Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

OCR

This is a revision thread for F324, any discussions and questions/question and answer session will take place here.

ReputationRep:
    Please explain to me the difference between Kekule's Benzene structure and the 'real' Benzene structure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterYi)
    Please explain to me the difference between Kekule's Benzene structure and the 'real' Benzene structure.
    Nice to have you back

The difference is that the real benzene structure is more energetically stable than the kekule and is more accepted. The real benzene does not polarise the bromine molecule due to no double bond being present. Also, hydrogenation of Kekule is more than benzene, also not enough evidence and chemical properties of kekule and so is less accepted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    Nice to have you back

The difference is that the real benzene structure is more energetically stable than the kekule and is more accepted. The real benzene does not polarise the bromine molecule due to no double bond being present. Also, hydrogenation of Kekule is more than benzene, also not enough evidence and chemical properties of kekule and so is less accepted?
    Yeah I guess. Tell me about the structure of benzene. (Bonds, pi system, etc)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess. Tell me about the structure of benzene. (Bonds, pi system, etc)
    the structure is decoloised, (trigonal)planar molecule, the pi orbitals overlap, would include a diagram in the exam, bonding is covalent between carbon atoms, 120 .

I have not yet started chapter 1. When I finished chapter 1 and 2 fully we revise

Where are you up to now with your revision

ReputationRep:
    the structure is decoloised, (trigonal)planar molecule, the pi orbitals overlap, would include a diagram in the exam, bonding is covalent between carbon atoms, 120 .

I have not yet started chapter 1. When I finished chapter 1 and 2 fully we revise

Where are you up to now with your revision
    Ohkay sorry.

I've barely started. I've a load of past papers and all F324 resource papers from this site http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/OC...resources.html and I've started writing notes for myself plus notes from the internet.

ReputationRep:
    Ohkay sorry.

I've barely started. I've a load of past papers and all F324 resource papers from this site http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/OC...resources.html and I've started writing notes for myself plus notes from the internet.
    Yes, I want to start revision from Sunday and finishing the chapters and doing all the questions!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I want to start revision from Sunday and finishing the chapters and doing all the questions!
    The summer exams seems to creep up really fast, they're only in a few months time.

ReputationRep:
    The summer exams seems to creep up really fast, they're only in a few months time.
    OMG , please dont make me panic

I want to aim to finish the whole F324 by middlish of April and then just spend the two months with question and question

ReputationRep:
    Also is it possible to add OCR to the start of the thread title to make it easier to search.

ReputationRep:
    OMG , please dont make me panic

I want to aim to finish the whole F324 by middlish of April and then just spend the two months with question and question
    Thats a good place to start/finish. I probably won't finish until May because of lessons.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

OCR
    I meant the title but thats fine too.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good place to start/finish. I probably won't finish until May because of lessons.
    I need to revise F325 again! I still remember my stuff but need to recap

ReputationRep:
    I need to revise F325 again! I still remember my stuff but need to recap
    Do you have notes and past papers and resources?

Maybe you can start a/an F325 thread.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have notes and past papers and resources?

Maybe you can start a/an F325 thread.
    of F324 you mean ?

Yes I will Are you retaking f325/

ReputationRep:
    of F324 you mean ?

Yes I will Are you retaking f325/
    I mean both. No I won't be retaking it.

ReputationRep:
    I mean both. No I won't be retaking it.
    I use the site OCR chemistry where there are so many questions

By the way I really want to know from which country are u from? India or china/hong kong

ReputationRep:
    So glad this thread is up early...I was surprised how early you need to revise to get good grades :P
    Anyone doing both F324 and F325?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gulzar)
    So glad this thread is up early...I was surprised how early you need to revise to get good grades :P
    Anyone doing both F324 and F325?
    Join the club

ReputationRep:
    Join the club
    Otrivine werent u retaking F325, if Im remebering correctly?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.