The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chlommm
Guys an issue has been raised! Have a read of this ImageUploadedByStudent Room1373706887.442554.jpg i'm really stressing now because science is one of the subjects I must do well in to progress forward and I was not confident after completing the june exams in science so this could ruin everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The article is referring only to the new Science courses, which are being sat by those who are currently in Year 10 but will be going into Year 11 next year.
Reply 621
I was so nervous last year especially about science but this year for some odd reason I'm not because I know I put everything in those 10 exams and I wouldn't have done them any other way, with an exception of biology
The news article is just saying that the new spec science exams are harder than the old spec ones, hence why more people will get less A*'s than if they would've have sat the old spec ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be starting Year 11 soon. Until then, I will collect my results for three exams I did in Year 10: Biology1, Physics1 and Mathematics3. Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 624
Original post by Joe7
The article is referring only to the new Science courses, which are being sat by those who are currently in Year 10 but will be going into Year 11 next year.

I don't know about you, but I've just finished year eleven and my teachers made a huge deal about the fact that we were doing a new syllabus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
the spec is changing again - now its linear
Reply 626
Original post by tess_rach
I don't know about you, but I've just finished year eleven and my teachers made a huge deal about the fact that we were doing a new syllabus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did AQA B and it was the second year of the new spec style but first year of new spec additional - as in they changed it from 1-3 marks and 1 or 2 4marks to 1-4 with some 5&6marks so idk.

I'm just ready to give up ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 627
Original post by Thiscantbeblank
Oh ok so hopefully my A* is still intact then and people said the chemsitry exam I took was extremely hard and my teacher agreed so they can't really increase the grade boundaries as that wouldn't accurately reflect the difficulty of the exam ! Thanks for clearing that up I'm going to stop worrying now :smile:

Did you do AQA, out of interest?
Reply 628
Original post by curved
I did AQA B and it was the second year of the new spec style but first year of new spec additional - as in they changed it from 1-3 marks and 1 or 2 4marks to 1-4 with some 5&6marks so idk.

I'm just ready to give up ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did AQA triple (biology, chemistry and physics)

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you check online? I'm in Year 10 but did Astronomy a year early, however I don't want to go and get them when all the year 11's are having breakdowns because they didn't get 14 A*s!
lol
Original post by lolface32
Did you do AQA, out of interest?

Yeh the AQA Science A course I found the exams really easy to be honest,but I did do loads of past papers so this came in handy especially for the chem exam which had repeats of questions from past papers like the question about how nitrogen oxides are formed !!
Original post by Lord Harold
How do you check online? I'm in Year 10 but did Astronomy a year early, however I don't want to go and get them when all the year 11's are having breakdowns because they didn't get 14 A*s!

Haha yeh I'm in year ten too and you can't get your results online... I'm getting my results back do core science film studies and re,and I want to go in early when the year elevens are there so I don't have to tell any other year tens what I've got in case I haven't done as well as I've thought I have but then I don't want to be in amongst all the year elevens freaking out over the results for like maths and english whereas I'm stressing about film studies :/
Haha yeh I'm in year ten too and you can't get your results online... I'm getting my results back do core science film studies and re,and I want to go in early when the year elevens are there so I don't have to tell any other year tens what I've got in case I haven't done as well as I've thought I have but then I don't want to be in amongst all the year elevens freaking out over the results for like maths and english whereas I'm stressing about film studies :/

Oh no!!! I suppose I'll just have to go in at the very end of the day or at the very beginning. I don't even think for one second that I even got a C, so I really don't want to be accosted by class mates or year 11's !
I remember getting my results, never been so nervous :smile: Good luck everyone!
Original post by Lord Harold
Oh no!!! I suppose I'll just have to go in at the very end of the day or at the very beginning. I don't even think for one second that I even got a C, so I really don't want to be accosted by class mates or year 11's !

Yeh I'm going to arrive there the minute the school opens and I'm going to privately look at them and go home nice and quickly without bumping into any classmates in my back..the issue I have is that I am expected to do really well so if I haven't done as good then I will be super embarrassed so I'd rather I just found them out when nobody else is so I can tell them over fb or whatever or in September when Ive got over how I've done !
Original post by mahatma ghandi
I remember getting my results, never been so nervous :smile: Good luck everyone!

I was shaking when I got the results back for this one exam I took in janaury but I'm getting the results back for 5 exams this time and I will be getting 3 overall grades so to say I'm ****ting it is an understatement
Yeh I'm going to arrive there the minute the school opens and I'm going to privately look at them and go home nice and quickly without bumping into any classmates in my back..the issue I have is that I am expected to do really well so if I haven't done as good then I will be super embarrassed so I'd rather I just found them out when nobody else is so I can tell them over fb or whatever or in September when Ive got over how I've done !

I don't want to hang around in the school hall opening it. I think I might open it on my way home or at home.
Reply 638

Original post by Captain Anonymous
lol

You did the aqa dt product design exam?! How did you find it? I found it bloody hard! The question were so...
Am I the only one who's a tad excited and relieved as the day approaches? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest