Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry to hear this. I think Poncho gives good advice on this :yes:

:hugs:

Only cos it happened to me and im not allowed to go to the funeral :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5402
Original post by Morgsie
I am struggling atm because a relative of mine is dying and has a few days left

I lost a parent a couple of years ago, my advice is to spend as much time around them as you can, keep them company and say all that you want to say before it's too late.

Sadly we all lose people close to us at some point, but we come through the other side.. Often as a stronger version of our previous self.
Original post by PonchoKid
Only cos it happened to me and im not allowed to go to the funeral :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:sad: :console: :hugs:
:sad: :console: :hugs:

Also happened 2 years ago an my supposed best mates wouldn't even let me grieve :cry2:

Gahhh im sorry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5405
People on TSR are comparing me to evil dictator like Hitler, Mussolini, Mugabe etc which is making things worse
Reply 5406
Original post by Morgsie
People on TSR are comparing me to evil dictator like Hitler, Mussolini, Mugabe etc which is making things worse

If you feel someone is breaking the rules or being offensive towards you then you know you can report the posts or come to AAM :yy:
Also happened 2 years ago an my supposed best mates wouldn't even let me grieve :cry2:

Gahhh im sorry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing to apologise for :nah:
Nothing to apologise for :nah:

Sorry just in a **** place ATM, don't even know what to do anymore
:cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5409
Staying with Nut. (and an old old MHSS member from way before my time) atm. Just in case anyone heard about the body found and knows where we are, wasn't either of us. Have had a concerned phone call from my dad on that front...

Went out today and ended up a bit of a mess. Had collapsey flashback on the pavement by a bus stop. After about half an hour trying to recover, walked a bit further and ended up going again on a bit of grass. Luckily someone fab realised what was happening and gave us a lift home (a known safe person, not a stranger :tongue:). When we got back I had another long one. I think plan is to go to the med centre for benzos if they keep happening, because I have some but it's emergency reserves so I refuse to use it unless I'm trying to stay 'here' around my family.

Other than PTSD being a ****, I'm doing pretty ok. Getting periods of total hopelessness after flashbacks but otherwise relieved to be away from family and home. Was so nice to wake up this morning and know I was safe for the whole day, and I'm here until Sunday. :smile: So things are being horrible and challenging but I think it's the lesser of two evils. And N is being lovelybubbles and giving me lots of hugs, which helps.

:hugs: everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Need to sleep so desperately, but too hot and restless, can't even open the window cos of ongoing roadworks right outside the bedroom :frown: the fan isn't cooling me down.

But totally not in a safe place for zopiclone

I just need sleep :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5411
Original post by Idle
If you feel someone is breaking the rules or being offensive towards you then you know you can report the posts or come to AAM :yy:

Thank you but you know full well I don't trust the system
Don't know why nights have to be so difficult. :cry2:
Reply 5413
I am drinking more
Reply 5414
Original post by tasha96

Nights really are the worst. Not sure why but i almost feel like i've trained myself to think about things too hard when i feel tired. Guess my brains just got used to it.
Original post by tasha96

Agreed, I often find nights the hardest part of the day too.

Want to talk about what's up?
Original post by james1211
Nights really are the worst. Not sure why but i almost feel like i've trained myself to think about things too hard when i feel tired. Guess my brains just got used to it.

Would you care for a giggle about silly things i did?
I told my boyfriend it was 4pm then later realised it was only 2pm i also thought it was a wednesday :facepalm:

But yes night times are deffinately worse. HOWEVER iv only nearly cried once tonight but done other kinda bad stuff instead :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5417
Would you care for a giggle about silly things i did?

Always :biggrin:

If it's any consolation it took me a good 30 seconds to add 19 to 39 playing snooker earlier.

In fact maybe its because i was playing so late that my brains still too switched on for bed. Not crying is certainly good, although i do find its a good release of tension. I'll admit i did on tuesday night.
Reply 5418
Original post by asdfgah

Going to be blunt: cbt isn't meant to have an immediate effect. You don't go into a session feeling bad and come out feeling better.. you work on thought patterns over several sessions and eventually improve. But it won't help unless you go. In my experience, unless you are incapacitated,* if you feel bad enough to warrant treatment it is worth accepting the treatment you're given...

Original post by ANONYM00SE
:hugs:* I hope things are going to start picking up for you asap. Having had CBT myself, my advice is just to stick at it, missing appointments won't work in your favour. You need to keep up with it and stay regular. I know it doesn't feel like it is doing nothing, it does take quite a while I will admit that, but in the end it does help a lot. I'm a lot less anxious than I used to be and can deal with stress much better. It did take months of hard work but you'll get there :hugs:* I know it's easy for me to say, and it's hypocritical of me saying this, but you really have to force yourself to believe that things will get better. If you're at rock bottom the only way is up :hugs:* PM me if you need someone to talk to or if you have any questions about CBT. I might not have all the answers you're looking for but I can try :smile:

Original post by Deyesy
Sorry to be blunt dude but just by believing and thinking what I've put in bold means you probably won't 'see' any improvements even if there is any because you've closed your mind to the possibility to it ever happening. I'm not going to lie, I used to think exactly that around the time where things were incredibly tough for me last year but I had abit of tough love from people in this thread and looking back; although I just wanted to wallow and see things with a closed mind, it was exactly what I needed in the long run. If you don't think there's any possibility of getting better mate, you've immediately lost the war and the battle. You need to have a slightly more open mind. Recovery won't come immediately and it won't come quickly and it'll be hard - There's no getting away from that but it can happen.

I also think that, like asdfgah has said previously, if health professionals have judged you bad enough to need therapy and if you think you're bad enough to need therapy, you should grab it with both hands. There'll be people on the waiting list for therapy that would jump at the chance to start it and to just throw it away like you're doing? :/ It just doesn't sit well with me. I know I slag my therapist off for not being amazing but there has been things I've taken away from it. It's given me a different view on the things people said to me while I was bullied. It helped me identify my thought patterns a whole lot more and while I wish I'd dealt with the bullying abit more directly, it's now more in the past than it was before I started therapy. I just don't believe you should throw away the chance of therapy like you could be doing - especially given you're not allowed to be referred again for 6 months after they've discharged you.

I did go this week and also managed to talk about the thoughts I get. But despite that things are not looking good for me at all :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs
I did go this week and also managed to talk about the thoughts I get. But despite that things are not looking good for me at all :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done for going - that's a good start at least :smile: Did the therapist not take you very seriously then? :sad:

Latest