The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Haven't had the best of days. Hope you guys are doing better!

Only good thing really was I went for a longer run today, 2 laps around the neighbourhood, which is just over 5km. Haven't done that in ages.
Original post by asdfgah
Wahh. Should not follow up 10 mile bike ride with a run, ever, but especially not in this heat. Not sure if I'm going to get my breath back all day! Feels good to be in good enough fitness to do it, though. Getting 1-2 hours of exercise a day definitely makes me feel better (might be a control thing, or just chemical). It's especially good if you stop for cake halfway round. :colone:

Or both. Except cake is blatantly the real reason. I have no cake. :frown: I do have chocolate with Tuc biscuits in though, and was taken out for lunch today though...

I haven't spoken to you for ages. :no: Hope you're alright.

Oh, and I am amazed (read, bewildered...) by you running *or* cycling in this weather... Tip. Don't move house in it.
Reply 3942
Original post by Anonymous
Haven't had the best of days. Hope you guys are doing better!

Only good thing really was I went for a longer run today, 2 laps around the neighbourhood, which is just over 5km. Haven't done that in ages.

Well done!! Managing that when you're not feeling great is an achievement. :yep:

Original post by Anonymous
Or both. Except cake is blatantly the real reason. I have no cake. :frown: I do have chocolate with Tuc biscuits in though, and was taken out for lunch today though...

I haven't spoken to you for ages. :no: Hope you're alright.

Oh, and I am amazed (read, bewildered...) by you running *or* cycling in this weather... Tip. Don't move house in it.

Boo for no cake, but yay for lunch! Yeah it's been ages; I've been pretty busy, and sorry I didn't reply the other day, wasn't really in a talkative mood (:emo:) but I'm doing ok, just not feeling that chatty. More focused on exercising myself half to death and working. I think I'll need to get a gym membership at some point because it's far too hot to do a decent run (I cycled 10 miles which is ok for the ****ty bike I'm using, but run was only about 1.5 miles because I felt like I was about to die :tongue:). Still can't breathe properly, so I'm not entirely sure what my lungs are doing. :tongue:

:hugs: for the house moving. Have been shifting furniture around today (my uncle is coming to stay so I need to give up my bedroom, but my mum said that having all of my furniture around my bed is Not Okay Because it Looks Weird so I had to move it and get rid of my epic bed-cave :sad: so I have sympathy for you moving house. It's too hot to do aaanything.
Reply 3943
Hey everyone :smile: sorry I've not been posting much recently, nothing unusual really to talk about :tongue:. Really hot today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah
Well done!! Managing that when you're not feeling great is an achievement. :yep:

Boo for no cake, but yay for lunch! Yeah it's been ages; I've been pretty busy, and sorry I didn't reply the other day, wasn't really in a talkative mood (:emo:) but I'm doing ok, just not feeling that chatty. More focused on exercising myself half to death and working. I think I'll need to get a gym membership at some point because it's far too hot to do a decent run (I cycled 10 miles which is ok for the ****ty bike I'm using, but run was only about 1.5 miles because I felt like I was about to die :tongue:). Still can't breathe properly, so I'm not entirely sure what my lungs are doing. :tongue:

:hugs: for the house moving. Have been shifting furniture around today (my uncle is coming to stay so I need to give up my bedroom, but my mum said that having all of my furniture around my bed is Not Okay Because it Looks Weird so I had to move it and get rid of my epic bed-cave :sad: so I have sympathy for you moving house. It's too hot to do aaanything.

Move it all back when he's gone :ninja: my room at home is a cave and I'd fit more stuff in if I could so just ignore your mum, it won't look silly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah

First proper meal I've had for ages... Calzone filled with tomato and cheese and chicken and peppers and pepperoni and pancetta (topped with more cheese)... :drool: And salad and coke. Nom. Also learnt that Dad should come with me every time I go to Tesco. I'm so much more restrained! Restricted my purchases to cider, milk, nectarines and yoghurt.

Glad you're OK. Know what you mean about not feeling chatty... At the moment flatness is massively taking over, and it's killing everything. And confusing and frustrating me big time.

Having a bed cave sounds epic. :yep: My new room is lovely, but right now an utter pigsty... Trying to unpack, but swear the piles are not getting any smaller. :frown: My feet hurt and I'm hot. And I think all my stuff has multiplied since the last time I moved. Want to go and get a drink, but there's epic piles of stuff between me and the door...
Fainted in my bathroom last night and feel physically ****. Feel slightly hypomanic though. Watttttttttttt :lolwut:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Fainted in my bathroom last night and feel physically ****. Feel slightly hypomanic though. Watttttttttttt :lolwut:

Wow, how come you fainted, does it happen often or just a one off? Take care of yourself!
Original post by danny111
Wow, how come you fainted, does it happen often or just a one off? Take care of yourself!

