supported by the behaviourist perspective.

4 marks there for sure! That's a really good answer o: Thanks!
Reply 632
Yeah, that's what I picked up on as well and I have a habit of underlining every important point in the question to make sure I'm answering about the right thing. It never outright said it, so I hope we've done okay! Which topic did you pick?

Omg haha same! I'm there with my highlighter for all the key words cos I'm so ditzy I know I'd miss something if not haha :frown: I'm positive there was no mention of using experimental conditions etc. but I'm sure that means you could choose whether you wanted to do so or not and you wouldn't be marked down for your choice, only your quality of writing :smile: I did attitudes to stress and put up posters in a sixth form and students could come and answer a questionnaire :smile: then I did nature/nurture for B(: you?
Reply 633

Wow, that's a really good response =)
Reply 634
All I simply did was clarify what the actual question said, never did I once put you down in any way, shape or form. I do not have an attitude, this forum is for us students to talk and discuss the psychology exam, you seem to be enforcing some idea that you're being attacked. I am not attacking you, I simply pointed something out and corrected you. I believe you really need to calm down, you're over-escalating the situation.

Look clever clogs, no one's attacking you so chill your beans and yes the forum is for students to talk, not boast about whats right and wrong, i got hat you meant when you said i answered it wrong, and i accepted that, but you didn't have to act fly when you said "how was the outline of n/n hard?" So stop banging on about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 635
Original post by revise7869

I did that too! I did examples of open questions, forced choice questions and rating scales and my teacher said that was ok :smile:
Reply 636
Omg haha same! I'm there with my highlighter for all the key words cos I'm so ditzy I know I'd miss something if not haha :frown: I'm positive there was no mention of using experimental conditions etc. but I'm sure that means you could choose whether you wanted to do so or not and you wouldn't be marked down for your choice, only your quality of writing :smile: I did attitudes to stress and put up posters in a sixth form and students could come and answer a questionnaire :smile: then I did nature/nurture for B(: you?

Woop i did the same as you feel better someone did something similar to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aliyaa
4 marks there for sure! That's a really good answer o: Thanks!

Thank you :smile: How did you find the rest of the paper generally?

I did attitudes towards the death penalty and said that I'd use an online questionnaire linked in a thread on a student forum (AKA TSR :wink: )And then I also did nature/nurture!

There definitely wasn't a mention of conditions, or even the word experiment, so I'm hoping we're okay! I was just worried mine would be more like an opinion poll than a study!
Reply 639
I did attitudes towards the death penalty and said that I'd use an online questionnaire linked in a thread on a student forum (AKA TSR :wink: )And then I also did nature/nurture!

There definitely wasn't a mention of conditions, or even the word experiment, so I'm hoping we're okay! I was just worried mine would be more like an opinion poll than a study!

That sounds really good! And very clever using an online forum haha! I definitely think you'll be fine :smile: good luck with the rest of your exams/results day! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending