The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8660
Original post by The Epicurean
I see :pierre: I am currently reading a multitude of books right now so it would be a bad idea to add another book :mmm: But I shall definitely aim to read it some time this year :yep: I've flicked through the book and seen it had a lot of pictures :yep: Although I find it hard to believe it is heavy reading though :mmm: Maybe I might be proved wrong, but I have read some books before that were impenetrably hard to digest >_<

Haha, I have never scribbled on a book before :mmm: Do you scribble on books a lot? :holmes:

I believe it is Alain de Botton :fyi: Sometimes being a Nazi backfires :teehee:

Also have you ever watched Alain's TV series "Philosophy: A Guide to Happiness"? :holmes:

My volleyball team captain was part of the production team of that show, she speaks very highly of him :holmes:

Well, hard reading as in although his portrayal and explanation of religion on the book are straight forward. They were very well thought. And some points seem far fetched but strikingly truthful :beard:

I've not seen the show :nah: I must though :yep:

I'm currently reading three books myself :mmm: one of them ia Les Miserables, it's so long :zomg:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipoop
My volleyball team captain was part of the production team of that show, she speaks very highly of him :holmes:

Well, hard reading as in although his portrayal and explanation of religion on the book are straight forward. They were very well thought. And some points seem far fetched but strikingly truthful :beard:

I've not seen the show :nah: I must though :yep:

I'm currently reading three books myself :mmm: one of them ia Les Miserables, it's so long :zomg:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He seems like a really nice and intelligent man. A man you would like to wine and dine with :pierre:

I see :beard: It is already on my list of books to read :yep: Although that list is huge! :mmm:

It might be on youtube >_> It was when I watched it :mmm:

I was in a shop and seen Les Miserables and was gonna pick it up, then seen the size of it, and swiftly put it back :mmm: I struggle when books are too long >_<
I've thankfully cut down the number of books I am reading to 2 ^_^
Original post by The Mad Dog
It was afternoon when you posted that Simran

It was morning for me. :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olympiad

Too much words, debate :s:
Reply 8664
Original post by The Epicurean
He seems like a really nice and intelligent man. A man you would like to wine and dine with :pierre:

I see :beard: It is already on my list of books to read :yep: Although that list is huge! :mmm:

It might be on youtube >_> It was when I watched it :mmm:

I was in a shop and seen Les Miserables and was gonna pick it up, then seen the size of it, and swiftly put it back :mmm: I struggle when books are too long >_<
I've thankfully cut down the number of books I am reading to 2 ^_^

Pretty much what she has told me, he is a very intelligent man. One of the best brains in Britain :holmes: I'll wine and dine him :yep: experiment on his brain and everything :ahee:

I ont have a list, what I have is too many books I purchased because I always am lured into Waterstone's :colonhash: Very few times have I stepped in and out without a new book :colonhash:

Well, I read a broken down version of it at school and I thought as a fan of the west end show, I should read the whole shiz. Regretting those thoughts now :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by This Honest
Did you vote for me?

Maybe, maybe not.
Did you vote for me?
Maybe, maybe not.
Did you vote for me?

Maybe, maybe not. But I got 10, so you probably voted for me
Kthx
Original post by ipoop
Pretty much what she has told me, he is a very intelligent man. One of the best brains in Britain :holmes: I'll wine and dine him :yep: experiment on his brain and everything :ahee:

I ont have a list, what I have is too many books I purchased because I always am lured into Waterstone's :colonhash: Very few times have I stepped in and out without a new book :colonhash:

Well, I read a broken down version of it at school and I thought as a fan of the west end show, I should read the whole shiz. Regretting those thoughts now :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He comes across as a very humble man too :h:

I have a list on goodreads which I keep track of every book I wish to peruse. That said, I have purchased a load of books that I still intend to read but haven't got around to.

Breh, you are so conformist going to Waterstone's :hand: You need to go to more indy bookshops :pierre:

I still have no idea what Les Miserables is about as I have neither read nor watched it :mmm: I've never really seen much in terms of Theatre productions as it is rather, dare I say, middle class >_>

Good luck finishing the book :mmm:

Too much words, debate :s:

What are you talking about? :holmes:
I don't know^ leaf mi alowne :angry:
Maybe, maybe not. But I got 10, so you probably voted for me
Kthx

You voted for me.
Kthx.

How did I get so many tho? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know^ leaf mi alowne :angry:

Why did you quote and unqoute me on the "too much words debate" or whatever you wrote post? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You voted for me.
Kthx.

How did I get so many tho? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviously because me and you were in love a long time ago so everyone knew you. You had status :pierre:
Why did you quote and unqoute me on the "too much words debate" or whatever you wrote post? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't :colone:
I didn't :colone:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1373119626.171013.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's already 3oclock huh

:grumble:
It's called "invisible quoting"
:grumble:
It's called "invisible quoting"

#effort

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obviously because me and you were in love a long time ago so everyone knew you. You have status :pierre:

Fixed*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had. Don't get your knickers in a twist dear :colonhash:
Had. Don't get your knickers in a twist dear :colonhash:

What knickers?

JOKE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest