The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lets take a break from the exam panic to see who the 12th Doctor is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CheesePuffff
Haha! Well I can't resist buying stationary and folders and stuff because they get me excited (cough saddo) but I'm trying to steer clear of clothes shopping as much as possible; don't want to realise I haven't got into sixth form and have to go to college in blouses and pencil skirts for the next year aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG same!! i really wanna go clothes shopping but my sixth form requires smart dress (hopefully I'll get in but it;ll be better shopping knowing my place is confirmed!!)
Original post by techno836
it's one next to where I live why? Owston View

and wow they're better than mine :biggrin: I'll be doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics (I was going to do psychology but :s-smilie: )

Only one i'm disappointed with is history because I know if I did it in 2 years instead of 1 I would have had an A* :frown: ... I was like 9 UMS of an overall. and only a few of an A in Human health and physiology -.-

oh..i was just wondering...
Thanks!!!
I was thinking of psychology too but i think economics will be better as I've done it for GCSE..
yeah i did economics in year 10 and they changed it to a 2 year course now but we did it all in one year...i was 10 UMS off an A* and i really felt that they marked it wrong but my teacher wouldn't send it for a remark :mad:
I'm lucky in the sense that for my 6th form, we still have to wear a uniform which is very similar to the one I've worn since year 7 except there is a different tie, and the rules are a lot more relaxed such as we can wear make up and dye our hair a natural colour similar to our original hair colour.
I feel confident in most of my exams but I will be very surprised if I get an A* in any, I remember receiving my results slip for the 4 exams I took in year 10 and was ecstatic when I saw 2 A*s!!
Original post by elixirs
ME TOO! I buy packs of diff col sharpies/pens/pencils every year and I didn't do art nor am I doing it at 6th form. Not to mention countless amounts of pencil cases:colondollar: yeah, I haven't even thought about clothes, would rather shop for stuff I like instead of uncomfortable pencil skirts

Hahaha same I just love stationary shopping! And oh gosh I did art GCSE, it was great - all of the paints and paintbrushes and gold/silver gel pens and chalks and special artist pencils! :biggrin: I much preferred messing around with the stationary to actually doing the mountain of coursework haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Buying my own folders and textbooks for sixth form will be annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm soo nervous for these results but I kinda want them to hurry up! Hmm anyone know what you actually need for when you start college?? :biggrin:
Reply 1727
Original post by radhikagulati
how did you think they went? I need high C's/Low Bs to get an A* overall but im really scared i haven't even got that? What do you think the grade boundaries will be? I think biology will have the highest and physics the lowest grade boundaries, i'm really hoping it is around 26 for a B but that is pretty low!

oh god the english lit...the questions were alright (tkam and the crucible) but i panicked:/ i need a low a in this exam to get an a* overall, and with last year's grade boundaries i need 19/30 in each essay (and 8 spag marks) so hopefully grade boundaries will be similar, but i have a feeling they will be higher because people found it easy and michael gove :angry:

how were the rest of your exams?

xxx

I think you're right about the grade boundaries in science and I wouldn't worry too much because the grade boundaries are always ridiculously low. I also only need Cs and Bs to get A*s overall so I'm feeling quite confident.

As for English Lit, let's not even go there... I was ill on the exams and English is already my weakest subject so I'm hoping I got at least a C. I know I definitely haven't got an A* because I didn't do well enough in the coursework so I'm not getting my hopes up.

The rest of my exams went well except for the general English exam which I always seem to do badly on. How about you?

By the way, sorry for the late reply. I don't come on here that often.
Reply 1728
Original post by clairebear13
I'm lucky in the sense that for my 6th form, we still have to wear a uniform which is very similar to the one I've worn since year 7 except there is a different tie, and the rules are a lot more relaxed such as we can wear make up and dye our hair a natural colour similar to our original hair colour.
I feel confident in most of my exams but I will be very surprised if I get an A* in any, I remember receiving my results slip for the 4 exams I took in year 10 and was ecstatic when I saw 2 A*s!!

Yeah our sixth form is similar, same shirt and trousers, but they give you a new tie and you wear a pullover instead of a blazer
Original post by Toriar
I think you're right about the grade boundaries in science and I wouldn't worry too much because the grade boundaries are always ridiculously low. I also only need Cs and Bs to get A*s overall so I'm feeling quite confident.