Not sure, I do faint quite a bit but not sure why this happened last night :frown:
Reply 3949
Not sure, I do faint quite a bit but not sure why this happened last night :frown:

It might be the heat?

How old are you if I may ask? In school I had a friend (female) who also fainted quite a bit. They never found out why, and she wasn't allowed to drive either til they did (lost contact now so don't know how it is these days, but I think it got better as she aged). She also had it coupled with panic attacks.

Hope tonight's better so you get a good start into the next week!
Original post by Idle
It might be the heat?

That could be it. I also don't think I ate enough (I didn't feel hungry, but I'm slightly hypomanic and generally run on pure thoughts when I'm like that so I wouldn't) and combined with the heat it probably knocked me out. Still feel ill though and my vision keeps going black at the sides :lolwut:
Original post by danny111
How old are you if I may ask? In school I had a friend (female) who also fainted quite a bit. They never found out why, and she wasn't allowed to drive either til they did (lost contact now so don't know how it is these days, but I think it got better as she aged). She also had it coupled with panic attacks.

Hope tonight's better so you get a good start into the next week!

19. I've always fainted, and they can't give me a definite reason. I've heard everything from anaemia to low blood pressure but they can never find anything significant on tests.
Reply 3953
Think I over-did it today with exercise in heat. I have something called hyponatremia (which basically just means low sodium content in my blood, though they aren't that sure why and say it's probably dietary because I don't eat much salt or processed foods and drink a lot of water). Anyway, it's not severe and the treatment is essentially "eat salt when you can, don't drink too much water, and if you're exercising take drinks with electrolytes". I've done most of those things today, but I think I overdiluted my electrolyte drink and sweated more than usual from exercising in such heat. Not feeling very well. :sad: Really frustrates me. Diabetes is being a bit ****ty as well and my blood sugar keeps dropping.

Pushing electrolytes and sugar and trying to make myself feel better. :emo:
I'm such a knob that never learns :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I've just been sick 3 times and my vision is still going black. You'd think I'd be able to calm down and just chill. NOPE, Hypomania kicks in and I'm dancing around naked to rock music in between literally violent crashes.

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :woo: :woo: :woo:
So I've just been sick 3 times and my vision is still going black. You'd think I'd be able to calm down and just chill. NOPE, Hypomania kicks in and I'm dancing around naked to rock music in between literally violent crashes.

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :woo: :woo: :woo:

Puking 3 times and black vision doesn't sound good at all. Could you go to a walk in center or something if it keeps up because it doesn't sound too healthy.

With the hypomania have you told your psychiatrist? Some medications can stop it pretty quick which might be worth trying before things deteriorate more.
Original post by Sabertooth
Puking 3 times and black vision doesn't sound good at all. Could you go to a walk in center or something if it keeps up because it doesn't sound too healthy.

With the hypomania have you told your psychiatrist? Some medications can stop it pretty quick which might be worth trying before things deteriorate more.

I fainted twice last night, I faint quite a lot so no one in my house seems very worried about it. I'm waiting to see if it goes, if I'm still ill tomorrow I'm going to call my GP.

What psychiatrist? Still on the waiting list for therapy, I literally have no contacts. My area is ****. I'm on SSRIs though and they stopped my severe depressive episode and make me feel so much better and I don't want them to take them away :frown:
I fainted twice last night, I faint quite a lot so no one in my house seems very worried about it. I'm waiting to see if it goes, if I'm still ill tomorrow I'm going to call my GP.

What psychiatrist? Still on the waiting list for therapy, I literally have no contacts. My area is ****. I'm on SSRIs though and they stopped my severe depressive episode and make me feel so much better and I don't want them to take them away :frown:

Oh sorry, that was presumptuous of me to assume you have a psychiatrist. Do any of the GPs in your practice have an interest in mental health? Really if you're experiencing hypomania that's not good so it would be better if you spoke to someone about it. Even if it's just going back and letting them know how you're getting on. Calling the GP tomorrow sounds like it would be a good idea.
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh sorry, that was presumptuous of me to assume you have a psychiatrist. Do any of the GPs in your practice have an interest in mental health? Really if you're experiencing hypomania that's not good so it would be better if you spoke to someone about it. Even if it's just going back and letting them know how you're getting on. Calling the GP tomorrow sounds like it would be a good idea.

Yeah I think I'll call in tomorrow. It's not too bad it's mild, I'm usually in a state of mild hypomania so it#s not a massive problem it's just frustrating because I feel like **** and I can't slow down.

Don't appologise, seems like everyone has better services ha! I literally got told "you have bipolar, bugger off". Thanks :lol:

I have a couple of GPs who are alright

Latest