The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kindred
That was a short two week holiday. I went early cos I couldn't cope with staying in a caravan so decided to spend the time at home. Got a phone call later... my family crashed on the motorway!! Caravan snaked (wobbled side to side), hit into both sides of the car and flipped over. Caravan and car are totalled but luckily everyone's safe.

It's a shame cos my mother especially was really looking forward to it and worked so hard to make it as nice as possible and they didn't even make it to the first campsite.

At least everyone's okay though. They're all staying with somebody over there tonight and my wonderful friend is sleeping over mine so I'm not alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds awful! So so glad there ok!
A few years back i was in my nannys car following my mum and step dad who were towing the caravan and a tire popped and I had a massive panic so I can't imagine how your family must have felt!
At the end of the day a caravan and car are replaceable!

Also so good you have such a good friend! Hope your ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
That sounds awful! So so glad there ok!
A few years back i was in my nannys car following my mum and step dad who were towing the caravan and a tire popped and I had a massive panic so I can't imagine how your family must have felt!
At the end of the day a caravan and car are replaceable!

Also so good you have such a good friend! Hope your ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I'm shaken but I'll get over it and I'm sure the insurance will help sort out all the damage and stuff. My family are fine so I don't really care all that much about the rest in comparison.
I'm so glad they're here! :smile:

Hope you're doing well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
Thanks. I'm shaken but I'll get over it and I'm sure the insurance will help sort out all the damage and stuff. My family are fine so I don't really care all that much about the rest in comparison.
I'm so glad they're here! :smile:

Hope you're doing well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Course you'll be shaken Hun, can't imagine hearing that news!
But yeah your family aren't replaceable at all!
You just need to keep safe now :yep:

Urrrrm I'm falling apart ever so slowly, seem to be getting through day by day I guess, thats my current plan anyway, getting through a day with as little bad things happening as possible, and disassociating as few times as I can get away with is a good day :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5543
Original post by Kindred
That was a short two week holiday. I went early cos I couldn't cope with staying in a caravan so decided to spend the time at home. Got a phone call later... my family crashed on the motorway!! Caravan snaked (wobbled side to side), hit into both sides of the car and flipped over. Caravan and car are totalled but luckily everyone's safe.

It's a shame cos my mother especially was really looking forward to it and worked so hard to make it as nice as possible and they didn't even make it to the first campsite.

At least everyone's okay though. They're all staying with somebody over there tonight and my wonderful friend is sleeping over mine so I'm not alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank god they're ok, car crashes are very frightening. At least modern cars are incredibly safe.

Interview today. Nervous doesn't quite cut it.
So i just got anxious because i got in a gondola on a game... Felt like i was gonna have a panic attack like i did last year in 1 in alton towers :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
So i just got anxious because i got in a gondola on a game... Felt like i was gonna have a panic attack like i did last year in 1 in alton towers :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm sure you're not the only one who had such a reaction to a video game!
Original post by Kindred

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek3:

Glad everyone's OK :yes:
So I kind if faked my way out of hospital lalala no voices not paranoid lol wut it was all in my head. Now I'm regretting it, not the hospital bit I hated being there but no aftercare as they believe I'm well. I'm seeing my psychologist tomorrow so I think I'll talk to her but I don't really know what to do!? Advice?
Anyone else watched failed by the NHS (mental health)? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b037w0s7/Failed_by_the_NHS/
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I'm sure you're not the only one who had such a reaction to a video game!

Dunno. My anxiety levels sky rocketed because i got in a gondola thingy :s-smilie: i personally was in no danger but my heart rate sped massively and i was terrified my character was gonna fall (like in real life, cables snapping and stuff) :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5550
Original post by Noodlzzz
Anyone else watched failed by the NHS (mental health)? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b037w0s7/Failed_by_the_NHS/

Indeed and I tweeted alot about it. Not much of it surprised me sadly given my experience of the NHS with mental health. Obviously don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't watched it; or trigger anyone but the story about the lad in Northern Ireland was just utterly appalling.
I had a really bad anxiety attack today, for a really silly reason. I just feel like it's getting worse. I get so anxious and worked up over the smallest things.

I was wondering if anyone knew about medications for anxiety? I don't really want to be taking them but if my anxiety doesn't get any better then i might have to... I still haven't been to the doctor about it, I guess I probably should. Sigh.
One of the girls in my group just heard that I was gay and said "ew" at me and moved away. Until this point we've been really close and we've spent every waking moment together so I am so hurt. She somehow got herself confused and now thinks that I'm not gay but people that are are "ew".

I literally felt like the awkward 14 year old gay kid all over again.

[SIZE="1"]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE
[QUOTE="ParadoxSocks;43829613"]One of the girls in my group just heard that I was gay and said "ew" at me and moved away. Until this point we've been really close and we've spent every waking moment together so I am so hurt. She somehow got herself confused and now thinks that I'm not gay but people that are are "ew".

I literally felt like the awkward 14 year old gay kid all over again.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE

do you feel confident in questioning her on her believes? you can hide behind the story that you are not gay.

we had to quiz many young people on placement about homophobic things such as that,

you never know, you may even change her thoughts and ideas on it!
:frown:

Feeling really sad and lonely. Had a bad day and every time I do it hits me harder than it should. Makes me realize that I am actually a rather unhappy person. On good days I just do the things that I enjoy if I can (sport mostly) but on the others I feel down. And atm there is still the big thing of finding a job so overall I am a bit worse anyway.
Reply 5557
Just a small warning, there's a thread in 'chat' about mental health and how many people have some sort of mental health issue. Some points/posts may be a little upsetting/triggering in many ways, so I figured i'd throw out a little caution/warning about it :smile:

I hope all is well with everyone and :hugs: to all that needs them :h:
Reply 5558
Sorry for the double post but has anyone spoken to 08Batee recently? I haven't seen her post in awhile.
Reply 5559
Original post by IDukem
Sorry for the double post but has anyone spoken to 08Batee recently? I haven't seen her post in awhile.

I have her number, I could text her for you?

Latest