The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wakaas
The structure was not correct at all but i wrote the explanation but didnt not write how many proton enviroments there how many marks do you think?
thanks

Your structure was incorrect, therefore 5/7. Incomplete analysis of spectra, therefore 4/7. Final estimate, therefore, 4/7. Ask your teacher to see if he/she agrees with me.
Can someone link me the unofficial mark scheme? I try to open the one that was posted on page 12 but I can't. Or at least could someone tell me what page it is on? Did anyone get an ester for the last structure?
Reply 3502
Guys,for this question:
* The flowchart below shows some reactions of 4-aminophenol. (Flowchart showing 4-aminophenol forming its ammonium salt in reaction I, forming 4-amino-3,5-dibromophenol in reaction II, and reacting with Na in reaction III).

* Identity (typo in paper) the reagent in reaction I. (1)

* HCl

Instead of HCl,I put HNO2.
Is that still correct??
Reply 3503
Original post by JojoLaber
Can someone link me the unofficial mark scheme? I try to open the one that was posted on page 12 but I can't. Or at least could someone tell me what page it is on? Did anyone get an ester for the last structure?

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx/F324%20June%202013%20unofficial%20mark%20scheme.docx?cid=8c1e50a896259f17&id=documents&app=Word&authkey=!AO-DBfvTiv-JJpU&lc=2057

Yes it was an ester.
Original post by Saurus95
You'd have to get a very low mark to get 0 UMS. Anyway, I think you will get your target UMS.

basically say i get like 1 or 2 below an E grade i would still get ums marks right?????

the funny thing is i was tryin to get a high A in this to get an A overall.
Original post by Patel3000
are a peak with seven is a heptuplet not a septuplet

They're both interchangeable words, idk what you're talking about tbh.
Original post by lucindaellaaa
Also, for the question with the glyerol (like the first question), when it said to hydrolyse it, what did everyone put? :s-smilie: I just put three carboxylic acids :s-smilie:

What? there were only two kinds of fatty acids that you had to draw? I'm worried now.
Original post by Zaphod77
I thought it was the number of protons present in each proton environment? Is that what you mean? That's what I wrote :smile:

An integration trace tells you both :smile:
Original post by nothepreacher
An integration trace tells you both :smile:

well no of peaks tells you the no of proton environments the integration trace is designed to tell you the number of protons in that chemical environment. as stated on page 91 OCR endorsed text book
(edited 10 years ago)
For the optical isomer Q, I drew out the skeletal formula of the isomer as it asked you to but forgot to draw it in 3 D manner. Also, there were 2 chiral centres, weren't there?
Fot the last paper, how many ums was needed for full marks?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3511
Original post by keepontrying
well no of peaks tells you the no of proton environments the integration trace is designed to tell you the number of protons in that chemical environment. as stated on page 91 OCR endorsed text book

Yes I wrote that the integration trace gives the number of protons in that particular environment and put that the trace/peak is proportional to the number of protons?
Original post by otrivine
Yes I wrote that the integration trace gives the number of protons in that particular environment and put that the trace/peak is proportional to the number of protons?

Do you remember how many ums was needed for full marks last paper? Akso, was they asked you to draw the optical isomer in skeletal formula, but i didn't drew it in 3d manner. Was it supposed to be drawn in 3 d manner?
Reply 3513
Original post by nothepreacher
Do you remember how many ums was needed for full marks last paper? Akso, was they asked you to draw the optical isomer in skeletal formula, but i didn't drew it in 3d manner. Was it supposed to be drawn in 3 d manner?

I think like 55 marks is full UMS!?

I think it should be fine, but that question was the hardest I think out of the rest
Original post by Holz888
I've also seen a mark scheme where this is the exact answer and it allowed no 'e'

what year was this mark scheme from?
I think like 55 marks is full UMS!?

I think it should be fine, but that question was the hardest I think out of the rest

55 for full ums? I thought it would be 59 or 60. People on here are saying it should drawn in 3d? Also were there 2 chiral centres?
Reply 3516
Original post by Zzzyax
grade boundaries i think i was a bit harder than jan so 53/52 for an A*

Hopefully I have got this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3517
Original post by Varsh05
* Identity (typo in paper) the reagent in reaction I. (1)

* HCl

Instead of HCl,I put HNO2.
Is that still correct??

No, sorry, since the salt was NH3+ Cl-; the Cl was important.
Reply 3518
Original post by Brad0440
Do people agree with the optical isomers on the mark scheme, or was it something else (I think I read a few people saying they swapped wedge lines for dashed or something?)?

Swapping either or both wedges for dashed lines is equivalent to the structures shown on the mark scheme (just rotated in 3D).

If it helps, you could imagine that the structure was mirror-imaged in the plane of the molecule, rather than (on our mark scheme) being reflected in a perpendicular plane.
Reply 3519
will they accept 0.53 for the amino acid? I mean it depends on the ruler the person uses right?

what was the answer on the third monomer question 1 mark

It doesn't depend on the ruler, but the accuracy of measurement (assuming rulers are pretty standard). You'll get one mark for clear working, but I don't know how lenient they'll be on the actual value.

Phenylethene.

Latest

Trending

Trending