The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5180
Original post by zonkfrog
Tonight just went dramatically down hill.

Oh no :frown:
Original post by tasha96
I'm going to be up all night if I can be any help at all. :hugs:

cheers, trying my hardest to keep occupied, currently cuddling teddies trying not to wake my boyfriend up :frown:
Reply 5182
Original post by james1211
Oh no :frown:

Tears till I feel like throwing up :frown: boo.

At least i'm just exhausted now so hopefully I'll sleep...maybe
Reply 5183
Tears till I feel like throwing up :frown: boo.

At least i'm just exhausted now so hopefully I'll sleep...maybe

Tears are the best way of releasing built up stress. Throwing up isn't nice though :frown:

The second your head hits the pillow you'll probably be out.
Reply 5184
Original post by james1211
Tears are the best way of releasing built up stress. Throwing up isn't nice though :frown:

The second your head hits the pillow you'll probably be out.

Sadly that never happens. Even on good days. I have never in my life gone to bed and just fallen asleep. I have never understood people who just lie down and are asleep in seconds. My brain just doesnt work that way I guess. It usually takes at least an hour to get to sleep for me :/
Original post by PonchoKid
cheers, trying my hardest to keep occupied, currently cuddling teddies trying not to wake my boyfriend up :frown:

Cuddling teddies is good! :hugs: I still have all my old teddies. :colondollar: :biggrin: Do you have a favourite? :colone:
Like I said I'll be up all night so feel free to PM me or whatever if you feel like it. :yes: :hugs:
Sadly that never happens. Even on good days. I have never in my life gone to bed and just fallen asleep. I have never understood people who just lie down and are asleep in seconds. My brain just doesnt work that way I guess. It usually takes at least an hour to get to sleep for me :/

Happens the same to me. I can be extremely tired and want to go to bed but when I'm in bed I can't just crash. I still stay awake for at least 30 minutes normally just over analysing things in my head.
Original post by tasha96
Cuddling teddies is good! :hugs: I still have all my old teddies. :colondollar: :biggrin: Do you have a favourite? :colone:
Like I said I'll be up all night so feel free to PM me or whatever if you feel like it. :yes: :hugs:

I have a panda who is my face ATM :smile:
My other teddy was a bear with a saggy bum called Kevin :h:

But tonight I have panda and my boyfriends pika plushie :smile:

Boyfriends awake now

But thanks. I'm turning into a weak mess slowly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5188
Original post by Malevolent
Happens the same to me. I can be extremely tired and want to go to bed but when I'm in bed I can't just crash. I still stay awake for at least 30 minutes normally just over analysing things in my head.

Both true, i'm like that most nights. Unless i've really been worked up i'm not usually tired enough to just fall asleep. But if i've been really worked up it tires me out so much that i'm exausted when i hit the pillow.
I have a panda who is my face ATM :smile:
My other teddy was a bear with a saggy bum called Kevin :h:

But tonight I have panda and my boyfriends pika plushie :smile:

Boyfriends awake now

But thanks. I'm turning into a weak mess slowly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww! They sound cute. :woo:

Glad he's up with you. :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
Aww! They sound cute. :woo:

Glad he's up with you. :hugs:

We have so many teddies hahaha

Yeah..

=======================================

Gahhhh does anyone know how to stop panicking about being sick when they have a bad phobia of being sick?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah..

Gahhhh does anyone know how to stop panicking about being sick when they have a bad phobia of being sick?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have Emetephobia?
Reply 5192

Yeah..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't say mine is a phobia cos it's pretty rational (vomiting more than twice means I am hospitalised, due to health conditions, and hospital is a v bad place for me) but I do panic a lot if I feel sick, think I could be sick or am around sick people.

Going outside for some fresh air can help to reduce nausea, or stuff like drinking peppermint tea. I find that even if what I'm doing isn't necessarily helpful, distraction from the panic is very welcome.

Hope you're feeling less anxious soon. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have Emetephobia?

Yeah :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awwww I use to have a real bad worry about being sick. Honestly though I think when it finally happened I realized it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be in my head.
:hugs:
(edited 10 years ago)
Awwww I use to have a real bad worry about being sick. Honestly though I think when it finally happened I realized it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be in my head.

It's not a worry, it's the fact I have a panic attack and stop breathing while being sick, and sit there crying because I'm terrified of throwing up blood again.
I can't even be NEAR someone that's being sick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah
Wouldn't say mine is a phobia cos it's pretty rational (vomiting more than twice means I am hospitalised, due to health conditions, and hospital is a v bad place for me) but I do panic a lot if I feel sick, think I could be sick or am around sick people.

Going outside for some fresh air can help to reduce nausea, or stuff like drinking peppermint tea. I find that even if what I'm doing isn't necessarily helpful, distraction from the panic is very welcome.

Hope you're feeling less anxious soon. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers, Iv opened a window, but can't open the other as boyfriend isn't hot, can't go outside because of current sleeping arrangements in the house. So stressful :frown:

I tried playing a computer game but couldn't concentrate, so just laying here ATM breathing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not a worry, it's the fact I have a panic attack and stop breathing while being sick, and sit there crying because I'm terrified of throwing up blood again.
I can't even be NEAR someone that's being sick

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh darn that sounds really tough. Have you tried seeing someone about it?
Oh darn that sounds really tough. Have you tried seeing someone about it?

Nope, because it's silly of me I know it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, because it's silly of me I know it is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously you're not the only person in the world and if its that bad it might be a good idea to go see someone about it. Honestly you cant help it! :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending