The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Come on you Niners!!! One better this year!!
http://nesn.com/2013/08/nfl-cracking-down-on-player-celebrations-like-rob-gronkowskis-ball-spike-in-2013/

Nice to see the NFL cracking down on issues that matter :rolleyes:

No Fun League strikes again.
Kind of a weird decision to try and stamp out individual displays of emotion when they are trying to market the personalities of people wearing facemasks. Brings it into line with the college game. If it speeds the game up I suppose it makes sense. If not I don't think it makes sense but I don't think anyone will care either.
Eagles WR Arrelious Benns torn ACL as well as Chargers WR Danario Alexander.

Shame Alexander looked so good towards the second half last season. :sad:
Someone PM me a link to watch Hard Knocks. I must have it.
****ing hell the amount of injuries piling up after 1 week of training camp already...

Not even pre-season games started yet...
Man you could give Tom Brady a rock and he would still find a way to make turn it into a credible receiver.
Reply 6567
Crazy amount of injuries so far. Shame really, thankfully no major one have hit tampa yet *touches wood*

Original post by bornab3
Just did a mock fantasy draft, ended up with Arian Foster, C Johnson, A Rodge in the first three rounds, probably won't have that much luck when it comes to the actual TSR draft though :/ ]

To get foster one would assume you had a top 3 pick, if it was a 10 man draft I am not sure how C Johnson has gone to 17. Rodgers is a bit of a slide at 23ish but I don't have him on my board much higher than that. Think it's tough to pick a QB above maybe #17 pick this year.

draft mock.png

This was from my first mock yesterday, would be pretty happy with something along those lines in the TSR league. I drafted at #7 first round in a 10 man, taking Martin, Jackson and Graham as my first 3 picks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ..DT..
Crazy amount of injuries so far. Shame really, thankfully no major one have hit tampa yet *touches wood*

To get foster one would assume you had a top 3 pick, if it was a 10 man draft I am not sure how C Johnson has gone to 17. Rodgers is a bit of a slide at 23ish but I don't have him on my board much higher than that. Think it's tough to pick a QB above maybe #17 pick this year.

draft mock.png

This was from my first mock yesterday, would be pretty happy with something along those lines in the TSR league. I drafted at #7 first round in a 10 man, taking Martin, Jackson and Graham as my first 3 picks.

I love Graham at TE because he is pretty much in a league of his own, but those WRs look pretty awful. Bowe and Welker would be okay as WR2 and WR3, but as starters they're definitely below-average. Great RBs, even though I'm apparently the only one who trusts Miller approximately as far as I can throw him.
Original post by ProgFeanor
I love Graham at TE because he is pretty much in a league of his own, but those WRs look pretty awful. Bowe and Welker would be okay as WR2 and WR3, but as starters they're definitely below-average. Great RBs, even though I'm apparently the only one who trusts Miller approximately as far as I can throw him.

Gronk *cough*
Original post by Malevolent
Gronk *cough*

Incidentally, Gronk's back is something I also trust as far as I can throw it. :biggrin:
Still played 10 games last season and still the second best fantasy scorer tight end by far the best tight end :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Malevolent
Still played 10 games last season and still the second best fantasy scorer tight end by far the best tight end :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, that guy plays for the Falcons.
Also, Gronk and Graham are pretty much in the same tier when it comes to pure skill.
Blocking gronkowski by far receiving same no one is on Gronks level :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6574
Original post by ProgFeanor

Bowe is a solid wide out, he'll put up 5-7 TDs this year and 1k yards minimum. He's never had a decent QB throw to him, it'll feel like his birthday.

As for Welker, the Broncos are going to throw and throw and throw and throw. He'll get the numbers I need for the #2 slot. But yeah I prioritized on RBs because they will win fantasy leagues this year. WR's are always hit and miss. Ill pick based on matchups.#

Looking back at the draft, the 6th round, Nicks and steve smith went the 2 picks before me in the 6th round. I probably would have taken one of those over miller had they stayed on the board.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6575
Dare I ask what the consensus is for the 2013/14 season?

I have a feeling the patriots are gonna do well. Decent draft picks will only improve Tom 'toolbox' Brady and they've been on the up for a while. However, I'm gonna be backing the broncos this year - Peyton Manning is a god in human form.

Can't wait till kickoff ngl.
Original post by *Jack*
Dare I ask what the consensus is for the 2013/14 season?

I have a feeling the patriots are gonna do well. Decent draft picks will only improve Tom 'toolbox' Brady and they've been on the up for a while. However, I'm gonna be backing the broncos this year - Peyton Manning is a god in human form.

Can't wait till kickoff ngl.

Nah. I think this year belongs to the 9ers
There is no consensus for any season and if there is it's wrong. Go back in time and predict the last 4 Superbowls in the pre-season (probably more, I just don't remember off hand more than that). People would just have laughed at you. This is football, you wanna consensus watch the ****ty EPL.
Reply 6578
Original post by Hedgeman49
Nah. I think this year belongs to the 9ers

Ooh - They had a modest draft and were obviously pretty good last year... I have a feeling they peaked, or atleast plateau'd - I wouldnt want to face them, but I wouldnt put money on them either.

Original post by The Troll Toll
There is no consensus for any season and if there is it's wrong. Go back in time and predict the last 4 Superbowls in the pre-season (probably more, I just don't remember off hand more than that). People would just have laughed at you. This is football, you wanna consensus watch the ****ty EPL.

We're not picking a winner by committee. This isnt the X-factor. Just gauging people's reactions on teams to watch out for, and teams who've odds have dramatically changed from the draft :wink:

Tom Brady checking out another girl :rofl:

Latest