As for English Lit, let's not even go there... I was ill on the exams and English is already my weakest subject so I'm hoping I got at least a C. I know I definitely haven't got an A* because I didn't do well enough in the coursework so I'm not getting my hopes up.

The rest of my exams went well except for the general English exam which I always seem to do badly on. How about you?

By the way, sorry for the late reply. I don't come on here that often.

hmmm dont worry about lit, i'm sure you'll be fine! and it isn't the end of the world if you dont have an a* tbh!

i did the english language last year and I thought it went so badly...as soon as the exam finished i started crying (dont judge me :biggrin:) but i came out with 106UMS- 2 UMS off an A*, and then when i retook it in january i thought it was terrible and I got 64 which should be a high a/a*! so don't worry!

x
Reply 1730
Hahaha same I just love stationary shopping! And oh gosh I did art GCSE, it was great - all of the paints and paintbrushes and gold/silver gel pens and chalks and special artist pencils! :biggrin: I much preferred messing around with the stationary to actually doing the mountain of coursework haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, see this is sometimes why I regret not picking art. Sure, I can't draw or paint, but I can for sure make things, weird, creative?:rolleyes: However, I don't think I could have coped with coursework either, i'm an exam person- it's over in 2hrs max, none of these deadlines!
Original post by Tibbz2
Yeah our sixth form is similar, same shirt and trousers, but they give you a new tie and you wear a pullover instead of a blazer

We won't have to wear uniform at sixth form, unlike at lower school, but the downside of that is that I'll have to actually think about what I am going to wear every morning!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1732
Original post by tess_rach
We won't have to wear uniform at sixth form, unlike at lower school, but the downside of that is that I'll have to actually think about what I am going to wear every morning!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah true, I honestly prefer uniform because I quite like not having to bother with thinking about dress, and everyone is in the same boat
Original post by elixirs
Ah, see this is sometimes why I regret not picking art. Sure, I can't draw or paint, but I can for sure make things, weird, creative?:rolleyes: However, I don't think I could have coped with coursework either, i'm an exam person- it's over in 2hrs max, none of these deadlines!

Good point, I think I'm more of an exam person too. My year 9 self believed that art would give me a break from my other options, little did I know it was the one I would spend the most time on over the next two years!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1734
Good point, I think I'm more of an exam person too. My year 9 self believed that art would give me a break from my other options, little did I know it was the one I would spend the most time on over the next two years!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone who did art said the same along with food tech. Tests the patience and skill!
I would have seriously given up because of my lack of art skills/patience/ability to meet deadlines :rolleyes:
Original post by sweet_gyal97
oh..i was just wondering...
Thanks!!!
I was thinking of psychology too but i think economics will be better as I've done it for GCSE..
yeah i did economics in year 10 and they changed it to a 2 year course now but we did it all in one year...i was 10 UMS off an A* and i really felt that they marked it wrong but my teacher wouldn't send it for a remark :mad:

aww :frown: I wasn't bothered about remarking as I didn't know how close I was at the time :lol: and we sit our options with mixed years so Y9 10 and 11 .. and I got the best grade out of all of them :lol:
Original post by elixirs
Everyone who did art said the same along with food tech. Tests the patience and skill!
I would have seriously given up because of my lack of art skills/patience/ability to meet deadlines :rolleyes:

Haha, what options did you do? And yeah it does take a lot of patience to get a decent grade, but the deadlines weren't too bad until the end just before the exam (ugh, coursework for the best part of 2 years and a 10 hour exam).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1737
I got my results three years ago and was a panicking mess. Seriously it's not too big of a deal. A levels are far more important and some part time jobs and employers (e..g. Next) don't even ask for them as long as you have the C in English and Maths. Just make sure you always try hard and put in the work!
Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kat798
I got my results three years ago and was a panicking mess. Seriously it's not too big of a deal. A levels are far more important and some part time jobs and employers (e..g. Next) don't even ask for them as long as you have the C in English and Maths. Just make sure you always try hard and put in the work!
Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now you mention it, I got a job at next and I'm awaiting results... :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1739
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Buying my own folders and textbooks for sixth form will be annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its gnna get costly :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest