The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Is it just me, or do things just mysteriously disappear in your own room?! My room is that much of a state though, is it any wonder things go walkabout?!
Reply 4221
Original post by -FireFlies-
Is it just me, or do things just mysteriously disappear in your own room?! My room is that much of a state though, is it any wonder things go walkabout?!

I get this all the time. Its so annoying. You have something in your hand, put it down somewhere, havent left the room yet its just gone. I get so annoyed and frustrated and then just utterly upset cause im so confused.
Hate it.
I'm so lazy. I hate myself. This sucks.

:hugs: let me know how it goes hun

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your D-Day?
Feeling really lost today and don't know what to do with myself :frown:

Something's up and I can't put my finger on it but I don't like it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Feeling really lost today and don't know what to do with myself :frown:

Something's up and I can't put my finger on it but I don't like it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that! Is it something you feel you have to do?
I actually had a good day. I was feeling quite bad in the morning (see post above) but my parents were pushing me and I managed to write an e-mail officially (I've already informally talked about it with the people responsible) requesting an extension for my thesis, make a call to swap internet/phone providers and actually write more for my thesis.
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry to hear that! Is it something you feel you have to do?

No I dunno just think something's gonna happen and I can't stop it cos I don't know what IT is :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
Went to the new GP for the first time today, and she sent me straight to the CMHT for an urgent assessment. The woman at the CMHT was a bitch. I told her about everything that was going on and then she actually said "are you making your symptoms up, do you actually hear voices and see things that others can't see, or are you just making that up?". I didnt know what to say. Made me feel like an attention seeking scum. And all day I've been sat here, with the voices going crazy, thinking that I'm just making it up for attention. But why can't I get it to stop?!

She also asked me what benefits I was on, and I said DLA at high care and low mobility. And she just stared at me and said "do you actually need that level". I don't know.

Voices are bad atm and all I can think of is that I'm a lying attention seeking weak pathetic person. She said she would get me a psych appointment soon but I don't even want to turn up. The GP wanted to increase my Quetiapine, but now I feel like just stopping it, because, Im just making it up, right? :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd go back to the GP who made the referral and tell them what this nurse was like with you and ask to be referred again but to someone different. You have every right to ask this, I can't believe someone working in mental health would be like this. It just sound so unprofessional and dismissive. The mental health trust should have a PALS team who you could complain to, which I think you should. I'm sick of hearing about useless nurses, they make the rest of us look bad.
Guess who's been in the library since 8am? :awesome:

Original post by Sabertooth
I did some googling, turns out my haldol dosage is the highest recommended. :s-smilie: Makes me feel extremely nervous about taking it. But I haven't really got any choice in the matter. Not to mention I'm on the highest of quetiapine too. This makes me feel like such a freak and a failure. :frown:

:hugs: It's never a failure to choose to accept help when you need it. And it's not at all about 'manning up' or any other such bull**** (I suspect it doesn't help that the people you're surrounded with aren't the most clued up on mental health) - you wouldn't be this judgmental of anyone else experiencing psychosis, so why do so with yourself (and yes I know you're a very special person, but you shouldn't have unreasonable standards for yourself).

Was talking to my study coach about mental illness, psychosis and that stuff that we're not allowed to talk about - turns out he's into the whole anti-psychiatry thing, which is kinda amusing. We also talked about when, if ever, it's morally acceptable to section people. :tongue:

Original post by bullettheory
Went to the new GP for the first time today, and she sent me straight to the CMHT for an urgent assessment. The woman at the CMHT was a bitch. I told her about everything that was going on and then she actually said "are you making your symptoms up, do you actually hear voices and see things that others can't see, or are you just making that up?". I didnt know what to say. Made me feel like an attention seeking scum. And all day I've been sat here, with the voices going crazy, thinking that I'm just making it up for attention. But why can't I get it to stop?!

She also asked me what benefits I was on, and I said DLA at high care and low mobility. And she just stared at me and said "do you actually need that level". I don't know.

Voices are bad atm and all I can think of is that I'm a lying attention seeking weak pathetic person. She said she would get me a psych appointment soon but I don't even want to turn up. The GP wanted to increase my Quetiapine, but now I feel like just stopping it, because, Im just making it up, right? :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek: That woman deserves a punch in the face! Definitely definitely complain about her, because not only is she rude, she's also dangerous being in a job working with vulnerable people. I mean just seeing her once has made you want to go off your meds, so imagine what she could be doing to people she sees more often!

Also I find making complaints when merited helps me feel better about what's happened, as you're not passively becoming a victim, you're doing something and standing up for yourself.
Original post by PonchoKid
No I dunno just think something's gonna happen and I can't stop it cos I don't know what IT is :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea that doesn't sound nice at all :frown: Hope it goes away soon!
Reply 4233
Waiting for a ferry to Spain. Everyone is extremely stressed and just trying to be calm and remember that people are being irrational. Deeeeep breathing, lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So they gave me a breakdown of my phq9 and gad7 stuff from the other day and I have moderate-severe depression and moderate anxiety. Not sure what this means but it sounds exiting anyway... :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4235
Original post by asdfgah
Waiting for a ferry to Spain. Everyone is extremely stressed and just trying to be calm and remember that people are being irrational. Deeeeep breathing, lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope you have a good time on your holiday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4236
So, I've now been prescribed 50mg of Serataline (however you spell it :tongue:). Lets hope this works better than Citalopram.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4237
Original post by avhhs
Hope you have a good time on your holiday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

--

Trying to ignore family stuff. My brother was smoking weed in the house this morning and my mum found razor blades with some pills (for cutting them) and all hell broke loose. He was kicked out for possibly the shortest period of time ever and then taken back to come on holiday with us. I don't feel that safe when I know he's taking quite hard drugs. But trying to be ok.
Reply 4238
I've been given 3 days home leave by the hospital. A lot has happened in the past few weeks, and I'm too tired/emotional to write about it right now. I'm at home for the next 3 days though. It's a scary thought.
Original post by HmMusic
I've been given 3 days home leave by the hospital. A lot has happened in the past few weeks, and I'm too tired/emotional to write about it right now. I'm at home for the next 3 days though. It's a scary thought.

:hugs: Take care of yourself and hope you get lots of cuddles from the kitty. :snoozing:

Latest