The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Psychology: G544: Approaches and Research Methods - Monday 17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Did anyone say they would do a pilot study to find out what questions were appropriate to use before conducting the real study using a final questionnaire? This is what I wrote, it seemed to add a bit more detail and made me answer longer, do people think this was okay to do? I just had a brain wave during the exam to say I would first do a pilot study :smile:
Original post by Aliyaa
Very true haha and that's really reassuring (: Ah jeez, really?? The fact that you finished it all with 5 minutes to spare is really impressive!! I started my exam by doing the 12 marker and went a little overboard writing 3 pages :colondollar: messed up my timings for everything else lol. When I reached 45 minutes I had to move onto section A even though 8e was incomplete. I managed to finish it all in the end though which is all that matters! :smile:

3 pages!? Wow, that's impressive! I tend not to listen to the whole 45/45 thing, because section A usually doesn't tale me any more than 30-35, which is pretty helpful for section B! Anyway, if we finished in the end, then that's not a problem however you do the paper :smile:
Reply 662
Original post by dazza1801
Did anyone say they would do a pilot study to find out what questions were appropriate to use before conducting the real study using a final questionnaire? This is what I wrote, it seemed to add a bit more detail and made me answer longer, do people think this was okay to do? I just had a brain wave during the exam to say I would first do a pilot study :smile:

I didn't include a pilot study but now I'm wishing I had! I am sure you will pick up marks for that as it is applicable to questionnaires
Reply 663
Original post by josew27
I didn't include a pilot study but now I'm wishing I had! I am sure you will pick up marks for that as it is applicable to questionnaires

Well, that is good to hear :smile: You know, I am really pleased with how this exam went, I was really dreading it as I have THE worst cold ever and doing the exam was the last thing on my mind this morning :s-smilie: Maybe I should get a cold before an exam more often lol :smile:
Reply 664
Well, that is good to hear :smile: You know, I am really pleased with how this exam went, I was really dreading it as I have THE worst cold ever and doing the exam was the last thing on my mind this morning :s-smilie: Maybe I should get a cold before an exam more often lol :smile:

lol yeah I do think it was quite a nice exam to be honest, a lot better than the options paper for me!
Reply 665
Original post by josew27
lol yeah I do think it was quite a nice exam to be honest, a lot better than the options paper for me!

Totally the same for me, options did not go as well, the questions in options were good, I just ran out of time, and only really half answered two of the 15 markers! Oh well, hopefully I have made up for it in this exam :smile: What grade are you hoping to achieve? :smile:
Original post by imi.byrne
My distracted question was 'do you have any siblings? If so, how many?" And urm no I don't think so, atleast not intentionally haha! But all these damned studies are so imprinted on my brain I probably used them without thinking haha :smile:

Lol yours was alot better
Reply 667
Totally the same for me, options did not go as well, the questions in options were good, I just ran out of time, and only really half answered two of the 15 markers! Oh well, hopefully I have made up for it in this exam :smile: What grade are you hoping to achieve? :smile:

yeah I was hoping for a question on stress and there wasn't one, not in january or june, so that was slightly annoying. Yeah hopefully! I got an A at AS so I am aiming for an A overall, you?
Reply 668
Original post by josew27
yeah I was hoping for a question on stress and there wasn't one, not in january or june, so that was slightly annoying. Yeah hopefully! I got an A at AS so I am aiming for an A overall, you?

I know, OCR are very devious in not putting stress in there twice in a row! I also got an A for AS, so I would love an A over all too, however after options I am really doubting that I will :frown: but I guess I will just have to wait until results day, there is nothing I can do now. I only need a B in it for university anyway so I won't be too devastated if I don't get the A :smile:
Reply 669
I know, OCR are very devious in not putting stress in there twice in a row! I also got an A for AS, so I would love an A over all too, however after options I am really doubting that I will :frown: but I guess I will just have to wait until results day, there is nothing I can do now. I only need a B in it for university anyway so I won't be too devastated if I don't get the A :smile:

probably did it to catch everyone out. well you never know, all we can do now is wait haha, good luck with your results!
Reply 670
Original post by josew27
probably did it to catch everyone out. well you never know, all we can do now is wait haha, good luck with your results!

Thanks, good luck with your results too :smile:
Reply 671
Original post by mkhan9035
Good stuff, what do you want overall on this paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

An A, I'm resitting the paper, the first time I got a B in January which I did not want. Only option is to get an A
Reply 672
Original post by Jakez123
An A, I'm resitting the paper, the first time I got a B in January which I did not want. Only option is to get an A

That's good, hope you get your A, i'd like an A too personally but i'm not sure i've got one, but even if I get a B, i'm happy cause it'll *fingers crossed* be enough for me to get an A overall
Does anyone know if I would lose many marks for the strengths and weaknesses part of section B if I only used two studies in depth and then one other study? This is for case studies bdw :smile:
Reply 674
Original post by lankan-gurl
Does anyone know if I would lose many marks for the strengths and weaknesses part of section B if I only used two studies in depth and then one other study? This is for case studies bdw :smile:

It depends ideally they expect you to use 3 different studies but it depends on the quality of your answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mkhan9035
It depends ideally they expect you to use 3 different studies but it depends on the quality of your answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh, well I couldn't really think of many studies that use case studies :/ it just didn't come to me at the time. I think my answers were detailed enough except I used Thigpen and Cleckley quite a lot as well as Freud and then mentioned Phineas Gage :/ forgot about Brunner :frown:
I did stress for part a! Did you have to do a pilot study and what did people put for the further research?

Also for N/N on part b, what did people put on the E?
Reply 677
Original post by lankan-gurl
Ohhh, well I couldn't really think of many studies that use case studies :/ it just didn't come to me at the time. I think my answers were detailed enough except I used Thigpen and Cleckley quite a lot as well as Freud and then mentioned Phineas Gage :/ forgot about Brunner :frown:

Don't worry, you'll still get the marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 678
That exam was weird meh :/ I did stupid mistakes for section A
This was my aim ; ( Do people become stressed easily.) I honestly think its too short and I probably got 0/2 help anyone what do you think?
Reply 679
for the comparison question Does it have to be one difference and one similarity? or you can do two of each :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending